In Gawd We Trust LMAO!!!

Lately? Not many - but history sides with my argument.

The point is that religion should not be a factor in making the laws we live by. Either something is a good idea to the overwhelming majority (thou shall not steal comes to mind) or not. (Thou shall not have sex with humans of your same gender is a fine example.)

Morality, like love and hate, cannot and should not be legislated - only behavior.

Many of our laws come straight from the 10 commandments.

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'

SIX: 'You shall not murder.'

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.'

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.'

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'BE

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'

The first 3 commandments are for honoring God.

The 4th USED TO BE honored long ago. Years ago you wouldn't find ONE store open for business on a Sunday.

The 5th USED TO BE honored, until people started taking God out of everything. How many parents are honored today by their children?

The Sixth is part of our laws..it's against the law to murder.

The Seventh also part of our laws...adultry is a sin and also against the law.

The Eighth - also against the law.

The Ninth - people go to court and it's against the law to lie under oath.

The Tenth - is just plain not wanting what your neighbor has. You don't try to take what they own for yourself. In other words, you don't hate your neighbor because of what they have.

So are you saying we need to eliminate murder, stealing, adultry from our laws?

What the above shows us in that our secular laws conform with two of the ten commandments.

Eight of those ten commandments are not laws of this society.

Now I don't know any society )christian or otherwise) that doesn't outlaw murder or theft.

So there's nothing overtly CHRISTIAN about our legal system, because it is clearly NOT based on the Ten commandments.

lying under oath is against the law.
Adultery is some states is against the law
Stealing is against the law
Murder is against the law
Under common law cussing in some cities in public is against city ordnance

unless yours a democrat all the above doesn't count

It's one thing to be an atheist.

But why are you so anti-Christian?

What is threatening you so much that you spend so much time calling out religious people?

:eusa_pray:

It's not just Christianity - The Worship Industry is as politically motivated and as politically active as any PAC or special interest group and The Worship Industry pays no taxes.

It's unfair.

Get your God and your Bible out of my politics and I won't mention Christianity ever again - same goes for Allah, Mohammed and the Koran.

You should find a country and society that better suits you then. Bye!

Fuck you. America was created in an attempt to get religion out of politics. Stop trying to legislate morality and I'll leave the religion forum.

Where in the christian bible New Testament does it say to kill your enemy? Where do it say hate your enemy? How many Christians had a jihad lately?

The point is that religion should not be a factor in making the laws we live by. Either something is a good idea to the overwhelming majority (thou shall not steal comes to mind) or not. (Thou shall not have sex with humans of your same gender is a fine example.)

Morality, like love and hate, cannot and should not be legislated - only behavior.

God doesn't legislate how a person lives they live the way they choose to because that's what they want to do. I'm not a Christian but I do know that much about the Christian faith.

No, people legislate. And legislating morality, especially the morality of one faith over another will never work in America.

The thesis of this thread is America trying to define herself as a Christian Nation, complete with "In God We Trust" printed on the currency..... This is patently unfair to non Christians, even though for believers other than Christian, it's glossed over politically by using the more generic "God" rather than "In Jesus We Trust".

As someone whose personal beliefs about our origins, purpose and destiny are based more on modern knowledge and science rather than the popular ancient story books, I am offended by the trend.

What is threatening you so much that you spend so much time calling out religious people?

It's not just Christianity - The Worship Industry is as politically motivated and as politically active as any PAC or special interest group and The Worship Industry pays no taxes.

It's unfair.

Get your God and your Bible out of my politics and I won't mention Christianity ever again - same goes for Allah, Mohammed and the Koran.

You know I like you, Joe. We just don't see eye-eye when it comes to that invisible man in the sky.

But God or, more specifically, our Creator is mentioned by name in all of our founding documents.
All of our fundamental rights are given to us by this Creator. To take Him away would be to forfeit these rights, would it not??
Without G-d who provides us these rights? Our government? No thanks. I can't trust them to keep their collective dicks in their pants. Never mind anything of as much importance as my right to life.

Besides that, unless and until we remove humans from our political structure we are going to have them mentioning their respective God. As much as you and other non-believers may not like my God our congress can make NO LAW regarding the establishment of a religion OR my free exercise thereof.

God has never punished an evil-doer. That's what I believe.

I'll try to keep my belief in check and go with God has never punished an evil doer within the realm of modern history, and taken the credit for it.

God gives no rights - He has none to give. You can appeal your case to God until you die and unless you can afford a lawyer too, you're fucked.

You say you believe God cured her cancer / I believe it was her diet, doctor or dumb luck.

As I said in the post above, I have no problem with people believing differently than I, I just don't want to be reminded that I'm a weirdo every time I pull a twenty from my money clip or listen to another political speech end with "and God Bless The U S of A!"

Where in the christian bible New Testament does it say to kill your enemy? Where do it say hate your enemy? How many Christians had a jihad lately?

Many of our laws come straight from the 10 commandments.

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'

The first 3 commandments are for honoring God.

The 4th USED TO BE honored long ago. Years ago you wouldn't find ONE store open for business on a Sunday.

The 5th USED TO BE honored, until people started taking God out of everything. How many parents are honored today by their children?

The Sixth is part of our laws..it's against the law to murder.

The Seventh also part of our laws...adultry is a sin and also against the law.

The Eighth - also against the law.

The Ninth - people go to court and it's against the law to lie under oath.

The Tenth - is just plain not wanting what your neighbor has. You don't try to take what they own for yourself. In other words, you don't hate your neighbor because of what they have.

So are you saying we need to eliminate murder, stealing, adultry from our laws?

I never said throw out the law - especially laws that well over 75% of Americans agree are good rules to live by.

Stupid rules. I'll change gods whenever it pleases me and worship on my own terms - if God doesn't like it, I'm just one lightening bolt away from His justice. There is NO reason to waste earthly politics debating and defining who to worship and how to do it. Leave these where they belong: in the ancient story books.

:dunno: Does this one really need to be defined in The Laws of our Republic? It's not very enforceable - I call this one another waste of political time.

Number 7 is nobody's business as long as all the adults have valid photo ID and are consenting.

Number 10 is pretty much expounding on number 8.

3 out of 10 are keepers, 1 is a wash and 6 of those rules are harmful or irrelevant and should be discarded.

Am I free to worship as I choose to or not? :dunno:

It's unfair.

The Constitution guaranties freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.
Get your atheism out of my faith, and you have a deal.
Atheists on this board are 10 times as evangelical as the Christians.

This is a public forum where we are SUPPOSED to have this discussion. I will NEVER show up at your house of worship with anything but respect and I'll never support legislation designed to abridge your right or ability to worship.

I will however, continue to exercise my right to freely tell anyone who'll listen, what a colossal waste of time religion was for me.

This thread is about religious symbols and religious dogma showing up in legislation that ALL Americans have to live by. Prohibition is and was a fine example of the religious tail wagging the dog.

Jesus came to Deliver the Hope of Salvation. He had no interest in Politics. He focused on Individuals. Each of us, one by one. He did not seek to be appointed or elected to anything. He was not of this World, this is not his Kingdom. He gave us tools to better survive in Spirit, whatever the Powers here throw at us.

That just about sums it up game set and match.

Ass-U-Me-ing of course that you believe - hook, line and sinker - in the 2,000 - 6,000 year old stories that first brought this theory of creation and salvation to light.

If you rely on more modern methods and observations, you may find a hole or two in those original theories, but we need to give the ancients a little break here - technology, like politics, has improved on this planet in the last 2,000 years.

Remember, Alexander the Thug was just as certain of his Gods as you are of yours, and he proved his God and his successful worship to himself and to his time in history by successful conquest of peoples and development of their resources, by the Grace of his God.

So based on the primise that that the intersect between the TEN COMMANDMENTS and OUR EXISTING LAWS is the proof that we are a Judeo-Christian nation?

That means that we are AT BEST a 20% J-C nation, legalistically-speaking.

Laws telling people not to steal or murder aren't remotely unique to Christian societies.

Every society I can think of has such laws, at least as it pertains to members of theor own tribal members.

The pronoucement that "this is a Christian nation" is just one more example of the silliness that some of our fellow conservatives believe.

Last edited:
Fuck you. America was created in an attempt to get religion out of politics. .

Wrong. Fuck YOU. You got it all backasswards, douchebag.

You got a link, Unkotare?

I do: United States Bill of Rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On a side note, you are EASILY proven wrong on your "douchebag" comment - spelling notwithstanding. Douche bags are inanimate objects, completely lacking the necessary skills to type, obviously I am human.

Why do you have to toss personal insults? Is that some sort of hallmark of your religion? If it is, yours must be a very popular faith among folks on this board!

It's unfair.

You know I like you, Joe. We just don't see eye-eye when it comes to that invisible man in the sky.

But God or, more specifically, our Creator is mentioned by name in all of our founding documents.
All of our fundamental rights are given to us by this Creator. To take Him away would be to forfeit these rights, would it not??
Without G-d who provides us these rights? Our government? No thanks. I can't trust them to keep their collective dicks in their pants. Never mind anything of as much importance as my right to life.

Besides that, unless and until we remove humans from our political structure we are going to have them mentioning their respective God. As much as you and other non-believers may not like my God our congress can make NO LAW regarding the establishment of a religion OR my free exercise thereof.

I'll try to keep my belief in check and go with God has never punished an evil doer within the realm of modern history, and taken the credit for it.

God gives no rights - He has none to give. You can appeal your case to God until you die and unless you can afford a lawyer too, you're fucked.

You say you believe God cured her cancer / I believe it was her diet, doctor or dumb luck.

As I said in the post above, I have no problem with people believing differently than I, I just don't want to be reminded that I'm a weirdo every time I pull a twenty from my money clip or listen to another political speech end with "and God Bless The U S of A!"

Are you Creek?
:D

Are you Creek?
:D

Not sure... How do you mean?

, obviously I am human.!

You give yourself far more credit than you deserve.

That's just one mans opinion. The absolute BEST thing about America is that you can express your opinion of me and I can tell you how little I respect your opinion.

I love you Man, but you have to buy your own beer. This time.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back