Ina LANDSLIDE, House repeals Obamacare

without the mandate I'd like to see the financing aspect spelled out under that new paradigm....hummm, who around here is willing to take a stab at that.....:eusa_think::eusa_whistle:

Somebody will have to. The bill passed today would not be signed by a Republican in the White House. The vote today means the GOP has committed itself to health care reform. This is a very good step.
“A bill without the mandate is no longer real health reform,” said Jonathan Gruber, an economist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a key architect of both the Massachusetts law and the federal law.

In a paper prepared for the Obama administration, Gruber estimated premiums would rise 27 percent without the mandate because of these “free riders,” as opposed to the 10 percent expected increase in the non-group market expected under reform."

So without the mandate premiums would rise 27%. There would be several options besides just repealing it.
1. Pass legislation to discourage the free riders, (those that wait till they are seriously ill to sign up). Insurance companies could be allowed to consider preexisting conditions for free riders.
2. Pass legislation to adopt a single payer system. That would probably be the cheapest alternative but it would be a huge fight since it would be the end of private healthcare insurance.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/congr...de-house-repeals-obamacare-3.html#post3227865

well, you weren't the one I expected to try and explain it but I do thank you.

how about bending the cost curve?

And why do you care? iuf the mods want to merg it with another thread they will so don't fucking worry about it.

Because it creates unnecessary threads. Not too mention is reflects on your lack of intelligence...

So to add to the increase you add two replies? In case you do not realize if no one replies to this thread it will go to the bottom of the page, yet you replied knowing that there were other threads about this subject. WOULD YOU CALL THIS BEING A HYPOCRIT?

What's a hypocrit? A highly strung raccoon..
Naw, I'll just derail the thread like it deserves to be...:cool:

Well we know it won't pass the Senate but it is a start.
Obamacare Repeal Vote Tests Democrats? Strength

The funny thing is that there was more votes to repeal the law than there was to implement it. And, even better, some democrats joined in . It seems that between the origional vote for Obamacare and the vote to repeal it, the bipartisanship (what little there was) has been on the Republicans side every time.

In 2012 we get to run again against Obama, Pelosi, Reid, a bad economy and ObamaCare.

Does it get any better?

What are you doing with the $2,500 or 2,500% (whichever comes first) saving from switching to ObamaCare (aka: HealthCare Reform, Health Insurance Reform, Health Tax, Health Regulation)

In 2012 we get to run again against Obama, Pelosi, Reid, a bad economy and ObamaCare.

Does it get any better?

What are you doing with the $2,500 or 2,500% (whichever comes first) saving from switching to ObamaCare (aka: HealthCare Reform, Health Insurance Reform, Health Tax, Health Regulation)

I think you'll find over the next 20 months Obama is gonna make a comeback

245-189

And Reid is saying he won't even allow it onto the Senate floor?

That's gonna make the People happy, huh?

Regardless of Reid or the Senate, kiss the mandate, and almost all of Obamacare goodbye.

It was a Bipartisan vote as well! As opposed to the PapaObama Care vote which was pure partisan.

Kudos to the new Civility!
Kudos for our wonderful congress trying to pass what the American People want!

Americans must be happy to see Congress people doing the will of the people by
delivering on what they voted them in for......

Sadly, there was one radical leftist, Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) using Nazi analogies

For shame, congressman, in our New age of Civility, for shame.

I'm sure it will be only a matter of time before the rest of the
Left and the MSM will call him out for creating such a hateful environment.

How come almost nobody who against this bill has addressed my two posts. The only one who I can see even made somewhat of a attempt was Trajan who addressed the benefits of Tort Reform.

Specifically:

Well I only made a "somewhat attempt because you really have not made much of a case either, sorry there it is, any of us can post an article, how do you feel and how do YOU see it?.

Oh and your Wash indy article is built on a view from; Tom Baker, a professor at the University of Pennsylvania Law School and author of “The Medical Malpractice Myth. just sayin'..

and you didn't reply to my post. ..;).

If we are just going to trade articles, I can do that and add some "stats" you crave...Behold;

Defensive Medicine Is Norm if Malpractice Threatens
By Peggy Peck, Senior Editor, MedPage Today
Published: May 31, 2005
Reviewed by Zalman S. Agus, MD; Emeritus Professor at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine .

Both studies were funded by the Pew Charitable Trusts as part of the Project on Medical Liability in Pennsylvania.

Eight-hundred twenty four (65%) of the physicians who received the defensive medicine survey responded, with obstetrician-gynecologists accounting for 23%, general surgeons and radiologists 19% each, emergency physicians 18%, orthopedic surgeons 15%, and neurosurgeons just 6%. At the time of the survey, which was May 2003, a number of liability insurers had withdrawn from the market in Pennsylvania, and the average premium for Philadelphia general surgeon had more than doubled to $72,518 from $33,684 in 2000.

Among the findings of the survey:

* 59% of respondents said they ordered unnecessary diagnostic tests -- most often imaging studies. Seventy percent of emergency physicians said they ordered unnecessary scans.

* 52% of all physicians said they referred patients when referrals were not medically necessary.

* A third of physicians said they prescribed drugs that weren't medically necessary, and the same percentage said they performed unnecessary invasive procedures.

* Breast cancer was a particular target for defensive medicine, with radiologists either referring questionable results for biopsy or refusing to perform mammograms altogether.

* There was no link between physicians' actual experience of litigation and their practice of defensive medicine, but physicians who lacked "confidence in their liability insurance" and those who expressed concern about the financial burden of insurance premiums were more likely to practice defensive medicine.

* Physicians are more likely to refuse care to workers' compensation patients and obese patients, both groups perceived as potentially litigious.

waaaayyyyyy more at-

Medical News: Defensive Medicine Is Norm if Malpractice Threatens - in Public Health & Policy, Practice Management from MedPage Today

another article -

LAWRENCE J. McQUILLAN, Ph.D.: I am an economist. I focus on this issue as an economic issue, an economic problem. I have been working on this issue for about four years as a full-time project, and the first study that we did in 2006 was Jackpot Justice, which Hans mentioned earlier.

In this study, what we set out to do is measure the total cost of the U.S. tort liability system and put that cost in perspective. Hans mentioned a figure of $252 billion a year. That is the direct cost of the tort liability system, but what we wanted to do in this study is also measure the indirect cost. When we crunched the numbers, we arrived at a total of $865 billion annually as the cost.

It is a lawsuit industry. That's really the way to look at it. It truly is an industry in terms of the size, scope, and amount of resources devoted to it. To put it in perspective, it's roughly the size of the U.S. restaurant industry: About 6.5 percent of GDP would be the equivalent. It is about 30 times what the National Institutes of Health spends each year on finding cures for deadly diseases. It's a huge amount of resources that are diverted toward, basically, a transfer system.

The Costs of Lawsuit Abuse

Every year, lawsuit abuse costs each American about $2,000. That is the cost that is factored into all the goods and services that we buy, from ladders to lawnmowers. Built into every price is a component to pay for liability insurance and lawsuit defense.

way more at-

Tort Reform in the States: Protecting Consumers and Enhancing Economic Growth | The Heritage Foundation

Last edited:
I think you'll find over the next 20 months Obama is gonna make a comeback

Well the funny thing about that.

NBC/WSJ poll: Obama bouncing back - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

According to the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, Obama’s approval rating has surged above 50 percent; confidence in the economy also has spiked; and the Democratic Party — but not the GOP — now enjoys a net-positive rating from the American public.

In the poll, Obama’s job-approval rating stands at 53 percent, which is an eight-point jump from last month and represents his highest rating in the survey since July 2009.

Just 25 percent say that the Republicans in Congress will bring “the right kind of change” to the country. That’s compared with 42 percent who said that after Democrats took over the House in 2007, and 37 percent who said that after Republicans gained control in 1995.

While I wouldn't put too much stock into polls, it's not going to be so easy for the Republicans as Frank would hope. Never mind the fact they don't have a viable candidate.

Repealing ObamaCare is the only decent thing the House has done in the last two years. Betcha Nancy Pelosi's panties are in a knot.

Might be to you. But people who actually do want to help Americans are very glad that they voted to repeal the single most destructive bill to pass in the past 40 years.

But then, I guess I understand why you don't like that. You care more about controlling peoples lives then helping them. Otherwise, you'd be opposed to this piece of crap legislation too.

What's so destructive about "ObamaCare"?

What does it "destroy"?
How about FREEDOM?

That's ridiculous.
Diversify your news sources.

wow, we have like 3 threads going.

This thread has been all over the place. :lol:

Not much to really discuss in the first place about this vote. It's literally the same points on each side. Nothing new to add really except the stuff I posted.

Repealing ObamaCare is the only decent thing the House has done in the last two years. Betcha Nancy Pelosi's panties are in a knot.
Why? It's not going anywhere. It's just a huge waste of money from the people who supposedly care about saving taxpayer money.

The popularity bump was to be expected.

Whether or not the blame the House Republicans rhetoric takes hold will determine whether that remains above, or near, 50%.

It will likely go down again because Liberals will not follow through with scratching the 2000+ page legislation, unemployment will remain high, and the squawking from the left media is starting to irritate people.

I do agree with you that the Rs don't have a viable candidate right now, however.

They will definitely pick up more seats in the House in 2012, and the Senate will switch hands.

My prediction is that Obama will keep his throne.

Forum List

Back