In Florida, Romney Takes Aim At Resurgent Gingrich [Calls Gingrich "Failed Leader"]

Genuine question because I'm telling ya, if you want the Presidency, then you cannot put Newt Gingrich up against Obama. He will lose.

Absolute horse shit. You appear to have some kind of misguided faith in obama, as if the American people are ready to belly up to a table full of another four years of his CRAP! I couldn't disagree with you more.

What's amazing to witness, is he played nice in the sandbox until the bastards unleashed on him in Iowa.

Now Newt's fighting back. And he's pissed. And if I'm reading it right he's seriously pissed.

You bet he's got more on certain people than they can have on him. He's been vetted over and over and over ad nauseaum.

Newt and I do think I'm reading this right, has shit on people that they don't even know they did, lol.

I love this! :lol:

So, in other words, Newt will lie about his fellow Republicans in order to win the nomination.

And you 'love' it?

How odd. I had you down as 'rational human being'. Do I gotta move you to the 'stupid' list?

I talk in hunting terms and now I'm stupid.

Most interesting.

As far as I am aware.... "Newt and I do think I'm reading this right, has shit on people that they don't even know they did, lol.... does not contain any 'hunting terms'.

What you said, is that Newt has created 'dirt' on people (because that's the only way he could have 'shit' on anyone that they don't know they did.... if it is untrue)... and you, by your own admission... 'love it'.

I don't. I dislike lies in politics. I'm kind of weird like that. I don't find it 'entertaining' to destroy someone with lies just so you 'win'. And... far more importantly.... Gingrich will get his ass handed to him on a plate in a GE against Obama. There is not one poll that suggests otherwise. Not one.

The problem as I see it is that you are soooo tanked on the primaries that you are losing sight of what is at stake. It's not about getting the nomination.... it's about putting someone forward as President of the United States. On what planet do you think Gingrich is that man?

He will not beat Obama.... and that's kind of the whole point of the primaries. Independents will not vote for him. You will lose. And you will deserve to lose.

Still a long way to go folks.

Who knows who will get the GOP nom??

I sure don't but whoever it is will be getting my vote.

Barry needs to go before the country is so far down the tubes no one can pull it out.

End of story.

Barry needs to go before the country is so far down the tubes no one can pull it out.

And I'm telling you that, if the GOP nominates Gingrich... you will lose the GE and the country loses. If you guys (the GOP) put Gingrich up against Obama - you will lose the independents... and without us, you do not win. Just the way it is.

And I'm telling you that, if the GOP nominates Gingrich... you will lose the GE and the country loses. If you guys (the GOP) put Gingrich up against Obama - you will lose the independents... and without us, you do not win. Just the way it is.

And I'm telling you you're wrong.

Now what?

Politicians who cannot keep their temper in check do not make for decent Presidents. And Newt is one of those. He behaves like a whining child. I dislike whining children.

With all due respect, and I love most of your posts and most of your attitude, what you are watching now is not a man whining at a hog in a corner.

You are watching a full bay on.

There is a great difference. And what Newt is pulling is a full bay.:lol: God almighty I am watching it in the flesh.

And damn I'm loving it. I hunt with dogs called catahoulas. They never attack my prey. What they do is bay them up. I take care of the rest.

What Newt is doing and I just freaking love this is bay up Mitt.This is awesome. And I was a half Mitt half Newt kinda fan till this last round of shit from Romney's side. Has the stamp of Harry Reid all over it.

Newt's just in a bay up

With all due respect, do you want a blood bath or the Presidency?

Genuine question because I'm telling ya, if you want the Presidency, then you cannot put Newt Gingrich up against Obama. He will lose.

Romney bitchslapped Gingrich after Gingrich went after him... using the same bullshit that the left were using about him. Your version of reality is not based on actual reality.

I thought you'd have the sense to check out a bay up.

And please by all means show me the sequence. Being a hunter helps me out in a day to day.

Romney's superpac went after Gingrich big time in Iowa. There is no gray area here. I think it was 45% were neg ads from Romney's team after Newt. This is not bullshit.

This is fact.

Even then I thought, okey dokey fair play. Newt's a fool for not fighting back.

But now that Newt is fighting back, if Mitt has to hold his balls with one hand because he's been another mother fucking declared winner like McCain or Dole, screw him.

I am sick and tired of the "declared winners". 12 delegates after New Hampshire and it's fucking over?

Give me a fucking break. Let's Rock it, Let's Roll it, I want to hear what Dr. Paul has to say. I want to hear what Santorum has to say.

It's not fucking over. THE BATTLE HAS JUST BEGUN.

And I'm telling you you're wrong.

Now what?

Give me just one legitimate poll that backs that up. Because I've yet to see Gingrich poll strongly against Obama. I have, on the other hand, seen plenty that show strong support for Romney.

The key to any GE is the independents. They always are - they were what put Obama in office and they will be what puts the next candidate in office.

Gingrich has too much baggage. He might debate ok... but you can only ride the 'MSM are liberal bitches' so long before it gets old - no matter how accurate it is.

Y'all wanna win or what?

With all due respect, and I love most of your posts and most of your attitude, what you are watching now is not a man whining at a hog in a corner.

You are watching a full bay on.

There is a great difference. And what Newt is pulling is a full bay.:lol: God almighty I am watching it in the flesh.

And damn I'm loving it. I hunt with dogs called catahoulas. They never attack my prey. What they do is bay them up. I take care of the rest.

What Newt is doing and I just freaking love this is bay up Mitt.This is awesome. And I was a half Mitt half Newt kinda fan till this last round of shit from Romney's side. Has the stamp of Harry Reid all over it.

Newt's just in a bay up

Romney bitchslapped Gingrich after Gingrich went after him... using the same bullshit that the left were using about him. Your version of reality is not based on actual reality.

And please by all means show me the sequence. Being a hunter helps me out in a day to day.

Romney's superpac went after Gingrich big time in Iowa. There is no gray area here. I think it was 45% were neg ads from Romney's team after Newt. This is not bullshit.

This is fact.

But now that Newt is fighting back, if Mitt has to hold his balls with one hand because he's been another mother fucking declared winner like McCain or Dole, screw him.

I am sick and tired of the "declared winners". 12 delegates after New Hampshire and it's fucking over?

Give me a fucking break. Let's Rock it, Let's Roll it, I want to hear what Dr. Paul has to say. I want to hear what Santorum has to say.

I find it very sad that the GOP think infighting is a 'battle'. Personally, I'd prefer you all to be a tad more rational... I dislike emotion based politics. It leads to bad choices, bad Presidents, bad policy and generally is crap for the country.

In truth, you're putting me off supporting the GOP at all. And I bet I'm not alone in that. And, again, without people like me, who owe no allegiance to your party... you cannot win.

On electability,

try thinking of it this way:

Obama could pull off a win by a. winning the states John Kerry won, and b. also winning Ohio.

Ask yourself, rationally, where could Gingrich stop Obama from doing a., and if he couldn't,

how could the schoolkid janitor guy win Ohio, where the anti-labor extremism of Governor Kasich has created such a backlash?

This is fact.

I find it very sad that the GOP think infighting is a 'battle'. Personally, I'd prefer you all to be a tad more rational... I dislike emotion based politics. It leads to bad choices, bad Presidents, bad policy and generally is crap for the country.

In truth, you're putting me off supporting the GOP at all. And I bet I'm not alone in that. And, again, without people like me, who owe no allegiance to your party... you cannot win.

I am a conservative.

Let's get this perfectly clear dear heart. I am a conservative. It took years up here and a lot of blood sweat and tears to push a conservative across the finish line to finally have the best government in the G8 or G20 because we are fucking sane as compared to other governments who love to sing "spend, spend, spend, spend, spend".

Look you guys are toast unless you can get a guy in like Newt who's going to go to Washington and kick ass.

I really did think and yes he has the qualifications for it, Mitt could do it.

But he's being puppiteered. Is that even a word or do I need another coffee lol?

Mitt's response is lethal to his coronation. And yes, I believe that's the Rockefeller deal.

Sad but true.

He will never earn this conservatives heart after what he just pulled.

First Balanced Budgets in Years

The first balanced budget was 1993. Passed without a single Republican vote for it. It raised taxes on the rich, which later brought in revenues due to the dot com bubble, far exceeding the CBO's projections.

That's not quite right. There were deficits, albeit steadily declining ones, after 1993.

But nonetheless, Newt's claims that he balanced the budgets in the nineties are comical.

This is fact.

I am a conservative.

Let's get this perfectly clear dear heart. I am a conservative. It took years up here and a lot of blood sweat and tears to push a conservative across the finish line to finally have the best government in the G8 or G20 because we are fucking sane as compared to other governments who love to sing "spend, spend, spend, spend, spend".

Look you guys are toast unless you can get a guy in like Newt who's going to go to Washington and kick ass.

But he's being puppiteered. Is that even a word or do I need another coffee lol?

Mitt's response is lethal to his coronation. And yes, I believe that's the Rockefeller deal.

Sad but true.

I know you're a conservative. So am I. Which is why I'm not gonna support Gingrich. If he's a conservative, I'm a rabid fucking left wing, Code Pink supporter. Got that? He. Is. Not. A. Conservative. He will say whatever you want him to say - to get elected. That's what is important to him. Power. Influence. He is a childish bully, prone to temper tantrums and hissy fits. His party don't like him. He's dishonest. He's amoral. He's corrupt. In other words.... he is a typical politician. He won't kick ass... you're letting your emotions rule your head.

The only reason I am supporting Mitt Romney is his understanding of business and economics. He is the only one in the field that has that background. And, having done my personal research on him, I find him acceptable as a nominee.

I think you're confusing the media reports with the man. I see nothing of the claims you make about Romney in him. I have seen it in the media, but I treat the media with the contempt that it has earned.

If Romney wants to discredit Gingrich, he will first have to stop hesitating, avoiding and stammering when he speaks.

I like Romney, I would vote for Romney if he were the nominee. He doesn't speak with decisive authority and Gingrich does. That was readily apparent during the debates.

On electability,

Obama could pull off a win by a. winning the states John Kerry won, and b. also winning Ohio.

Ask yourself, rationally, where could Gingrich stop Obama from doing a., and if he couldn't,

how could the schoolkid janitor guy win Ohio, where the anti-labor extremism of Governor Kasich has created such a backlash?

hehehe

You need "THE ROMNEY".

I come at politics from the Trudeau days and I was a major left winger at the time. You need "smersh".

The inside the beltway game being played at the moment, and I do really understand the likes of that evil bastard McCain or Dole or Sunnunnu , is the beltway is backing Romney so when he loses against Obama they can all go "see he couldn't be beaten our people were good but you just can't beat Obama"

This is how they think. Yes, crazy but what else is new?

On electability,

hehehe

You need "THE ROMNEY".

I come at politics from the Trudeau days and I was a major left winger at the time. You need "smersh".

The inside the beltway game being played at the moment, and I do really understand the likes of that evil bastard McCain or Dole or Sunnunnu , is the beltway is backing Romney so when he loses against Obama they can all go "see he couldn't be beaten our people were good but you just can't beat Obama"

This is how they think. Yes, crazy but what else is new?

That 'evil bastard' is a genuine war hero. I may disagree with the man on politics, but he earned the right to have some respect. I seriously dislike how people turn on someone just because you disagree with him.

That 'stupid' list looks to be gaining a new member.

In Florida, Romney Takes Aim At Resurgent Gingrich [Calls Gingrich "Failed Leader"]
Washington Post ^ | January 22, 2012 | Philip Rucker and Amy Gardner,

In Florida, Romney takes aim at resurgent Gingrich - The Washington Post
In Florida, Romney Takes Aim At Resurgent Gingrich

By Philip Rucker and Amy Gardner January 22

ORMOND BEACH, Fla. — Mitt Romney unleashed his harshest personal attack of the campaign on Newt Gingrich here Sunday, saying “it was proven that he was a failed leader” as the former governor pivoted sharply to regain his footing in the wake of Gingrich’s stunning resurgence over the weekend.

As the dramatically altered presidential campaign moved to Florida, Republican leaders braced for a long and potentially bitter nominating contest. After upending the campaign in South Carolina with a commanding victory, Gingrich moved quickly to capitalize on it. He launched an aggressive fundraising blitz — aides said his “money bomb” raised $1 million in eight hours — and hired new staff to help him compete with Romney as the contest moves to a much more expensive front.

Romney, meanwhile, tried to recast the race as a choice between two kinds of leaders. “We’re not choosing a talk show host,” Romney told an evening rally of more than 500 in Ormond Beach. “We’re choosing the person who should be the leader of the free world.”

“Speaker Gingrich has also been a leader,” Romney said. Then he brought up the ethics investigation into the former House speaker. “At the end of four years, it was proven that he was a failed leader, and he had to resign in disgrace. I don’t know whether you knew that. He actually resigned after four years in disgrace.”

Romney also sought correct his handling of his taxes, saying he would release his most recent returns on Tuesday and acknowledging his previous reluctance to do so was a “mistake.”

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...

Have you seen the video?

Romney sounds like a petulant child.

I can't find it yet, but when I do, I'll post it.

Well Cali your right about the Indi's.

The Indi's are the folks who put Barry into office and they are the folks who will vote him out of office in 2012.

BTW I'm and Indi and I sure as hell didn't vote for Barry in 2008 and I sure as hell aint' voting for him in 2012.

Can President Obama win re-election without the support of independents? – Cafferty File - CNN.com Blogs

No one wins the Presidency without the Independents. That's just how it is - and rightly so, in my opinion. I see very little evidence from either side that they alone can be trusted to run the country. :lol:

Yea, they (we?... I didn't vote for him in 08 and won't in 12)... put him in office but it is whether they'll vote him out if the choice is Gingrich that concerns me. I don't see it. The polls don't support it either.

Maybe the GOP just really does not want the office.

I am a conservative.

Sad but true.

I know you're a conservative. So am I. Which is why I'm not gonna support Gingrich. If he's a conservative, I'm a rabid fucking left wing, Code Pink supporter. Got that? He. Is. Not. A. Conservative. He will say whatever you want him to say - to get elected. That's what is important to him. Power. Influence. He is a childish bully, prone to temper tantrums and hissy fits. His party don't like him. He's dishonest. He's amoral. He's corrupt. In other words.... he is a typical politician. He won't kick ass... you're letting your emotions rule your head.

The only reason I am supporting Mitt Romney is his understanding of business and economics. He is the only one in the field that has that background. And, having done my personal research on him, I find him acceptable as a nominee.

I think you're confusing the media reports with the man. I see nothing of the claims you make about Romney in him. I have seen it in the media, but I treat the media with the contempt that it has earned.

Some people in his party don't like him. They are called RINOS:lol:

I lived Newt's years. He rocked the fucking boat. He rocked the world. He literally changed America. Contract with America. And Kudos to him.

Now I've been a Romney fan as well. His business acumen is stunning to say the least. Surely you have seen my posts defending him, but here is where the train leaves the rails.

He's the cookie cutter son of a man who thought his child should be President one day. You know like Gore Sr. and Gore Jr.

This is Mitt. And I'm pissed off about it. I genuinely like the man.

Well Cali your right about the Indi's.

The Indi's are the folks who put Barry into office and they are the folks who will vote him out of office in 2012.

BTW I'm and Indi and I sure as hell didn't vote for Barry in 2008 and I sure as hell aint' voting for him in 2012.

Can President Obama win re-election without the support of independents? – Cafferty File - CNN.com Blogs

No one wins the Presidency without the Independents. That's just how it is - and rightly so, in my opinion. I see very little evidence from either side that they alone can be trusted to run the country. :lol:

Yea, they (we?... I didn't vote for him in 08 and won't in 12)... put him in office but it is whether they'll vote him out if the choice is Gingrich that concerns me. I don't see it. The polls don't support it either.

Maybe the GOP just really does not want the office.

The Indi's put him in office in 2008 because everyone was sick to shit of Bush and the Reps and loads of them bought into Hope and Change.

They now know that the Dems aren't any better so I'm thinking the pendulum will swing back to the Reps. Thats how it always works.

Personally I think whoever the Reps nom will get elected. IMHO. That pendulum seems to swing the same way every time.

Forum List

Back