In God We Trust

‘In God We Trust’ - the bills Christian nationalists hope will ‘protect religious freedom’

Christian hardliners on the religious right have introduced new bills to impose their values in at least six American states in the opening days of 2019.

The early legal moves have been tracked from Alaska to Florida as mostly Republican legislators make use of off-the-shelf ‘model bills’ generated by Christian nationalists in a playbook called Project Blitz.

So-called “In God We Trust” bills have already been introduced this year in Alaska, Kentucky, Missouri and South Carolina, which, if they became law, would see the phrase emblazoned on public buildings, hung in schools and displayed on public vehicles including police cars.

I thought that this sort of thing was "unamerican" ?

If Liberals have a real problem with Almighty God, they should really be concentrating on getting Him out of their own jurisdictions, instead of in God Fearing states like Kentucky or Missouri.

Why isn't the big cross in Golden Gate Park pounded into dust? Isn't that a "establishment of religion"?

And how about the name of the city- San Francisco? Don't libs know that "San" means "Saint" in a foreign language, a title given by the Church? Why don't the libs change the name of the town to "Mr. Frank", to eliminate this establishment of religion in their own realm?

‘In God We Trust’ - the bills Christian nationalists hope will ‘protect religious freedom’

Christian hardliners on the religious right have introduced new bills to impose their values in at least six American states in the opening days of 2019.

The early legal moves have been tracked from Alaska to Florida as mostly Republican legislators make use of off-the-shelf ‘model bills’ generated by Christian nationalists in a playbook called Project Blitz.

So-called “In God We Trust” bills have already been introduced this year in Alaska, Kentucky, Missouri and South Carolina, which, if they became law, would see the phrase emblazoned on public buildings, hung in schools and displayed on public vehicles including police cars.

Hypocrisy is a consistent component of americas history.

The only way to avoid hypocrisy is to shed any pretext of idealism.

There are many egregious failures of American idealism in our history. But, every once in a while, we live up to our own aspirations, even if only for a short time.

"protect religious freedom"

"Promote Christian beliefs."

If you are legislating support for a specific belief then you are directly opposing the tenet of religious freedom.

We are now much more secular that we have previously been throughout our history, but we've always favored Christianity over other religions.

Much the other way 'round DD, the religmo's have infiltrated their doctrine(s) over time...we have a history.....learn it

The WH is no more a benchmark than sodom and gomorrah would be, sorry...

Christianity is losing (or has lost) the battle on almost all social and moral fronts

Religion is inherently amoral, displacing it's followers from reason ,insisting on celestial law in a nation founded on natural law

The Christian supported missions there would welcome you.

as long as one cas be 'saved' , google faith based inititives, and get back to us on that....

Mirrors Shariah law"....amusing misconception that demonstrates an utter lack of knowledge of the matter.

it's an open intive for Shariah law

Short version, the SCOTUS sides with the religmo baker refusing to bake a gay cake in Colorado.

Justice Kennedy forwards a tie breaking dissertation of legaleese double speak, ending with warning the ruling should not be used as precedent

Idiot red state religmo's immediately legislate laws 'respecting an establishment of religion' for christian business owners wishing to foist their christian based biblical bullsh*t upon the public .

the gates of religmo h*ll are now open....

Stop me if any of you read a constitutional fuax paus here....

If you don't, you're obviously blinded just as badly as the folks wanting to pursue such an anti-constitutional doctrine

Because Muhummad kickin' your lily white christofascist azz outta his biz establishment yelling allahu akbar because you're not wearing a berka or taqiyah is right around the corner

~S~

Tommy is a complete idiot, because in his country the Queen is the head of the Church and all the bishops and priests work for her.

You do know it is on our paper money and has been since Ike days...

It first appeared on the two cent peace in 1868 and is on State Flags like Florida Flag...

If you need further edukation here is wikipedia for yew:

In God We Trust - Wikipedia

il_fullxfull.1019579819_5rxw.jpg

Religion is inherently amoral, displacing it's followers from reason ,insisting on celestial law in a nation founded on natural law
As long as you refer to it as "religion" and cannot distinguish amongst them, you are a blatant phony with no interest in knowing the truth. Work on that disordered ego of yours.

As long as you refer to it as "religion" and cannot distinguish amongst them, you are a blatant phony with no interest in knowing the truth. Work on that disordered ego of yours.

That making no distinction bothers you is rather telling jehanne, because the real truth is fundamentalism and it's followers are the nemisis of faith incarnate

~S~

the fool is the one who believes in Santa/god/UFOs/sky fairy

Soon enough, you'll stand before Him to be judged. You'll have the opportunity, then, to tell Him that he does not exist, and that those who believe in him are fools.

I'm not sure that He'll be terribly amused.
you people are sheeple/brainwashed/stupid
''give me money and you will be saved''/etc

It IS UNAmerican for REAL Americans.

Unfortunately most conservatives would go right along with this.

Soon enough, you'll stand before Him to be judged. You'll have the opportunity, then, to tell Him that he does not exist, and that those who believe in him are fools.

do you REALLY believe this stupid shit???!!
seriously??

A lot of people believe and all loving all caring God to return angry, smiteing smoting, etc etc Mr Harmonica. In fact they've plenty of revelation fire and bristome empowering their point......but here's the catch 22.....God claims 'vengance is mine'.....in other words those terrestrial fools that want to 'play God' should not.....despite their ever willing penchant to do exactly that
Angry-God.jpg

~S~

Wow. THAT'S IT?

do you REALLY believe this stupid shit???!!
seriously??

A lot of people believe and all loving all caring God to return angry, smiteing smoting, etc etc Mr Harmonica. In fact they've plenty of revelation fire and bristome empowering their point......but here's the catch 22.....God claims 'vengance is mine'.....in other words those terrestrial fools that want to 'play God' should not.....despite their ever willing penchant to do exactly that
Angry-God.jpg

~S~
just a couple of days ago I was thinking about making a thread on this topic

Forum List

Back