In other words, amnesty for all…

Capitalist

Jeffersonian Liberal
May 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES – Hundreds of human rights groups are asking the Obama administration to end programs that allow local police to check the immigration status of arrestees.
A letter to the president Wednesday says it encourages racial profiling and calls it a dangerous merger of the federal immigration enforcement system with state criminal justice systems.
The letter is signed by the AFL-CIO and a broad range of criminal justice, peace, religious, ethnic and immigrant rights groups around the country, including the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement is expanding a program that permits local police officers to run arrestees’ names through a Department of Homeland Security database.

Lemme see if I've got this right. People arrested on suspicion of breaking a law should not be checked to see if they've broken the law by being in our country illegally, because so doing is racial profiling? Oh, I get it. The story's from The Onion, right?

-Typical. If anyone is against thee law to check their immigration status they must be illegal too, deport them after twenty years in prison for violating our immigration laws. I might be asking too much.

-Typical. If anyone is against thee law to check their immigration status they must be illegal too, deport them after twenty years in prison for violating our immigration laws. I might be asking too much.

I like the twenty year thing.
Maybe twenty years of hard labor working to maintain a fence and sleeping at night in a tent.

Forum List

Back