Incredibly Gutsy

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
Rush is right. Obama is INCREDIBLY gutsy.

Just days after a predawn raid by Navy SEALS killed OBL, the US launches another drone attack inside Pakistan which reportedly killed 15 militants. And this is taking place despite Pakistan's protests.

As I recall, Bush just tiptoed on the issue of going after militants inside Pakistan even as he sent billions of US dollars to Musharraff.

US Drone Strike Kills 15 Militants, Says Pakistan | South Asia | English

THIS..is the way you prosecute a war on terror.

I have to laugh at the way that Rush mocked (I should say, attempted to mock) Obama as being gutsy. These drone strikes have been going on for months.

Meanwhile, the RW's beloved "tough-on-terrorists" George W. Bush never found the guts to take the war to the terrorists in Pakistan and Yemen the way Obama does. Instead, they said that Obama "dithered."

Come on. Be friggin' real! The one who dithered was Bush, for crying out loud. It's Obama that has the steel spine!

Last edited:
Can't tell if your being serious or sarcastic? :confused:

Yeah, those drone attacks are really "gutsy". I'll bet there's guts all over the place:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/18/world/asia/18pakistan.html
Several missiles fired from American drone aircraft on Thursday struck a meeting of local people in northwest Pakistan who had gathered with Taliban mediators to settle a dispute over a chromite mine. The attack, a Pakistani intelligence official said, killed 26 of 32 people present, SOME of them Taliban fighters, but THE MAJORITY elders and local people not attached to the militants.
You know, I read somewhere that Obama won a, what is it called, Nobel Peace Prize? You think maybe he misplaced it or just doesn't care?

I have to laugh at the way that Rush mocked (I should say, attempted to mock) Obama as being gutsy. These drone strikes have been going on for months.

Meanwhile, the RW's beloved "tough-on-terrorists" George W. Bush never found the guts to take the war to the terrorists in Pakistan and Yemen the way Obama does. Instead, the said that Obama "dithered."

Come on. Be friggin' real! The one who dithered was Bush, for crying out loud. It's Obama that has the steel spine!

Part of it is because they didn't want the "party" to end. Plenty of war-profiteers, like Halliburton, saw this as a goldmine.

Party's over.

And this is taking place despite Pakistan's protests.

Well, given the circumstances under which OBL was located, Pakistan’s not really in any position to protest.

They can protest all they want.

Yep. I bet India is drooling right now thinking about Pakistan trying to declare war on the US. They've been fighting wars every few years for decades now.

In any scenario, they'd attack from the East, and we'd come in from the west.

There's no way Pakistan would start a war with us, they'd have enemies on both fronts, and would lose very, very quickly.

Last edited:

Yeah, those drone attacks are really "gutsy". I'll bet there's guts all over the place:
Several missiles fired from American drone aircraft on Thursday struck a meeting of local people in northwest Pakistan who had gathered with Taliban mediators to settle a dispute over a chromite mine. The attack, a Pakistani intelligence official said, killed 26 of 32 people present, SOME of them Taliban fighters, but THE MAJORITY elders and local people not attached to the militants.
You know, I read somewhere that Obama won a, what is it called, Nobel Peace Prize? You think maybe he misplaced it or just doesn't care?

Yes, because Pakistani intelligence has always proved trustworthy in the past...

I think that Obama knows that his first loyalty is to the safety and security of the American people, Nobel Prize notwithstanding.

And while I regret the loss of innocent lives, I dare say that fewer innocents are killed in a drone attack then by an all out assault by war planes, helicopter gunships, and the withering fire from tanks that are firing uranium depleted shells in large areas of Baghdad and other Iraqi cities especially when the Iraqis didn't have a damn thing to do with 9-11 in the first place.

I think that Obama knows that his first loyalty is to the safety and security of the American people, Nobel Prize notwithstanding.
I seriously doubt that but that's immaterial right at this moment.
And while I regret the loss of innocent lives, I dare say that fewer innocents are killed in a drone attack then by an all out assault by war planes, helicopter gunships, and the withering fire from tanks that are firing uranium depleted shells in large areas of Baghdad and other Iraqi cities especially when the Iraqis didn't have a damn thing to do with 9-11 in the first place.
I thought this was a discussion of Obama and Pakistan? Besides, DU is still being used and last I checked, the Commander in Chief is Obama. He must have ok'ed that personally right? And you do know about the Marines helping Afghani farmers grow Opium? Under Obama's watch? Still wanna' talk about "comparative fuck-ups"? Didn't think so. "Spine of Steel" my ass!

Anyway, I don't think it's about Osama bin Laden at all, it's about Pakistani nukes. You have been reading stories about them lately haven't you? Well Pakistan and Saudi Arabia have an agreement that if the Saudis would finance Pakistans nuke program that the Kingdom would have dibs on 5 or 6 nukes.

I really think that is what this has all been about. And now the US has an excuse to go in and either destroy or take the nukes. We'll see in the coming weeks if Obama (The White House) puts pressure on the Pakistanis in that way.

Yeah, I'm not much for the cheerleading. But I will say I am glad we elected a President who would make this call, we've always had them through our history, no matter the political stripe.

I said I am glad we elected a President who would make this call. Are you listening, John McCain?

Liberal dictionary:
====================================================
gutsy - when a lib violates all of his most profound principles.

Yeah, I'm not much for the cheerleading. But I will say I am glad we elected a President who would make this call, we've always had them through our history, no matter the political stripe.

I said I am glad we elected a President who would make this call. Are you listening, John McCain?

The only time there is any doubt about it is when a Democrat is in office.

How is that, by killing innocent people by remote control?

A far greater number of innocent people were killed by US carpet bombing in Vietnam by Nixon AND by so-called precision bombing by Bush in Iraq. By comparison, the the number of innocent people killed by drones in Pakistan and Yemen is a small fraction of the numbers killed by large scale bombardments in more conventional wars.

Forum List

Back