Happy 40th birthday, Amtrak!

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
Let's all take a moment to celebrate America's premiere passenger rail line and it's accomplishments in convenience, popularity, and revenue generation for the federal government.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYQcpD1XXiE]YouTube - Amtrak: The First 40 Years[/ame]

...oh wait. What's this? Hmmm...Oh. Well it seems I was wrong.

Subsidyscope.org — Transportation: Analysis Shows Amtrak Lost $32 Per Passenger in 2008

Well, at least Obama is planning to throw $53,000,000,000 at it to get high rail! Biden announces $53 billion high-speed rail plan - CNN.com

Oh, Leviathan Federal Government...you never learn.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTn7d4KJqx8]YouTube - High Speed Trains Around the World[/ame]

Hope the US never gets High Speed Trains. We need the congestion the airports offer. I like the US the Republicans are working for. And uneducated, underdeveloped Banana Republic where the rich are the elite and everyone else scrapes along for a living. Besides, I really like "bananas".

What Republicans are working for a "Banana Republic," nitwit?

Do you have some examples?

Of course you don't.

Resume drooling on yourself.

Of course you don't.

Corporate tax cuts.

Tax cuts for the wealthy.

CEOs getting enormous salary increases.

Corporations sitting on over two trillion in capital when America needs jobs.

Companies having some of the biggest profits ever.

The divide between the top 1% and he rest of America being the greatest since the great depression.

And you call me a nitwit? What a moron. You comment and don't know anything about anything. What are you? About 12? You can't be an adult. You are either a fairly smart child or really fucking stupid.

sigh...why do the mentally inept always hijack my threads with their stupidity?

Of course you don't.

Corporate tax cuts.

The divide between the top 1% and he rest of America being the greatest since the great depression.

And you call me a nitwit? What a moron. You comment and don't know anything about anything. What are you? About 12? You can't be an adult. You are either a fairly smart child or really fucking stupid.

Any idea what a Banana Republic is, for starters - Gomer?

Need a Wikipedia definition to get ya rolling?

Christ, what a blathering moron....

Of course you don't.

Corporate tax cuts.

Can you name one banana republic where any of that has ever occurred?

Any idea what a Banana Republic is, for starters - Gomer?

Need a Wikipedia definition to get ya rolling?

Christ, what a blathering moron....

Yep. Anyone who thinks tax cuts are what causes a country to become a banana republic is a blithering idiot.

i always had great service when i traveled on amtrak....the coast starlight (had the observation car) is one of the most beautiful and scenic routes in the country.....well...between san diego and san luis obispo (just close your eyes through most of LA) :razz:

One definition of a Banana Republic would be the concentration of wealth in the hands of a few, like the top 1% in the US.

i always had great service when i traveled on amtrak....the coast starlight (had the observation car) is one of the most beautiful and scenic routes in the country.....well...between san diego and san luis obispo (just close your eyes through most of LA) :razz:

hmmm....

YouTube - High Speed Trains Around the World

Hope the US never gets High Speed Trains. We need the congestion the airports offer. I like the US the Republicans are working for. And uneducated, underdeveloped Banana Republic where the rich are the elite and everyone else scrapes along for a living. Besides, I really like "bananas".

They all lose massive amounts of money, shit for brains. Why do you want another drain on the federal budget?

Amtrak treats passengers like shit, takes longer than a bus to get there and charges the rate of an airlines.

Another government subsidy gone wrong.

And we've kept it alive for 40 years.

Sounds like a government program to me......

Forum List

Back