In honor of Black History month

If the problem is actually fixed, the achievements and contributions of blacks can be recognized all year long, not just in February.

What does it hurt to acknowledge and celebrate black heritage? The problem is, most see only negative crap about blacks. Helped along by the stormfront racists that inhabit this place with their neverending threads. So I will ask again..WHO DOES IT HURT to show appreciation for blacks one month of the year? Yes, it could be all year long but that doesn't happen, does it? So once more...WHAT IS THE DAMAGE for having a Black History Month? Geez.

I've been on this thread since page 2. I asked a pretty simple question, why you didn't give me a simple answer is a mystery to me.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...or-of-black-history-month-29.html#post8542419

I didn't see any point in repeating Morgan Freeman's point when I provided the link to the video.

Well both Wallace and Freeman were wrong; there is a Jewish Heritage/History Month, it's in May.
Jewish American Heritage Month - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree that so-called "Black History" should be part of American history. The facts point out that the achievements and history of Black people in this country were confined to MLK Jr., Georg Washington Carve, maybe Booker T. Washington, and some blurb about slavery.

The so-called "Black experience", as well as the "Native America Indian experience" in this country is a pretty unique and unparallelled experience and their history as well as a achievements in this country should be showcased.

There is also an Asian American Heritage Month.

Congress passed a joint Congressional Resolution in 1978 to commemorate Asian/Pacific American Heritage Week during the first week of May.[2][3] This date was chosen because two important anniversaries occurred during this time: the arrival of the first Japanese immigrants in America on May 7, 1843 and the completion of the transcontinental railroad (by many Chinese laborers) on May 10, 1869.[4]

In 1990 Congress voted to expand it from a week to a month long celebration;[5][6] In May 1992, the month of May was permanently designated as “Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month.”[4][7][8]

Asian Pacific American Heritage Month - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not really...saw the thread I had unsubscribed to and wanted to see what had been posted lately and saw that...can't let lies continue to flourish this nations citizens are dumb enough as it is. Plus I use those links for my daughter who is being forced to learned about africoon americoon history this month. :) We already went over the MLK crap...google the beast as saint. She loved it.

Therein lies the ignorance. Every culture has their own achievements, has made their own contributions to society. The kind of pride you are describing is elitism, as if to elevate yourself above anyone that doesn't share your particular heritage. That's bigotry.

You won't find me arguing with you on that point. Not one bit.

Where do you see me downing another ethnicity because I celebrate my own? If I said Blacks were superior to whites then I would understand what you are talking about. I would be no better than the people that have hidden, omitted, and lied about history to justify themselves. Thats not elitism. Thats confidence.

So what's to be proud of? Somebody that you share a genetic similarity with accomplished something... you didn't do it. They did.

Hey, I'm proud to have two hands. So therefore, anybody else that accomplishes something that has two hands now feeds my own pride.

Makes total sense, doesn't it?

I'm proud I share a genetic likeness with those people. If you want to be proud you have two hands then thats your prerogative. It wouldn't bother me at all. It makes sense to me. Does that make sense to you?

I agree that so-called "Black History" should be part of American history. The facts point out that the achievements and history of Black people in this country were confined to MLK Jr., Georg Washington Carve, maybe Booker T. Washington, and some blurb about slavery.

Yes, and that is a problem that should be addressed head on, by demanding changes to curriculum, not making an excuse for such teaching to continue by setting aside one month of the year.

If the problem is actually fixed, the achievements and contributions of blacks can be recognized all year long, not just in February. How is that less desirable than having a single month for such recognition?!

That problem is being addressed head on. Changes are being made to the system. I still dont see what that has to do with having a month you focus primarily on Black people and their achievements to not only American history but of far more importance world history. Black people had the first civilizations thousands of years before anyone else. Not many people are even aware of that let alone what it was like. The first multi genius was a Black man but rarely do you find a person that even knows who he is. However, everyone knows who Einstein is. Why is that information not important enough to trot out once a year? More to the point why is it bothering anyone?

Hubert Harrison

Hubert Harrison was an immensely skilled writer, orator, educator, critic, and political activist who, more than any other political leader of his era, combined class consciousness and anti-white-supremacist race consciousness into a coherent political radicalism. Harrison's ideas profoundly influenced "New Negro" militants, including A. Philip Randolph and Marcus Garvey, and his synthesis of class and race issues is a key unifying link between the two great trends of the Black Liberation Movement: the labor- and civil-rights-based work of Martin Luther King Jr. and the race and nationalist platform associated with Malcolm X.

Harrison-hubert.jpg

Hubert Harrison

Hubert Harrison was an immensely skilled writer, orator, educator, critic, and political activist who, more than any other political leader of his era, combined class consciousness and anti-white-supremacist race consciousness into a coherent political radicalism. Harrison's ideas profoundly influenced "New Negro" militants, including A. Philip Randolph and Marcus Garvey, and his synthesis of class and race issues is a key unifying link between the two great trends of the Black Liberation Movement: the labor- and civil-rights-based work of Martin Luther King Jr. and the race and nationalist platform associated with Malcolm X.

Harrison-hubert.jpg

This guy's head is pretty bulbous. Fyi, Malcolm X was a terrorist.

Where do you see me downing another ethnicity because I celebrate my own? If I said Blacks were superior to whites then I would understand what you are talking about. I would be no better than the people that have hidden, omitted, and lied about history to justify themselves. Thats not elitism. Thats confidence.

So what's to be proud of? Somebody that you share a genetic similarity with accomplished something... you didn't do it. They did.

Hey, I'm proud to have two hands. So therefore, anybody else that accomplishes something that has two hands now feeds my own pride.

I'm proud I share a genetic likeness with those people. If you want to be proud you have two hands then thats your prerogative. It wouldn't bother me at all. It makes sense to me. Does that make sense to you?
Then the KKK isn't racist.

The KKK will tell you themselves they are racist, they pride themselves on it. You are the dumbest motherfucker on this site hands down.

The KKK will tell you themselves they are racist, they pride themselves on it. You are the dumbest motherfucker on this site hands down.

Blacks are just as racist as the KKK. BHM is race based, thus racist.

But the new boy ONION is making a run at the title.

Forum List

Back