In my fourth attempt to get information, I ask forum Democrats to provide proof that Russia...

Of course his opinion can change- but he said he didn't want to go into Iraq but he is on record otherwise
during a September 2002 interview on Howard Stern's radio show Trump was asked if he supported invading Iraq. "Yeah, I guess so," he answered.

How does "Yeah, I guess" I support invading Iraq" square with Trump's claim he was always against the war in Iraq?
However, he told Sean Hannity he was against it.

I would like to hear more of the context with Howard Stern.

Let's compare transcripts- you provide the transcript from Sean Hannity's program- and I will provide it from Howard Stern's program.

Deal?
I'll do your work for you.

What he told Stern is ambigious. It seems like the thought the initial invasion was a mistake.

Hannity backs up Trump on Iraq War

Fox News's Sean Hannity came to Donald TrumpDonald defense Monday night, corroborating the GOP presidential nominee's debate claim that he had expressed doubts about the Iraq War to the anchor.

In a post-debate interview between Trump and Hannity, the Fox News anchor backed up the business magnate's account of conversations about the Iraq invasion.

"You know how many times we had conversations about that? You told me I was wrong, in fairness," Hannity said.

"It was respectful and I understood where you were coming from," Trump responded.

"I was against the war, I thought it would destabilize the Middle East. I didn't realize it would be managed so badly," he added.
Trump mentioned Hannity to
push back on accusations from debate moderator Lester Holt that he initially supported the Iraq War.

"I had numerous conversations with Sean Hannity at Fox," Trump said.

"He and I used to have arguments about the war," Trump added. "I said it's a terrible, stupid thing. It's going to destabilize the Middle East, and that's exactly what it's done."

Howard Stern in a 2002 radio interview asked Trump whether he supported invading Iraq.

"Yeah, I guess so," Trump replied. "I wish the first time it was done correctly."

He addressed the Stern interview during the debate, calling it "mainstream media nonsense" that he supported the

So to recap:
  • There is no transcript of a conversation between Trump and Hannity before the war- nor any date of when he supposedly spoke with Hannity.
  • Retrospectively, Trump supposedly told Hannity he was against the war.
  • There is a transcript of his conversation with Howard Stern in 2002 where Trump expresses weak support for the invasion.
Remember- it doesn't matter how often he told people in 2005 or 2010 that he was against the Iraq War- because Trump has claimed he was always against the Iraq War.

But in 2002- he clearly wasn't against the Iraq War- unless he was lying to Howard Stern

In 2002, Donald Trump Said He Supported Invading Iraq
He doesn't need a transcript. This isn't a court.

I am for the war in Iraq. I think it was fucked up.

Pres. Trump was a private citizen. He could have changing opinions. Also it was complicated.

You are just confirming that President Trump lied when he said he was always against the Iraq war.

Yes- he did change his opinion- yes he was a private citizen- neither of those are relevant to his lie that he was always against the Iraq War.

Feb. 16 “We got 306 because people came out and voted like they've never seen before so that's the way it goes. I guess it was the biggest Electoral College win since Ronald Reagan.”

(George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama all won bigger margins in the Electoral College.)
He said "I guess". That means he isn't certain.

It also doesn't mean he was against the war.

If I ask you if you are for going to war with North Korea, and you say "I guess"- that doesn't mean you are against going to war with North Korea.

And if you later claim to always have been against going to war with North Korea, then you will be lying.

Sean Hannity is a trusted source?

I bet Trump uses Hannity as an excuse to Melania every time he stays out late
As opposed to Howard Stern?

I doubt that Trump would want an excuse not to be with Melania, especially compared with that cow Michelle.

Trump has cheated on all his wives...why would Melania be any different?

Honest Melaina....I was not out grabbing pussy again......Ask Sean, he will vouch for me
Yanno. I don't know and I don't care about his sex life.
I think the point is that Trump lies prolifically
Hannity supporting his lies is meaningless
Nope the left wing media lies and lies and lies some more.

The right wing media lies and lies and lies some more. Even more than either the left or right wing media- Donald Trump lies- almost daily.

Reality is that the 'media' makes mistakes- and usually acknowledges them. The media can also be biased and 'slant' the news.

Donald Trump just out and out lies.

Like saying he didn't know whether President Obama was born in the United States or saying that there were 3-5 million illegal votes cast in the 2016 election.

Wow.....whole lots of stuff- and with no substance.

There were donations to the Clinton Foundation- but Hillary Clinton had no authority to approve any deal.

The closest you get is that the State Department was one of 9 Departments that at one point approved gave approval on the deal.

1. Department of the Treasury (chair)
  2. Department of Justice
  3. Department of Homeland Security
  4. Department of Commerce
  5. Department of Defense
  6. Department of State
  7. Department of Energy
  8. Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
  9. Office of Science & Technology Policy
So where are the donations to Treasury Secretary? To the Attorney General? To the Secretary of Defense?

Making donations to the Clinton Foundation in order to 'swing' this deal- when State is only one of 9 Departments that has to approve the deal- and it also has to be approved of by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission

The fact is, Clinton was one of nine voting members on the foreign investments committee, which also includes the secretaries of the Treasury, Defense, Homeland Security, Commerce and Energy, the attorney general, and representatives from two White House offices — the United States Trade Representative and the Office of Science and Technology Policy. (Separately, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission needed to approve (and did approve) the transfer of two uranium recovery licenses as part of the sale.)

The committee, which is known by its acronym CFIUS, can approve a sale, but it cannot stop a sale. Only the president can do that, and only if the committee recommends or “any member of CFIUS recommends suspension or prohibition of the transaction,” according to guidelines issued by the Treasury Department in December 2008 after the department adopted its final rule a month earlier.

Treasury Department, Dec. 8, 2008: Only the President has the authority to suspend or prohibit a covered transaction. Pursuant to section 6(c) of Executive Order 11858, CFIUS refers a covered transaction to the President if CFIUS or any member of CFIUS recommends suspension or prohibition of the transaction, or if CFIUS otherwise seeks a Presidential determination on the transaction.

Go bitch at the New York Times. Wait! You're not saying they're fake news are you?

:lol:

Oops- did my pointing out the facts upset your narrative that Hillary Clinton sold American Uranium to Russia? "pay to play"? LOL

There were donations to the Clinton Foundation- but Hillary Clinton had no authority to approve any deal.

The closest you get is that the State Department was one of 9 Departments that at one point approved gave approval on the deal.

1. Department of the Treasury (chair)
  2. Department of Justice
  3. Department of Homeland Security
  4. Department of Commerce
  5. Department of Defense
  6. Department of State
  7. Department of Energy
  8. Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
  9. Office of Science & Technology Policy
So where are the donations to Treasury Secretary? To the Attorney General? To the Secretary of Defense?

Making donations to the Clinton Foundation in order to 'swing' this deal- when State is only one of 9 Departments that has to approve the deal- and it also has to be approved of by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission

The fact is, Clinton was one of nine voting members on the foreign investments committee, which also includes the secretaries of the Treasury, Defense, Homeland Security, Commerce and Energy, the attorney general, and representatives from two White House offices — the United States Trade Representative and the Office of Science and Technology Policy. (Separately, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission needed to approve (and did approve) the transfer of two uranium recovery licenses as part of the sale.)

The committee, which is known by its acronym CFIUS, can approve a sale, but it cannot stop a sale. Only the president can do that, and only if the committee recommends or “any member of CFIUS recommends suspension or prohibition of the transaction,” according to guidelines issued by the Treasury Department in December 2008 after the department adopted its final rule a month earlier.

Treasury Department, Dec. 8, 2008: Only the President has the authority to suspend or prohibit a covered transaction. Pursuant to section 6(c) of Executive Order 11858, CFIUS refers a covered transaction to the President if CFIUS or any member of CFIUS recommends suspension or prohibition of the transaction, or if CFIUS otherwise seeks a Presidential determination on the transaction

Unfortunately, secretary of state, is an extremely powerful position that had a gigantic say in this. And greasing Hillary's palms with millions of dollars is a pretty good incentive for Hillary to get things through.

LOL- and this is all based upon.....your fantasies.

Hillary Clinton never received a dime from the company.
And Hillary Clinton wasn't responsible for the approval of the sale- nor is there any evidence that she had anything to do with the sale.

Not that Trumpsters care about evidence- that is why you still believe Trump when he says there were 3-5 miillion illegal votes cast.
Why do you think they got speaking fees many times greater than everyone else from organizations that got political favors from the Clintons? It certainly wasn't because of Hillary's good looks.

What 'political favors' from the Clinton's?

Guess what- ex-Presidents get paid big money for speaking fees- and so does Donald Trump.

The fight over Hillary Clinton’s speaking fees is ridiculous

As speaking fees go, Hillary Clinton’s allegedly scandalous $200,000 per engagement is chump change compared with Donald Trump’s $1.5 million.

I just have to point out, though you know there are Secret Service around, you don't see any in the picture. Trump is right in there, right up to and in the people up to his elbows! That is because Trump feels a connection with the people, there is real chemistry and for the most part, he feels pretty safe. Those people would protect him, put themselves in harm's way to protect him and stop an attacker. I know I would. If anyone can show me Obama or Hillary getting right up in there with people like that, I'd like to see the photo. And Trump wasn't handing out any cellphones. Of course, things are probably different now, when you are President, they simply cannot take the same laxness as when this picture was taken. You never know, there could be Russian agents in the crowd now (see! My obligatory on-topic comment!)

Really?

iu

And the media which is 99.997% AGAINST Trump, they would never lie, would they?

I was responding to the post that referred to the media.

Feel free to post the evidence that Trump has provided of those 3-5 million illegal votes.

It isn't the media which doesn't have the 'proof'- it is Trump that doesn't have the proof.

And we all know that Trump lies- constantly.

But Trumpster's don't care if he lies.

The media said there is no proof of illegal voting. I posted proof. Therefore, what the media and this article said is false.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

You have proof that 3 to 5 million illegal votes were cast? My goodness!

Where is it?
The media said there was "NO" evidence of illegal voting. None zippo nada. I provided evidence that there was. Therefore, the radical leftist media has been spreading this lie and is continuing to do so.

There is definite proof of illegal votes. Not one or two but many. Don't ask me for "links" or names, but I've heard it from very credible high sources. /QUOTE]

'very credible high sources'

Well....that is enough proof for me- I guess Trump wasn't lying then!

LOL- Trump voters.

So why doesn't the President of the United States- who has the authority to declassify anything he wants to- release that information?

So why doesn't the President of the United States- use that information- rather than create a funky Commission to investigate 'voter fraud'?

The reality is that no one has provided any proof of any significant voter fraud- let alone the 3-5 million voters Trump claimed.

Trump lied.

You don't care

[Q There must be Voter ID required in every state. Time to crack down on this problem.

To 'crack down on this problem'- that the GOP and the Right Wing can provide no proof is a 'problem'.

Isn't it odd that I have been voting for 40 years without having to provide voter ID, but suddenly the GOP says the process is not safe unless I provide proof of my identity when I vote?

Why was it safe enough when Reagan got elected- but suddenly not safe enough now?

However, he told Sean Hannity he was against it.

I would like to hear more of the context with Howard Stern.

Let's compare transcripts- you provide the transcript from Sean Hannity's program- and I will provide it from Howard Stern's program.

Deal?
I'll do your work for you.

What he told Stern is ambigious. It seems like the thought the initial invasion was a mistake.

Hannity backs up Trump on Iraq War

Fox News's Sean Hannity came to Donald TrumpDonald defense Monday night, corroborating the GOP presidential nominee's debate claim that he had expressed doubts about the Iraq War to the anchor.

In a post-debate interview between Trump and Hannity, the Fox News anchor backed up the business magnate's account of conversations about the Iraq invasion.

"You know how many times we had conversations about that? You told me I was wrong, in fairness," Hannity said.

"It was respectful and I understood where you were coming from," Trump responded.

"I was against the war, I thought it would destabilize the Middle East. I didn't realize it would be managed so badly," he added.
Trump mentioned Hannity to
push back on accusations from debate moderator Lester Holt that he initially supported the Iraq War.

"I had numerous conversations with Sean Hannity at Fox," Trump said.

"He and I used to have arguments about the war," Trump added. "I said it's a terrible, stupid thing. It's going to destabilize the Middle East, and that's exactly what it's done."

Howard Stern in a 2002 radio interview asked Trump whether he supported invading Iraq.

"Yeah, I guess so," Trump replied. "I wish the first time it was done correctly."

He addressed the Stern interview during the debate, calling it "mainstream media nonsense" that he supported the

So to recap:
  • There is no transcript of a conversation between Trump and Hannity before the war- nor any date of when he supposedly spoke with Hannity.
  • Retrospectively, Trump supposedly told Hannity he was against the war.
  • There is a transcript of his conversation with Howard Stern in 2002 where Trump expresses weak support for the invasion.
Remember- it doesn't matter how often he told people in 2005 or 2010 that he was against the Iraq War- because Trump has claimed he was always against the Iraq War.

But in 2002- he clearly wasn't against the Iraq War- unless he was lying to Howard Stern

In 2002, Donald Trump Said He Supported Invading Iraq
He doesn't need a transcript. This isn't a court.

I am for the war in Iraq. I think it was fucked up.

Pres. Trump was a private citizen. He could have changing opinions. Also it was complicated.

You are just confirming that President Trump lied when he said he was always against the Iraq war.

Yes- he did change his opinion- yes he was a private citizen- neither of those are relevant to his lie that he was always against the Iraq War.
Not only does he lie about his position on the war but me mocks those who were for it
I told you so....when he really told nobody so

PoliticalChic, post: 17653325
I'm referring to the testimony that there were only 4 agencies in agreement. Not 17. That's why several news agencies AP and the NYT's made corrections to their stories that all 17 agencies were in agreement.

It was nothing more than a typo, corrected. The four agencies related to such counter-intelligence matters did sign off.

Bullshit it was a typo. Both put up corrections.

So to recap:

The NYT corrects its errors when pointed out.

Trump does not.

Meanwhile- 4 agencies- as part of the group of 17 agencies- did all come to the conclusion that Russia tried to hack our election.

Why is it okay with you that Russia tried to hack our election?

Not only does he lie about his position on the war but me mocks those who were for it
I told you so....when he really told nobody so

Trump definitely was not against the proposed US invasion of Iraq. His "I guess" is indifference and uncertainty but his statement to Stearn expressily leaned toward his favoring the idea of taking out Saddam.

Obama was opposed to the idea of invading Iraq prior to it taking place.

Yes Trump is lying when he says he opposed the war before it was started.

His answer to Stearn should have been No. invading Iraq would be stupid. Like Obama said.

More Trump lies

Feb. 16 “Walmart announced it will create 10,000 jobs in the United States just this year because of our various plans and initiatives.” (The jobs are a result of its investment plans announced in October 2016.)

March 4 “How low has President Obama gone to tap my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!” (There's no evidence of a wiretap.)

March 7 “122 vicious prisoners, released by the Obama Administration from Gitmo, have returned to the battlefield. Just another terrible decision!” (113 of them were released by President George W. Bush.)

March 20 “With just one negotiation on one set of airplanes, I saved the taxpayers of our country over $700 million.” (Much of the cost cuts were planned before Trump.)March 21 “To save taxpayer dollars, I’ve already begun negotiating better contracts for the federal government — saving over $700 million on just one set of airplanes of which there are many sets.” (Much of the cost cuts were planned before Trump.)

March 29 “Remember when the failing @nytimes apologized to its subscribers, right after the election, because their coverage was so wrong. Now worse!” (It didn't apologize.)

April 12 “The secretary general and I had a productive discussion about what more NATO can do in the fight against terrorism. I complained about that a long time ago and they made a change, and now they do fight terrorism.” (NATO has been engaged in counterterrorism efforts since the 1980s.)

April 18 “The fake media goes, ‘Donald Trump changed his stance on China.’ I haven’t changed my stance.” (He did.)

Yeah- this one is pretty amusing.

During Snowflakes campaign he repeatedly proclaimed how he would immediately declare China a 'currency manipulator'- that he would 'Direct the Treasury Secretary to label China a currency manipulator “from Day 1:”

Trump lied.

May 4 “Nobody cares about my tax return except for the reporters.” (Polls show most Americans do care.)

Trump lied.

May 12 “Again, the story that there was collusion between the Russians & Trump campaign was fabricated by Dems as an excuse for losing the election.” (The F.B.I. was investigating before the election.)

Trump lied.

Forum List

Back