Ina LANDSLIDE, House repeals Obamacare

without the mandate I'd like to see the financing aspect spelled out under that new paradigm....hummm, who around here is willing to take a stab at that.....:eusa_think::eusa_whistle:

Somebody will have to. The bill passed today would not be signed by a Republican in the White House. The vote today means the GOP has committed itself to health care reform. This is a very good step.
“A bill without the mandate is no longer real health reform,” said Jonathan Gruber, an economist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a key architect of both the Massachusetts law and the federal law.

In a paper prepared for the Obama administration, Gruber estimated premiums would rise 27 percent without the mandate because of these “free riders,” as opposed to the 10 percent expected increase in the non-group market expected under reform."

So without the mandate premiums would rise 27%. There would be several options besides just repealing it.
1. Pass legislation to discourage the free riders, (those that wait till they are seriously ill to sign up). Insurance companies could be allowed to consider preexisting conditions for free riders.
2. Pass legislation to adopt a single payer system. That would probably be the cheapest alternative but it would be a huge fight since it would be the end of private healthcare insurance.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/congr...de-house-repeals-obamacare-3.html#post3227865

Reality is hard. You can't have cake and ice cream and candy and soda and unicorns and rainbows and ice cream (gotta have 2 scoops!) and make everyday Sunday and free high quality healthcare for all!!! Sorry. Life is NOT a cabaret. Unless you happen to work at one.....

Nor should it be about "me! Me!Me! Mine! Mine! Mine!!"
But have at it...and don't bitch and moan while your country goes down the gurgler...

Again, what has actually been repealed? Last time I checked, until a piece of legislation is passed by both houses of congress and signed in to law (or a veto overturned), this bill is just rubber-stamped in washable ink.

Reality is hard. You can't have cake and ice cream and candy and soda and unicorns and rainbows and ice cream (gotta have 2 scoops!) and make everyday Sunday and free high quality healthcare for all!!! Sorry. Life is NOT a cabaret. Unless you happen to work at one.....

But have at it...and don't bitch and moan while your country goes down the gurgler...

Wow. We're in agreement, although on your part it's completely inadvertent.

Those of us who oppose ObamaCare don't believe that other people should grab the hard earned income of others with a "me! Me!Me! Mine! Mine! Mine!!"

Those of us who oppose ObamaCare don't believe that other people should grab the hard earned income of others with a "me! Me!Me! Mine! Mine! Mine!!"

How are they 'grabbing' others' income?

Well we know it won't pass the Senate but it is a start.
Obamacare Repeal Vote Tests Democrats? Strength

It was a Bipartisan vote as well! As opposed to the PapaObama Care vote which was pure partisan.

Kudos to the new Civility!
Kudos for our wonderful congress trying to pass what the American People want!

Americans must be happy to see Congress people doing the will of the people by
delivering on what they voted them in for......

Sadly, there was one radical leftist, Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) using Nazi analogies

For shame, congressman, in our New age of Civility, for shame.

I'm sure it will be only a matter of time before the rest of the
Left and the MSM will call him out for creating such a hateful environment.

Last edited:
American Christian Fundamentalists are the scum of human evolution. They are as crazy and dangerous as Adolf Hitler ever was. The unspoken truth underlying their unbridled GLEE about this meaningless vote has nothing to do with their disregard for Americans health which is true..and EVERYTHING to do with abortion. That's right. These stupid fucks don't want free public access to ABORTION. That's the whole ballgame for these cretins. Any greedy HMO company that wants to continue gutting our economy only has to raise the specter of abortion and these crazy fucks would gladly see one, two, twenty...fifty million Americans die in the wake of their ignorance. Piss on them. Every time I see these people mobilized I start having vivid dreams of all of their churches burning to the ground with them locked inside. They are the most worthless fucks ever put on this earth.

Last edited:
Again, what has actually been repealed? Last time I checked, until a piece of legislation is passed by both houses of congress and signed in to law (or a veto overturned), this bill is just rubber-stamped in washable ink.
nothing

Well we know it won't pass the Senate but it is a start.
Obamacare Repeal Vote Tests Democrats? Strength

It was a Bipartisan vote as well! (PapaObama Care vote was partisan)

Kudos to the new Civility!

Sadly, there was one radical leftist, Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) using Nazi analogies

For shame, congressman, in our New age of Civility, for shame.

I'm sure it will be only a matter of time before the rest of the
Left and the MSM will call him out for creating such a hateful environment.

:clap2: I'm sure they will be digging through his trash at one oclock in the morning.

How are they 'grabbing' others' income?

Insisting that the government take money away from something else to provide one something for free is Grabby.

I harbor no illusion that you grok this concept.

American Christian Fundamentalists are the scum of human evolution. They are as crazy and dangerous as Adolf Hitler ever was. The unspoken truth underlying their unbridled GLEE about this meaningless vote has nothing to do with their disregard for Americans health which is true..and EVERYTHING to do with abortion. That's right. These stupid fucks don't want free public access to ABORTION. That's the whole ballgame for these cretins. Any greedy HMO company that wants to continue gutting our economy only has to raise the specter of abortion and these crazy fucks would gladly see one, two, twenty...fifty million Americans die in the wake of their ignorance. Piss on them. Every time I see these people mobilized I start having vivid dreams of all of their churches burning to the ground with them locked inside. They are the most worthless fucks ever put on this earth.

Forgot to take your medication?

Can we merge these threads..Obviously Big Reb isn't big on looking around and seeing what other threads are already happening.

here's a tip Reb: On the top right of your page is a button that can be clicked called New Posts. If you click on it, you will see what threads have new posts in them. If you had done so, you would already see that there is a thread on this subject with in excess of 80 posts already happening.

Now, say 'thank you'...

Ah yes, let us just go on paying twice as much per capita for health care, and recieving a vastly inferior product in return. That is the All American Way. Twice as much per capita, and fail to cover tens of millions of citizens.

Just more of the "Greed is good", "I got mine, fuck you" mentality that dominates the present Republican Party.

Obamacare does nothing to lower your costs for health care.

Can we merge these threads..Obviously Big Reb isn't big on looking around and seeing what other threads are already happening.

here's a tip Reb: On the top right of your page is a button that can be clicked called New Posts. If you click on it, you will see what threads have new posts in them. If you had done so, you would already see that there is a thread on this subject with in excess of 80 posts already happening.

Now, say 'thank you'...

Anything for our new age of civility

Now, say 'thank you'...

And why do you care? iuf the mods want to merg it with another thread they will so don't fucking worry about it.

Ah yes, let us just go on paying twice as much per capita for health care, and recieving a vastly inferior product in return. That is the All American Way. Twice as much per capita, and fail to cover tens of millions of citizens.

Just more of the "Greed is good", "I got mine, fuck you" mentality that dominates the present Republican Party.
Oye, you are dense.......such silly emotional appeals only serve to distract from the real issue. The reason for high health care costs in the US is because of the removal of the patient as a major participant in the financial and medical choices. When the medical bills are paid by third-party payers (insurance companies and governments) the costs always increase...always!! Patients overuse medical resources since those resources appear to be FREE!!! or almost free. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon - manufacturers of medical equipment create new and ever more expensive devices, Doctors order unnecessary tests and procedures, and since the invisible "third party" pays....nobody complains.

The solution is to make the PATIENT the central player in the medical marketplace. Patients need to be given the same motivations to economize or save on medical care that they have to economize in other markets.

And something they actually read before holding a vote.

Do you believe that every freshman (and non-freshman, for that matter) who voted tonight has read the legislation that was up for repeal?

Probably not. But they know a whole hell of a lot more about what is in it than what the idiots who voted for it knew.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back