Zawahiri’s killing was a Biden play for popularity – but it may have unexpected consequences

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
It's all about politics of course.

A decade after US Navy Seals killed Osama bin Laden in a special operation in Pakistan, Ayman al-Zawahiri was killed in a US drone strike in Kabul. Both men were synonymous with the image of al-Qaida. But more than anything, the killing of Zawahiri is a symbolic success for Joe Biden, whose approval rating has been dismally low recently. Even before the ill-fated military withdrawal from Afghanistan that led to the Taliban seizing power, the US president had been vigorously trying to avoid discussing the country in his media engagements. Unsurprisingly, he is now trying to capitalise on the drone strike that killed Zawahiri to seek redemption in Afghanistan.

You could tell it was when the MSM made a huge play over some goat fugger 99% of America has never heard about

That doesn’t mean it’s not a big deal. 99% of Americans never heard of Soleimani (including Trump) but it was a big deal when he was killed.

Not a big deal. It was a moderate deal as Trump was doing bigger and better things for the 'forgotten American', at the time.
Let's keep it in proper perspective, please.

This is just like when President Obama got OBL.....Righties all upset
I can’t speak for all, but I was quite pleased when OBL bit the dust, regardless of who was in power.

As for this guy… I’m less impressed. He’ll be replaced in days, hunted for a couple years, then offed by another drone strike just like all of OBLs successors have been. Not exactly massive news in my mind.

I had this thought the minute I heard about it

Somehow, I don't think many Trump voters (or too many others) are going to switch their vote to the Commander-in-Thief

~~~~~~
Strange isn't it that on the eve of Joey Xi Bai Dung's disastrous abandonment of Afghanistan the CIA would take out al-Zawahiri.
At this point as Hillary would tell us. "What difference does it make".

Forum List

Back