In the home stretch of binge-watching Sex and the City and I'm getting worn out...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...the sex scenes no longer keep my interest and the endless parade of men the women sleep with and then discard is getting a bit dispiriting.

The show has taught me one thing, which is that women have a long list of boxes to check off before they will find a man acceptable. And Carrie, the main character, keeps finding men who work for a few episodes, but then fail because one of the boxes can't be checked off.

I told my daughter that men have a very short list of boxes. A woman should be (1) cute and (2) interested in you. Most of the rest is optional and most men don't care about.

But women want men to be (1) handsome (2) tall (3) confident (4) attractive to other women (5) have a steady job (6) a car (7) doesn't live with parents and the list goes on and on.

I watched like 10 minutes of that show once and only because I was too lazy to change the channel for 9 minutes 30 seconds

The show's characters are women who have had so many sex partners I have lost count. Let's face it, they're absolute whores.

These women don't have God in their lives so they are trying to fill a God-sized hole with sex and relationships.

And because no man can fill that hole they are rejected one after another.

They constantly make demands of men but what, other than sex, do they offer in return?

Nothing.

They are constantly judging men and none of them ever holds us to their judgment.

Sure you can marry another man, and always have someone to play poker with, see a football game with, and never get all those excuses why you can't have sex.

But who would clean the house? Most men are slobs.

The show isn't very good from a feminist point of view. These women, all in their mid-30's, act as boy-crazy as tweenies screaming at a Beatles concert.

The women in these shows are constantly chasing happiness and never obtaining it because they try to find it in sex, relationships, expensive shoes and clothes, going to nightclubs and parties, spending extravagantly on gifts for their friends, the show portrays a lifestyle that is spiritually and morally bankrupt.

...the sex scenes no longer keep my interest and the endless parade of men the women sleep with and then discard is getting a bit dispiriting.

The show has taught me one thing, which is that women have a long list of boxes to check off before they will find a man acceptable. And Carrie, the main character, keeps finding men who work for a few episodes, but then fail because one of the boxes can't be checked off.

I told my daughter that men have a very short list of boxes. A woman should be (1) cute and (2) interested in you. Most of the rest is optional and most men don't care about.

But women want men to be (1) handsome (2) tall (3) confident (4) attractive to other women (5) have a steady job (6) a car (7) doesn't live with parents and the list goes on and on.

Sex is the City shows straight women as gay men see straight women.

I got bored watching Carrie kiss yet another new man and turned it off.

Forum List

Back