In Gawd We Trust LMAO!!!

Why would it concern you so much what others believe or disbelieve? You clearly have a sizeable chip on your shoulder and an overdose of arrogance. You need to shake yourself out of lazy mode and get a job, or do you prefer being a douchebag!

I retired 18 years ago after 41 years with the same company. I'm not looking for a job.

So why the big chip on your shoulder? Small dick syndrome?

You know...when I was about 65 years old that thing began to shrink and now it only hangs about half way to my knee...and it's no bigger around than a beer can.

Last edited:
I retired 18 years ago after 41 years with the same company. I'm not looking for a job.

You know...when I was about 65 years old that thing began to shrink and now it only hangs about half way to my knee...and it's no bigger around than a beer can.

Aha! So that's it! a pound and a half of useless flacid flesh. No wonder you're so fucking grumpy!

Aha! So that's it! a pound and a half of useless flacid flesh. No wonder you're so fucking grumpy!

Oh but what I did during my younger days. I played piano and keyboards in a dozen different bands or combos from 1950 to about 1980. You know the old thing about the boys in the bands getting the girls? IT's TRUE

Oh but what I did during my younger days. I played piano and keyboards in a dozen different bands or combos from 1950 to about 1980. You know the old thing about the boys in the bands getting the girls? IT's TRUE

It's a good thing that you claim to have such a big dick as much as you like to blow your own horn

:eusa_liar:

It's a good thing that you claim to have such a big dick as much as you like to blow your own horn

aaaaaaaahh...you won't tell them the truth will you? Let's just keep it between you and me...no pun intended

Last edited:
In WHOSE god do we trust?

I trust in mine but I surely don't trust in theirs.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That's how the Republicans are going to create jobs. I was curious about their motivation.

"The House on Tuesday passed a non-binding resolution reaffirming 'In Gawd We Trust' as the national motto."

Let's see...in 1954 they added "Under Gawd" to our pledge and started putting "In Gawd We Trust" on our currency. The worship of ancient Gawds is alive and well.

If this is so offensive to you, just send me all of your money that has "In God we trust" on it. It doesn't offend me at all and a big part of the problem in this country is people like you that share your same attitude.

aaaaaaaahh...you won't tell them the truth will you? Let's just keep it between you and me...no pun intended

You're the one with your mouth wide open

:lol:

austin_powers_withthetwinscopy.jpg

That's how the Republicans are going to create jobs. I was curious about their motivation.

"The House on Tuesday passed a non-binding resolution reaffirming 'In Gawd We Trust' as the national motto."

Let's see...in 1954 they added "Under Gawd" to our pledge and started putting "In Gawd We Trust" on our currency. The worship of ancient Gawds is alive and well.

It’s sad that a great Nation such as ours is incapable of breaking away from the fear and ignorance of the past.

Placing such nonsense on coins does nothing but demonstrate our hypocrisy and ignorance to the world – as if we’re some primitive culture attempting to appease a vengeful deity by placing its name on money – pure idiocy.

It’s sad that a great Nation such as ours is incapable of breaking away from the fear and ignorance of the past.

Placing such nonsense on coins does nothing but demonstrate our hypocrisy and ignorance to the world – as if we’re some primitive culture attempting to appease a vengeful deity by placing its name on money – pure idiocy.

Bye! Good luck in whatever country you are moving to.

Why can't you post the moniker of the person to which post you are replying to?

You always post this way.

ok since I can't see who made that post I will respond to it in this post.

The motto "In God we trust was on money long before 1954

The motto IN GOD WE TRUST was placed on United States coins largely because of the increased religious sentiment existing during the Civil War. Secretary of the Treasury Salmon P. Chase received many appeals from devout persons throughout the country, urging that the United States recognize the Deity on United States coins. From Treasury Department records, it appears that the first such appeal came in a letter dated November 13, 1861. It was written to Secretary Chase by Rev. M. R. Watkinson, Minister of the Gospel from Ridleyville, Pennsylvania, and read:

History of 'In God We Trust'

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

I believe my Creator to be Mother Earth using the tools of Time, Evolution, Sex and Luck.

Does that make my rights any less unalienable or the truth of those rights any less self-evident?

I say no, it does not.

:beer: To Mom, Her smartest little bastards, and their quest for the stars!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HBON9hBDQo]Earth - A pale blue dot, your home in space HD - YouTube[/ame]

I believe my Creator to be Mother Earth using the tools of Time, Evolution, Sex and Luck.

Does that make my rights any less unalienable or the truth of those rights any less self-evident?

I say no, it does not.

:beer: To Mom, Her smartest little bastards, and their quest for the stars!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HBON9hBDQo]Earth - A pale blue dot, your home in space HD - YouTube[/ame]

So who or what created mother earth?

I'm surprised we haven't changed the national motto to:

In gold we trust

That would be a much more honest description of the god our system truly worships.​

It's one thing to be an atheist.

But why are you so anti-Christian?

What is threatening you so much that you spend so much time calling out religious people?

:eusa_pray:

It's not just Christianity - The Worship Industry is as politically motivated and as politically active as any PAC or special interest group and The Worship Industry pays no taxes.

It's unfair.

Get your God and your Bible out of my politics and I won't mention Christianity ever again - same goes for Allah, Mohammed and the Koran.

Here's where we disagree Joe, I most certainly pay taxes, I pay a lot of them. I'm also a Christian, as well as a member of many other social 'groups', so many things shape my values and beliefs, and I have every right to participate in politics and vote based on my morals and beliefs. So, unless you're specifically referring to clergy only, and not the body of Christians in this country as a whole, who certainly pay a lot of taxes, I really don't see how your point is a valid one? And incidentally, my pastor in my church has never once uttered political speech from the pulpit or in a sermon, our missionary money goes to help the homeless, the jobless, the hungry, the victimized, etc.. not to any political party or pac. So how are 'organized christians' who 'don't pay taxes' influencing the government exactly?

It's not just Christianity - The Worship Industry is as politically motivated and as politically active as any PAC or special interest group and The Worship Industry pays no taxes.

It's unfair.

Get your God and your Bible out of my politics and I won't mention Christianity ever again - same goes for Allah, Mohammed and the Koran.

Or you could learn to separate Dogma from the Lesson of Virtue and Value.

Why should it be up to me to learn anything about Christian Politics? Just keep The Bible out of politics and we're good here. Doesn't mean Christians can't vote their conscience.

Where is it in politics? I'm sure you as an atheist have values that you believe should be enforced by society through laws, so why is it any more valid for what you believe to be moral enforced via government force versus what I believe to be moral enforced via government force? Does it really matter where our separate values originated from? Just because your sense of right and wrong isn't related to a religion doesn't make them more valid than my values.

Same fucking problems - different fucking clique.

Where in the christian bible New Testament does it say to kill your enemy? Where do it say hate your enemy? How many Christians had a jihad lately?

Lately? Not many - but history sides with my argument.

The point is that religion should not be a factor in making the laws we live by. Either something is a good idea to the overwhelming majority (thou shall not steal comes to mind) or not. (Thou shall not have sex with humans of your same gender is a fine example.)

Morality, like love and hate, cannot and should not be legislated - only behavior.

But the only reason to legislate a behavior is because it is considered morally wrong, what would be the purpose otherwise?

Lately? Not many - but history sides with my argument.

The point is that religion should not be a factor in making the laws we live by. Either something is a good idea to the overwhelming majority (thou shall not steal comes to mind) or not. (Thou shall not have sex with humans of your same gender is a fine example.)

Morality, like love and hate, cannot and should not be legislated - only behavior.

God doesn't legislate how a person lives they live the way they choose to because that's what they want to do. I'm not a Christian but I do know that much about the Christian faith.

No, people legislate. And legislating morality, especially the morality of one faith over another will never work in America.

The thesis of this thread is America trying to define herself as a Christian Nation, complete with "In God We Trust" printed on the currency..... This is patently unfair to non Christians, even though for believers other than Christian, it's glossed over politically by using the more generic "God" rather than "In Jesus We Trust".

As someone whose personal beliefs about our origins, purpose and destiny are based more on modern knowledge and science rather than the popular ancient story books, I am offended by the trend.

Not to be harsh, but so what? I'm offended by a lot of things that are morally abhorent but are legal in this country, so get in line. Unfortunately we don't have a right to not be offended, and everyone's whims can't be accomodated. At least we each have the FREEDOM to speak out about what we think is wrong and try to change it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back