Incredibly Gutsy

It's a war chief.

Innocent people are bound to die.
I see the Dems are the "Pro War" party now. Amazing.

And the righties - who supported Iraq and Afghanistan - have now turned into peaceniks...go figure.....

I have not seen any peaceniks on the right. I have seen a few on the right criticizing Obama for not informing Congress before he attacked Libya. that only equates to being a peacenik if you ignore the fact that Bush actually did this himself.

Strange.

When Bush attacked countries and used cowboy diplomacy it was a bad thing, what makes it good when Obama does it?

Dumb ass. Our President didn't attack Pakistan. He went in and took out the man that masterminded the murder of 3000 Americans on American soil.

And that was justified whether that man was in Pakistan, or had been in the center of Paris, London, Moscow, or Bejing.

As far as using drones on Al Quida, that is far better than carpet bombing an area to get them.

Get over, you pathetic losers, our President made the right call, and has been making the right calls on the terrorists since he took office. From Africa to Pakistan, he has made clear that he intends to destroy the Al Queda.

Dumb ass.

Sending armed forces into another country without their permission is an act of war under all applicable international laws. That means, if you believe that Pakistan did not approve the raid in advance, we just attacked Pakistan.

If you point out any place I said that Obama did not make the right call I will be happy to admit that I said that. Until then, the only real reason you have to jump me is for calling out people who jumped on Bush for this while supporting Obama for doing the exact same thing. Did I strike a nerve?

What are you suggesting that President Obama should have done? Notify the Pakistani gov't in advance? If he had, the SEAL team would have been ambushed!

Dumb ass. Our President didn't attack Pakistan. He went in and took out the man that masterminded the murder of 3000 Americans on American soil.

And that was justified whether that man was in Pakistan, or had been in the center of Paris, London, Moscow, or Bejing.

As far as using drones on Al Quida, that is far better than carpet bombing an area to get them.

Get over, you pathetic losers, our President made the right call, and has been making the right calls on the terrorists since he took office. From Africa to Pakistan, he has made clear that he intends to destroy the Al Queda.

Dumb ass.

Sending armed forces into another country without their permission is an act of war under all applicable international laws. That means, if you believe that Pakistan did not approve the raid in advance, we just attacked Pakistan.

If you point out any place I said that Obama did not make the right call I will be happy to admit that I said that. Until then, the only real reason you have to jump me is for calling out people who jumped on Bush for this while supporting Obama for doing the exact same thing. Did I strike a nerve?

What are you suggesting that President Obama should have done? Notify the Pakistani gov't in advance? If he had, the SEAL team would have been ambushed!

The US Government violated Pakistani sovereignty because Pakistan does not have the military means to retaliate.

I can assure you that Obama would have not violated Russian or Chinese sovereignty since those countries have the means to retaliate.

Rush is right. Obama is INCREDIBLY gutsy.

Just days after a predawn raid by Navy SEALS killed OBL, the US launches another drone attack inside Pakistan which reportedly killed 15 militants. And this is taking place despite Pakistan's protests.

As I recall, Bush just tiptoed on the issue of going after militants inside Pakistan even as he sent billions of US dollars to Musharraff.

US Drone Strike Kills 15 Militants, Says Pakistan | South Asia | English

You want a real hoot? Go back and read what John McCain said about getting Bin Laden if he were in Pakistan. If McCain were president, Bin Laden would be "untouchable".

I remember. It was during the debates.

Dumb ass.

I am not suggesting anything, I am stating a fact. If we went into that raid without Pakistan's permission we attacked them, it was an act of war.

Rush is right. Obama is INCREDIBLY gutsy.

Just days after a predawn raid by Navy SEALS killed OBL, the US launches another drone attack inside Pakistan which reportedly killed 15 militants. And this is taking place despite Pakistan's protests.

As I recall, Bush just tiptoed on the issue of going after militants inside Pakistan even as he sent billions of US dollars to Musharraff.

US Drone Strike Kills 15 Militants, Says Pakistan | South Asia | English

You want a real hoot? Go back and read what John McCain said about getting Bin Laden if he were in Pakistan. If McCain were president, Bin Laden would be "untouchable".

So do I. My guess is both of you think Bush was wrong for invading Iraq, even though he got permission form Congress, had multiple UN resolutions, and waited months to do so, yet you see no problem with Obama unilaterally invading Pakistan.

Strange.

This GUTSY Meme pins the Bogometer.

Just sayin'.

So do I. My guess is both of you think Bush was wrong for invading Iraq, even though he got permission form Congress, had multiple UN resolutions, and waited months to do so, yet you see no problem with Obama unilaterally invading Pakistan.

Strange.

There is NO meaningful comparison between a full scale invasion of tens of thousands of troops in Iraq, followed by an occupation which lasted years and a cross border raid by about 24 SEAL team members who are gone within about an hour.

And yeah, Bush was wrong. He broke it, and he owns it. History will tie that mistake to his name forever. That will be his legacy.

I am not suggesting anything, I am stating a fact. If we went into that raid without Pakistan's permission we attacked them, it was an act of war.

We specifically warned them that if they harbored, aided and abetted terrorists, especially Osama Bin Laden, then THAT would be considered an "Act of War".

In fact I believe it was George Bush who said it.

So, they're damn lucky that the President took such a measured, precise response. If it was another president, we probably would have recruited India's help and "Bombed Pakistan back to the stone age", as Cheney so famously threatened.

So, to put it simply, Pakistan can STFU now, and so can all the people on the right screaming about us "Violating their sovereignty".

Dumb ass.

The US Government violated Pakistani sovereignty because Pakistan does not have the military means to retaliate.

I can assure you that Obama would have not violated Russian or Chinese sovereignty since those countries have the means to retaliate.

Yep.

Your point is what?

Strange.

There is NO meaningful comparison between a full scale invasion of tens of thousands of troops in Iraq, followed by an occupation which lasted years and a cross border raid by about 24 SEAL team members who are gone within about an hour.

And yeah, Bush was wrong. He broke it, and he owns it. History will tie that mistake to his name forever. That will be his legacy.

Yep, and Obama was gutsy because he took advantage of a secret deal between the US and Pakistan.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...made-bin-laden-raid-possible.html#post3623263

We specifically warned them that if they harbored, aided and abetted terrorists, especially Osama Bin Laden, then THAT would be considered an "Act of War".

So, they're damn lucky that the President took such a measured, precise response. If it was another president, we probably would have recruited India's help and "Bombed Pakistan back to the stone age", as Cheney so famously threatened.

So, to put it simply, Pakistan can STFU now, and so can all the people on the right screaming about us "Violating their sovereignty".

That was Bush, and Bush was evil.

Except that we really had an agreement with them all along. Who does that make lucky?

Except that we really had an agreement with them all along. Who does that make lucky?

If these people really want to ADHERE to what they spout? OBAMA Gave his official OKEE-DOAKEE to an act of WAR...Will Pakistan LAUNCH Nukes against us?

Sooo....

What you're saying is, is that this whole "Illegal assassination" thing is a bunch of garbage in the first place, and this whole discussion has been for nothing?

And I have never thought Bush was "evil". I have always assumed that he had what he perceived to be the best interests of the country at heart.

If these people really want to ADHERE to what they spout? OBAMA Gave his official OKEE-DOAKEE to an act of WAR...Will Pakistan LAUNCH Nukes against us?

Since there was a pre-existing agreement, there would be no cause, this was not in any way an "act of war", and this entire conversation has been a gigantic waste of time.

THIS..is the way you prosecute a war on terror.

I have to laugh at the way that Rush mocked (I should say, attempted to mock) Obama as being gutsy. These drone strikes have been going on for months.

Meanwhile, the RW's beloved "tough-on-terrorists" George W. Bush never found the guts to take the war to the terrorists in Pakistan and Yemen the way Obama does. Instead, they said that Obama "dithered."

Come on. Be friggin' real! The one who dithered was Bush, for crying out loud. It's Obama that has the steel spine!

Years...not months.
Screw Pakistan...Or as Barry says.. Pahkeestan.
You sons of bitches on the Left screamed like little school girls about the US being in the Middle East and Afghanistan....So now you think you can gain political mileage out of a military operation that was carefully crafted for purely political purposes?
HA!!! Obama didn't even so much as a bump in the approval ratings.
The economy still sucks because Obama and his people refuse to get their hands off. In the end, the people will forget about OBL and will focus on kitchen table issues.
$4 gas, economic malaise, unwanted Obamacare, higher taxes and mutli-trillion dollar deficits.

THIS..is the way you prosecute a war on terror.

How is that, by killing innocent people by remote control?

It's a war chief.

Innocent people are bound to die.

Yeah right....You egg sucking mouth breathing libs were pissing your pink panties when Bush was president....doing the same thing. When you read that "innocent people die" you fuckers went off the deep end. You wanted to waive the white flag. You bitched about the cost. You called Bush a war criminal. You people are useless idiots and over the top hypocrites..
And now READ THIS......YOU ARE NOT GETTING SO MUCH AS A YARD OF POLITICAL MILEAGE FROM THIS.....
If you want The Messiah to keep his office, you'd better figure out how to tell Obama to get his God damned hands off the economy, let it bottom out and leave it to recover on it's own.

Sooo....

What you're saying is, is that this whole "Illegal assassination" thing is a bunch of garbage in the first place, and this whole discussion has been for nothing?

And I have never thought Bush was "evil". I have always assumed that he had what he perceived to be the best interests of the country at heart.

Not at all. Invading a sovereign country and killing unarmed people are two different things. One is an act of war, and one is a war crime, just for starters.

The latter explains why the US is not a signatory of the World Court treaty. Can you imagine the outcry if Obama was required to turn the SEALs that took out bin Laden over for trial?

Last edited:

Yep.

Your point is what?

That we are being governed by criminal thugs.

Forum List

Back