In Florida, Romney Takes Aim At Resurgent Gingrich [Calls Gingrich "Failed Leader"]

First Balanced Budgets in Years

The first balanced budget was 1993. Passed without a single Republican vote for it. It raised taxes on the rich, which later brought in revenues due to the dot com bubble, far exceeding the CBO's projections.

The Republican Party did not run Gingrich out of the speaker position because he was a raging success, folks. QED.

And no one but Newt later disgraced Newt to the point he had to quit.

He was a failure through and through.

In Florida, Romney Takes Aim At Resurgent Gingrich [Calls Gingrich "Failed Leader"]
Washington Post ^ | January 22, 2012 | Philip Rucker and Amy Gardner,

In Florida, Romney takes aim at resurgent Gingrich - The Washington Post
In Florida, Romney Takes Aim At Resurgent Gingrich

By Philip Rucker and Amy Gardner January 22

ORMOND BEACH, Fla. — Mitt Romney unleashed his harshest personal attack of the campaign on Newt Gingrich here Sunday, saying “it was proven that he was a failed leader” as the former governor pivoted sharply to regain his footing in the wake of Gingrich’s stunning resurgence over the weekend.

As the dramatically altered presidential campaign moved to Florida, Republican leaders braced for a long and potentially bitter nominating contest. After upending the campaign in South Carolina with a commanding victory, Gingrich moved quickly to capitalize on it. He launched an aggressive fundraising blitz — aides said his “money bomb” raised $1 million in eight hours — and hired new staff to help him compete with Romney as the contest moves to a much more expensive front.

Romney, meanwhile, tried to recast the race as a choice between two kinds of leaders. “We’re not choosing a talk show host,” Romney told an evening rally of more than 500 in Ormond Beach. “We’re choosing the person who should be the leader of the free world.”

“Speaker Gingrich has also been a leader,” Romney said. Then he brought up the ethics investigation into the former House speaker. “At the end of four years, it was proven that he was a failed leader, and he had to resign in disgrace. I don’t know whether you knew that. He actually resigned after four years in disgrace.”

Romney also sought correct his handling of his taxes, saying he would release his most recent returns on Tuesday and acknowledging his previous reluctance to do so was a “mistake.”

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...

He's right...Noot Gin Grinch IS a failed leader. He was ran out on a rail by his fellow Republicans in the 90s for his failures.

No he was ran out because he did not Bow to the Republican Establishment. Which is why they want to Destroy him now as well so their Puppet Romney can win.

They have been trying to destroy Newt Gingrich since he announced. You have FOX news several of them--Charles Krauthammer--Juan Williams--and Brit Hume--that are ALWAYS bashing Newt Gingrich.

It get's to where I cannot watch FOX anymore because of their blatant bias for Mitt Romney.

Sarah Palin is right. Watch the debates--TURN DOWN THE ELITE MEDIA talking heads--and use your heart and mind to make the decision. It looks like S. Carolina listened to her.

He was responsible for giving us the 1st republican majority in the house in 40 years--working with Bill Clinton to balance the federal budget for 4 years--and leaving us with a surplus budget.
:lol::lol::lol:

Were you even around back then? That shit is hilarious! You are just spewing Newt's spin.

Newt did not "work with Clinton". He attacked, resisted, and fought Clinton every waking moment of every day. He organized attack ads highlighing Clinton's sex scandal a week before the 98 elections. Pretty hot for a guy who just whined about his sexcapades being brought up the week of a primary, eh? He IMPEACHED Clinton!

That's his idea of "working with Clinton"? BWA-HA-HA-HA!!!!

As for the budget, the GOP and the Democrats and Clinton were able to accomplish those things despite Newt Gingrich.

Jesus, how stupid do you have to believe he was successful in light of his forced exit from the Speakership and his subsequent resignation?

"Hey, Newt, you've done such a good job helping us get good government that we fellow Republicans have decided to fire the fuck out of you, with extreme prejudice."

Last edited:
Newt did sweep a GOP majority into the house. Yep. And then he fucked everything up.

So now he swept the redneck vote in South Carolina. Big deal.

He will fuck up again. It's in his DNA.

It would be interesting to get Dole's take on Gingrich.

Bob Dole on Gingrich's temperament: 'Sometimes it's his way or the highway' - The Hill's Ballot Box

Former Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole said working with Newt Gingrich it's "sometimes his way or the highway."

Dole, who is backing Mitt Romney in the 2012 election, suggested Gingrich's personality has stayed much the same since his time in Washington: "Newt is Newt," he said.

These are statements from last December. Check this out:

Dole said he thought either Ron Paul or Rick Santorum, who are both polling near the top of the field in Iowa, could "pull off a win in Iowa." They've both been working hard in the state, he said.

Amazing call.

Bob Dole? Seriously?

Newt did sweep a GOP majority into the house. Yep. And then he fucked everything up.

Politicians who cannot keep their temper in check do not make for decent Presidents. And Newt is one of those. He behaves like a whining child. I dislike whining children.

Washington Post ^ | January 22, 2012 | Philip Rucker and Amy Gardner,

In Florida, Romney takes aim at resurgent Gingrich - The Washington Post
In Florida, Romney Takes Aim At Resurgent Gingrich

By Philip Rucker and Amy Gardner January 22

ORMOND BEACH, Fla. — Mitt Romney unleashed his harshest personal attack of the campaign on Newt Gingrich here Sunday, saying “it was proven that he was a failed leader” as the former governor pivoted sharply to regain his footing in the wake of Gingrich’s stunning resurgence over the weekend.

As the dramatically altered presidential campaign moved to Florida, Republican leaders braced for a long and potentially bitter nominating contest. After upending the campaign in South Carolina with a commanding victory, Gingrich moved quickly to capitalize on it. He launched an aggressive fundraising blitz — aides said his “money bomb” raised $1 million in eight hours — and hired new staff to help him compete with Romney as the contest moves to a much more expensive front.

Romney, meanwhile, tried to recast the race as a choice between two kinds of leaders. “We’re not choosing a talk show host,” Romney told an evening rally of more than 500 in Ormond Beach. “We’re choosing the person who should be the leader of the free world.”

“Speaker Gingrich has also been a leader,” Romney said. Then he brought up the ethics investigation into the former House speaker. “At the end of four years, it was proven that he was a failed leader, and he had to resign in disgrace. I don’t know whether you knew that. He actually resigned after four years in disgrace.”

Romney also sought correct his handling of his taxes, saying he would release his most recent returns on Tuesday and acknowledging his previous reluctance to do so was a “mistake.”

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...

He's right...Noot Gin Grinch IS a failed leader. He was ran out on a rail by his fellow Republicans in the 90s for his failures.

No he was ran out because he did not Bow to the Republican Establishment. Which is why they want to Destroy him now as well so their Puppet Romney can win.

What's amazing to witness, is he played nice in the sandbox until the bastards unleashed on him in Iowa.

Now Newt's fighting back. And he's pissed. And if I'm reading it right he's seriously pissed.

You bet he's got more on certain people than they can have on him. He's been vetted over and over and over ad nauseaum.

Newt and I do think I'm reading this right, has shit on people that they don't even know they did, lol.

I love this! :lol:

What's amazing to witness, is he played nice in the sandbox until the bastards unleashed on him in Iowa.

Now Newt's fighting back. And he's pissed. And if I'm reading it right he's seriously pissed.

You bet he's got more on certain people than they can have on him. He's been vetted over and over and over ad nauseaum.

Newt and I do think I'm reading this right, has shit on people that they don't even know they did, lol.

So, in other words, Newt will lie about his fellow Republicans in order to win the nomination.

And you 'love' it?

How odd. I had you down as 'rational human being'. Do I gotta move you to the 'stupid' list?

he IS the republican establishment. :rofl:

so is romney. but at least the people who worked with romney don't hate his guts for being an unethical, dishonest, nasty creep.

but no one is more establishment than newtie pie who took millions of dollars for the influence peddling he could do.

So, in other words, Newt will lie about his fellow Republicans in order to win the nomination.

And you 'love' it?

How odd. I had you down as 'rational human being'. Do I gotta move you to the 'stupid' list?

have you not read her posts? lol..

Politicians who cannot keep their temper in check do not make for decent Presidents. And Newt is one of those. He behaves like a whining child. I dislike whining children.

With all due respect, and I love most of your posts and most of your attitude, what you are watching now is not a man whining at a hog in a corner.

You are watching a full bay on.

There is a great difference. And what Newt is pulling is a full bay.:lol: God almighty I am watching it in the flesh.

And damn I'm loving it. I hunt with dogs called catahoulas. They never attack my prey. What they do is bay them up. I take care of the rest.

What Newt is doing and I just freaking love this is bay up Mitt.This is awesome. And I was a half Mitt half Newt kinda fan till this last round of shit from Romney's side. Has the stamp of Harry Reid all over it.

Newt's just in a bay up

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

And you 'love' it?

I talk in hunting terms and now I'm stupid.

Most interesting.

With all due respect, and I love most of your posts and most of your attitude, what you are watching now is not a man whining at a hog in a corner.

You are watching a full bay on.

There is a great difference. And what Newt is pulling is a full bay.:lol: God almighty I am watching it in the flesh.

And damn I'm loving it. I hunt with dogs called catahoulas. They never attack my prey. What they do is bay them up. I take care of the rest.

What Newt is doing and I just freaking love this is bay up Mitt.This is awesome. And I was a half Mitt half Newt kinda fan till this last round of shit from Romney's side. Has the stamp of Harry Reid all over it.

Newt's just in a bay up

With all due respect, do you want a blood bath or the Presidency?

Genuine question because I'm telling ya, if you want the Presidency, then you cannot put Newt Gingrich up against Obama. He will lose.

Romney bitchslapped Gingrich after Gingrich went after him... using the same bullshit that the left were using about him. Your version of reality is not based on actual reality.

The Republican Party did not run Gingrich out of the speaker position because he was a raging success, folks. QED.

And no one but Newt later disgraced Newt to the point he had to quit.

He was a failure through and through.

:trolls:

Still a long way to go folks.

Who knows who will get the GOP nom??

I sure don't but whoever it is will be getting my vote.

Barry needs to go before the country is so far down the tubes no one can pull it out.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Okey dokey.

I'd like to know how he got Clinton re elected versus the asswipes that put up Bob Dole you moron.

Wanna dance idiot?

Absolutely!

Two government shutdowns for which Gingrich was blamed by the public.

Highest negative ratings in the polls of all elected leaders.

Most of his Contract for America had failed to pass.

Clinton's approval rating fell significantly during the shutdown. According to media commentators, this indicated that the general public blamed the president for the government shutdown.[8] However, once it had ended his approval ratings rose to their highest since his election.

During the crisis, Gingrich made a complaint at a press breakfast that, during a flight to and from Yitzhak Rabin's funeral in Israel, Clinton had not taken the opportunity to talk about the budget and Gingrich had been directed to leave the plane via the rear door. The perception arose that the Republican stance on the budget was partly due to this "snub" by Clinton[9] and media coverage reflected this perception, including an editorial cartoon which showed Gingrich having a temper tantrum.[10] Opposing politicians used this opportunity to attack Gingrich's motives for the budget standoff.[11][12] Later, the polls suggested that the event damaged Gingrich politically[13] and he referred to his comments as the "single most avoidable mistake" as Speaker.[14]

The shutdown also influenced the 1996 presidential election. Bob Dole, the Senate Majority Leader, was running for president in 1996. Because of his need to campaign, Dole wanted to solve the budget crisis in January 1996 despite the willingness of other Republicans to continue the shutdown unless their demands were met. In particular, as Gingrich and Dole had been seen as potential rivals for the 1996 presidential nomination, they had a tense working relationship.[15][16] The shutdown has also been cited as having a role in Clinton's successful re-election in 1996.[16]
United States federal government shutdown of 1995 and 1996 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See, Gingrich's sabatoging a fellow Republican is not something new. He's an old hand at it.

STRIKE TWO!

It would be interesting to get Dole's take on Gingrich.
Here is Snooty Newtie's take on Dole.

"Bob Dole is the tax collector for the welfare state."
-- Newt Gingrich

he IS the republican establishment. :rofl:

so is romney. but at least the people who worked with romney don't hate his guts for being an unethical, dishonest, nasty creep.

but no one is more establishment than newtie pie who took millions of dollars for the influence peddling he could do.

Frankly, Romney is a unethical, dishonest, nasty creep as well. He's Mormon for heavens sake and will sell your soul for a dollar. Think Harry Reid raping the environment in Nevada and Arizona for his development properties.

Wait till I get to unload via Care2 over your dems.

I've got shit on people that you'll need to take immodium 4 times a day just to try to lift your ass off a toilet.

Forum List

Back