In God We Trust

‘In God We Trust’ - the bills Christian nationalists hope will ‘protect religious freedom’

Christian hardliners on the religious right have introduced new bills to impose their values in at least six American states in the opening days of 2019.

The early legal moves have been tracked from Alaska to Florida as mostly Republican legislators make use of off-the-shelf ‘model bills’ generated by Christian nationalists in a playbook called Project Blitz.

So-called “In God We Trust” bills have already been introduced this year in Alaska, Kentucky, Missouri and South Carolina, which, if they became law, would see the phrase emblazoned on public buildings, hung in schools and displayed on public vehicles including police cars.

I thought that this sort of thing was "unamerican" ?

Clearly it upsets the Allah crowd.

Still waiting for Tommy to dispute the fact that his own government and Iran's government are the only countries in the world that give religious leaders automatic seats.

Well?
Our FF's escaped a therocracy ,wanted NO part of it in the new world

Those that are subjugated to the construed morality of terrestial control freaks parroting celestial voices in their heads deserve their fate

when-fascism-comes-to-america-it-will-be-wrapped-in-6900546.png

Except it came in this form:

Shepard-GreaterThanFear-Flag-Hijab-1.jpg

‘In God We Trust’ - the bills Christian nationalists hope will ‘protect religious freedom’

Christian hardliners on the religious right have introduced new bills to impose their values in at least six American states in the opening days of 2019.

The early legal moves have been tracked from Alaska to Florida as mostly Republican legislators make use of off-the-shelf ‘model bills’ generated by Christian nationalists in a playbook called Project Blitz.

So-called “In God We Trust” bills have already been introduced this year in Alaska, Kentucky, Missouri and South Carolina, which, if they became law, would see the phrase emblazoned on public buildings, hung in schools and displayed on public vehicles including police cars.

Clearly it upsets the Allah crowd.

Liberals are brainwashed. You insult people for there beliefs. Who is being a racist now. Hypocrites (assholes) are all you are. I believe in God and Jesus and I pray to them. What liberal assholes think or say about my beliefs doesn’t matter because I don’t care about liberals and Democrats. All liberals will love it in Hell. You fit right in with the Devil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what you get for having wrong thoughts. Tards don't understand the First Amendment. British tards even less.

No libtards just want to walk all over the Amendments. Now your going to tell me that all of a sudden there’s no freedom of religion. Democrats are funny. Stupid without a stitch of common sense and the biggest whining hypocrite bitches in the world.

We are now much more secular that we have previously been throughout our history, but we've always favored Christianity over other religions.

Much the other way 'round DD, the religmo's have infiltrated their doctrine(s) over time...we have a history.....learn it

The WH is no more a benchmark than sodom and gomorrah would be, sorry...

Christianity is losing (or has lost) the battle on almost all social and moral fronts

Religion is inherently amoral, displacing it's followers from reason ,insisting on celestial law in a nation founded on natural law

The Christian supported missions there would welcome you.

as long as one cas be 'saved' , google faith based inititives, and get back to us on that....

Mirrors Shariah law"....amusing misconception that demonstrates an utter lack of knowledge of the matter.

it's an open intive for Shariah law

Short version, the SCOTUS sides with the religmo baker refusing to bake a gay cake in Colorado.

Justice Kennedy forwards a tie breaking dissertation of legaleese double speak, ending with warning the ruling should not be used as precedent

Idiot red state religmo's immediately legislate laws 'respecting an establishment of religion' for christian business owners wishing to foist their christian based biblical bullsh*t upon the public .

the gates of religmo h*ll are now open....

Stop me if any of you read a constitutional fuax paus here....

If you don't, you're obviously blinded just as badly as the folks wanting to pursue such an anti-constitutional doctrine

Because Muhummad kickin' your lily white christofascist azz outta his biz establishment yelling allahu akbar because you're not wearing a berka or taqiyah is right around the corner

~S~
They absolutely cannot see it.

We are now much more secular that we have previously been throughout our history, but we've always favored Christianity over other religions.

Much the other way 'round DD, the religmo's have infiltrated their doctrine(s) over time...we have a history.....learn it

The WH is no more a benchmark than sodom and gomorrah would be, sorry...

Christianity is losing (or has lost) the battle on almost all social and moral fronts

Religion is inherently amoral, displacing it's followers from reason ,insisting on celestial law in a nation founded on natural law

The Christian supported missions there would welcome you.

as long as one cas be 'saved' , google faith based inititives, and get back to us on that....

Mirrors Shariah law"....amusing misconception that demonstrates an utter lack of knowledge of the matter.

it's an open intive for Shariah law

Short version, the SCOTUS sides with the religmo baker refusing to bake a gay cake in Colorado.

Justice Kennedy forwards a tie breaking dissertation of legaleese double speak, ending with warning the ruling should not be used as precedent

Idiot red state religmo's immediately legislate laws 'respecting an establishment of religion' for christian business owners wishing to foist their christian based biblical bullsh*t upon the public .

the gates of religmo h*ll are now open....

Stop me if any of you read a constitutional fuax paus here....

If you don't, you're obviously blinded just as badly as the folks wanting to pursue such an anti-constitutional doctrine

Because Muhummad kickin' your lily white christofascist azz outta his biz establishment yelling allahu akbar because you're not wearing a berka or taqiyah is right around the corner

~S~
Na, not really

That's what you get for having wrong thoughts. Tards don't understand the First Amendment. British tards even less.

No libtards just want to walk all over the Amendments. Now your going to tell me that all of a sudden there’s no freedom of religion. Democrats are funny. Stupid without a stitch of common sense and the biggest whining hypocrite bitches in the world.

What do you mean that there is no freedom of religion? Everyone is entitled to his/her own personal beliefs or lack thereof. The problem here is that some sects want to abuse the power of government to plaster their particular beliefs all over public spaces. It's basically graffiti.

That's against the constitution.

The first Amendment very clearly prohibits this.

No.....in fact religion was a big part of our original colonies.....the UnAmerican part would be the evangelical atheism that is pushing against our Bill of Rights...

Did you know that the 13 colonies were a theocratical monarchy? These people allowed the christian church and a king to rule over them. They outlawed christmas and anything they didn't think was christian enough for them. They put people in stocks in the public square and burned women at the stake for being witches. It was a very bad time in the history of the 13 colonies.

Did you know that British colony isn't and never was the United States of America?

Americans fought a war to rid ourselves of the theocratic monarchy that was the 13 colonies.

You're confusing the United States with the British theocratical monarchy that we fought a war to rid ourselves of to form the United States of America. Here in the United States our government doesn't put one religion over another and everyone has religious freedom.

Since you obviously never read that Amendment and probably never read the constitution, I'll post that Amendment below. Notice the part about no laws can be created that respect or establish religion. Those states are violating that Amendment.

First Amendment Text. The first amendment reads: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

The 13 theocratical monarchy British 13 colonies haven't existed for over 200 years now.

Come into the 21st century.

When you go off on some stupid reply to my facts, I'm not going to read it so you're just raging at a person who usually scrolls right past your posts and doesn't waste her time with your stupidity. I only saw this one because some else replied to it so I read it and had to contribute honest facts to your garbage.

Before you make a fool of yourself and scream the pilgrims didn't outlaw christmas read the links below:

Christmas in Puritan New England - Wikipedia

https://www.history.com/news/when-massachusetts-banned-christmas

What does prayer have to do with legislation to legalize tagging public property and institutions with religious slogans?
It has to do with someone who feels he is being compelled to endorse Christianity when nothing could be further from the truth. Let's stop and consider how many states have put this dastardly plan to ram religion down people's throats
into effect....um, that would be no states at all!

Since lefties love to ridicule conservatives for being "pearl clutching over reactors" this thread proves how hypercritical they are.

What does prayer have to do with legislation to legalize tagging public property and institutions with religious slogans?
It has to do with someone who feels he is being compelled to endorse Christianity when nothing could be further from the truth. Let's stop and consider how many states have put this dastardly plan to ram religion down people's throats
into effect....um, that would be no states at all!

Since lefties love to ridicule conservatives for being "pearl clutching over reactors" this thread proves how hypercritical they are.

There is no reason for this legislation then. Why plaster slogans all over public buildings? Just what is the justification for this effort?
Incidentally. Some states have done so with regard to birth-control and abortion issues as well.

No.....in fact religion was a big part of our original colonies.....the UnAmerican part would be the evangelical atheism that is pushing against our Bill of Rights...

Did you know that the 13 colonies were a theocratical monarchy? These people allowed the christian church and a king to rule over them. They outlawed christmas and anything they didn't think was christian enough for them. They put people in stocks in the public square and burned women at the stake for being witches. It was a very bad time in the history of the 13 colonies.

Did you know that British colony isn't and never was the United States of America?

Americans fought a war to rid ourselves of the theocratic monarchy that was the 13 colonies.

You're confusing the United States with the British theocratical monarchy that we fought a war to rid ourselves of to form the United States of America. Here in the United States our government doesn't put one religion over another and everyone has religious freedom.

Since you obviously never read that Amendment and probably never read the constitution, I'll post that Amendment below. Notice the part about no laws can be created that respect or establish religion. Those states are violating that Amendment.

First Amendment Text. The first amendment reads: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

The 13 theocratical monarchy British 13 colonies haven't existed for over 200 years now.

When you go off on some stupid reply to my facts, I'm not going to read it so you're just raging at a person who usually scrolls right past your posts and doesn't waste her time with your stupidity. I only saw this one because some else replied to it so I read it and had to contribute honest facts to your garbage.

Before you make a fool of yourself and scream the pilgrims didn't outlaw christmas read the links below:

So basically these States are just "trying it on" ? Why havent they taken advice before wasting everyones time ?

So basically these States are just "trying it on" ? Why havent they taken advice before wasting everyones time ?

I don't know what you mean but they were British subjects who set up a British theocratical monarchy when they settled here.

We fought a war to end that theocratic monarchy and created a nation ruled by the people. Not a religion or king.

I'm sure you heard about it. I know it was in all the papers.

I don't know what you mean but they were British subjects who set up a British theocratical monarchy when they settled here.

We fought a war to end that theocratic monarchy and created a nation ruled by the people. Not a religion or king.

I'm sure you heard about it. I know it was in all the papers.
I am referring to the states trying to introduce these Un American laws now.

Forum List

Back