In Florida, Romney Takes Aim At Resurgent Gingrich [Calls Gingrich "Failed Leader"]

I will support either Mitt or Newt.

Either one of these guys have the know how to get this country going again.

Thats more than I can say for the current dimwitt in Chief.

Both parties keep "settling" and we end up with airheads like Bush and Obama. You keep voting for the lesser of two evils and you get progressively worse evils to choose from.

Now we have Mitt and Newt to choose from. If that is not evidence of what I say, nothing is.

Stop rewarding evil with your vote. Make the party earn it. People have died to make your vote worth something. Don't give it away so carelessly. Make these bastards work for it.

Spin and claptrap. That 'contract with America' thing was a joke... he knew it, the party knew it... the only ones who believed it were the rank and file.

He's a petty, vindictive, small minded, bully.... who thinks he is far more important than he is.

I see nothing about Mitt that gives me the impression of 'entitlement'. So his dad wanted him to be President? So what? Lots of parents inspire their children to aim for the stars. Mine do. I'll judge the man on his record, his ability, his ideas, and his character. That is as it should be.

I will support and vote for Romney. I will not support, nor will I vote for Gingrich. Your party - you make the call.... do you want to win or not?

Nice to know you think your vote will be the deciding vote.. That's an awesome ego you have there partner.

btw.. Gingrich is leading Romney in the Florida polls. Romney has spent ten million dollars in Florida. Gingrich hasn't spent a dime.

That's cool. I will agree to disagree on Newt. He just does not meet my standard for President.

In Florida, Romney Takes Aim At Resurgent Gingrich [Calls Gingrich "Failed Leader"]
Washington Post ^ | January 22, 2012 | Philip Rucker and Amy Gardner,

In Florida, Romney takes aim at resurgent Gingrich - The Washington Post
In Florida, Romney Takes Aim At Resurgent Gingrich

By Philip Rucker and Amy Gardner January 22

ORMOND BEACH, Fla. — Mitt Romney unleashed his harshest personal attack of the campaign on Newt Gingrich here Sunday, saying “it was proven that he was a failed leader” as the former governor pivoted sharply to regain his footing in the wake of Gingrich’s stunning resurgence over the weekend.

As the dramatically altered presidential campaign moved to Florida, Republican leaders braced for a long and potentially bitter nominating contest. After upending the campaign in South Carolina with a commanding victory, Gingrich moved quickly to capitalize on it. He launched an aggressive fundraising blitz — aides said his “money bomb” raised $1 million in eight hours — and hired new staff to help him compete with Romney as the contest moves to a much more expensive front.

Romney, meanwhile, tried to recast the race as a choice between two kinds of leaders. “We’re not choosing a talk show host,” Romney told an evening rally of more than 500 in Ormond Beach. “We’re choosing the person who should be the leader of the free world.”

“Speaker Gingrich has also been a leader,” Romney said. Then he brought up the ethics investigation into the former House speaker. “At the end of four years, it was proven that he was a failed leader, and he had to resign in disgrace. I don’t know whether you knew that. He actually resigned after four years in disgrace.”

Romney also sought correct his handling of his taxes, saying he would release his most recent returns on Tuesday and acknowledging his previous reluctance to do so was a “mistake.”

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...

Have you seen the video?

Romney sounds like a petulant child.

I can't find it yet, but when I do, I'll post it.

Found the video @ realclearpolitics:

This is the guy who can beat Obama? I don't think so.
I didn't see where he sounded like a petulant child. I don't plan on voting for him, but he makes an excellent point. Newt WAS a failed leader.

Both parties keep "settling" and we end up with airheads like Bush and Obama. You keep voting for the lesser of two evils and you get progressively worse evils to choose from.

Now we have Mitt and Newt to choose from. If that is not evidence of what I say, nothing is.

Stop rewarding evil with your vote. Make the party earn it. People have died to make your vote worth something. Don't give it away so carelessly. Make these bastards work for it.

Which is pretty much why I won't vote for Newt. I don't reward bad behavior. I just don't.

Not careless IMO and I fully appreciate that people have died to give me the right to vote. I never fortget that for one moment.

Either one of these guys has the know how to get America back to work. Thats what I'm looking at.

If either is the NOM then I will vote for him. You however, many do as you please.

So, tinydancer, I guess you are choking on the facts that Gingrich helped Clinton get re-elected and crashed the GOP on the rocks, eh? Trying to cover it up with tough guy hunter talk. Boy, you are so transparent it's pathetic.

Gingrich's methods when confronted with the facts about himself are to either whine about the liberal media if asked by a reporter, or whine about "the Establishment" if everyone is painfully reminded by his own party.

What you have on your hands is a man who fucked up the party badly, then went to work for Freddie Mac and helped fuck up the entire country.

That's the "experience" he brings to the table.

He IS the Establishment.

The truth will tree Newt, and it will bring him to the table as a greasy side dish.
hehehe

Bob Dole helped Clinton get re elected. No? BTW I know how this works. Landslide Annie up here being the best example of when a faux conservative makes a deal to allow this Lib year after year after year retain her seat so she wouldn't run anyone against him.

Joe Clark. God I hate him.

Tough guy hunter talk? I'm a woman. I do bow. And you? What's your draw weight kid? My other fave is percussion. Oh and I really do live in the middle of nowhere on the edge of a forest while you are typing in your mommy's basement.

Let's put all that aside. I am real. You are????

Newt I think is the only one to take on Hussein. It's not that I hate Romney. Not at all. I admire the man for his work and his service. Yeah I take shots at him in a political message board but suck it up.

I just don't think Mitt has the testicular fortitude to go against Axelrod.

Then you clearly know nothing about him.

But, your biggest issues with him appear to be his religion (and, frankly, give me an honest Mormon over some 'I found Jesus' coat like the one Gingrich wears when he needs to). And the fallacy that he 'lived in a castle'. Shows how ignorant you are about France - nothing more.

Stop digging while you are still ahead.

Come on. It's not his being a mormon vs newt being a new catholic. Hell's bells I grew up in the day in my Grade 10 history class having a spaz attack because I just found out the religion I was baptised into was Anglican and the freaking moron King started it so he could divorce his wives instead of beheading them.

Hello? Big fucking whoopsies that this is your religion? Needless to say, I was rightly pissed off.

Now to the chateau. I know he stayed there. It's not how the ones around him portrayed it.
It's like the Axelrod dufous personel attempting to portray Obama as a street kid in Jakarta

Why not just tell the truth?.

Spin and claptrap. That 'contract with America' thing was a joke... he knew it, the party knew it... the only ones who believed it were the rank and file.

He's a petty, vindictive, small minded, bully.... who thinks he is far more important than he is.

I see nothing about Mitt that gives me the impression of 'entitlement'. So his dad wanted him to be President? So what? Lots of parents inspire their children to aim for the stars. Mine do. I'll judge the man on his record, his ability, his ideas, and his character. That is as it should be.

I will support and vote for Romney. I will not support, nor will I vote for Gingrich. Your party - you make the call.... do you want to win or not?

Nice to know you think your vote will be the deciding vote.. That's an awesome ego you have there partner.

btw.. Gingrich is leading Romney in the Florida polls. Romney has spent ten million dollars in Florida. Gingrich hasn't spent a dime.

I'm going on the national polls of independent voters, hack.

To be honest, it would be ok with me if y'all nominate Gingrich. I can maintain my assertion that I don't vote for the GOP as standard.

Gingrich is ahead and hasn't spent a dime. Feather your independent nest with that. I'm glad you don't vote GOP.. People who want the GOP to be like demoncraps need to vote for demoncraps. hack.

Have you seen the video?

Romney sounds like a petulant child.

I can't find it yet, but when I do, I'll post it.

I didn't see where he sounded like a petulant child. I don't plan on voting for him, but he makes an excellent point. Newt WAS a failed leader.

Your right Ravi...he doesn't sound like a petulant child...

...he sounds like a totally scripted petulant child.

That's cool. I will agree to disagree on Newt. He just does not meet my standard for President.

Thats cool for you as well Cali.

If Newt ain't your guy then I can fully understand that.

Go with your gut my friend.

:lol: Yeah, right, because you say so.

So which part of what he said was not correct?

Did 88% of the GOP not vote against Gingrich?

Did he not have to resign having brought disgrace on the office of Speaker?

Is he not a failed leader?

Seems to me, that some of the die-hard GOPers just don't like an outsider telling the truth about your boy.

okeydokey all sanity aside....

We are going to be picking and championing a Newt or a Mitt for leader of the free world.

What's wrong with this picture?

ORMOND BEACH, Fla. — Mitt Romney unleashed his harshest personal attack of the campaign on Newt Gingrich here Sunday, saying “it was proven that he was a failed leader” as the former governor pivoted sharply to regain his footing in the wake of Gingrich’s stunning resurgence over the weekend.

As the dramatically altered presidential campaign moved to Florida, Republican leaders braced for a long and potentially bitter nominating contest. After upending the campaign in South Carolina with a commanding victory, Gingrich moved quickly to capitalize on it. He launched an aggressive fundraising blitz — aides said his “money bomb” raised $1 million in eight hours — and hired new staff to help him compete with Romney as the contest moves to a much more expensive front.

Romney, meanwhile, tried to recast the race as a choice between two kinds of leaders. “We’re not choosing a talk show host,” Romney told an evening rally of more than 500 in Ormond Beach. “We’re choosing the person who should be the leader of the free world.”

“Speaker Gingrich has also been a leader,” Romney said. Then he brought up the ethics investigation into the former House speaker. “At the end of four years, it was proven that he was a failed leader, and he had to resign in disgrace. I don’t know whether you knew that. He actually resigned after four years in disgrace.”

Romney also sought correct his handling of his taxes, saying he would release his most recent returns on Tuesday and acknowledging his previous reluctance to do so was a “mistake.”

I know Ormond inside and out. I pretty well grew up there. I've surfed every wave coming in.

If Romney is going to play on ethics, it's for sure a dem move. Shows his line of thinking. Fuck him now hard. Romney is deadto me.

i'm sure he'll cry himself to sleep

Thats cool for you as well Cali.

If Newt ain't your guy then I can fully understand that.

Go with your gut my friend.

Not 'gut', I do serious research on candidates. I've researched both Gingrich and Romney - as well as Santorum, and Paul. I'm a bit of an evidence obsessive. I like evidence to show me what the best option is. I'm like that with everything. It's a bit of a joke with my family...:lol:... But I find I make less bad judgements if I base my judgement on evidence. I'm not always right.... but at least, when I'm wrong, I can see where I went wrong.

I know Ormond inside and out. I pretty well grew up there. I've surfed every wave coming in.

If Romney is going to play on ethics, it's for sure a dem move. Shows his line of thinking. Fuck him now hard. Romney is deadto me.

But.... but.... but... I thought you wanted a 'blood bath.... a 'battle' I believe that's the word you used. To hell with how it makes your party look, to hell with how independent voters will see it.... you want a battle... well, if that's what you want... why the fuck are you bitching about what weapons Romney has in his armory? Don't like being attacked on ethics? Then pick fucking candidates who don't have a problem with ethical behavior.

Seems to me, that some of the die-hard GOPers just don't like an outsider telling the truth about your boy.

The fact that 88% of the GOP establishment, the John Boehners and Mitch McConnells, voted against him is not a bad thing.

That a guy like Gingrich was forced to resign, but the Pelosis and Boehners remain should tell you everything you need to know about that.

If you really did your research, you would know that Gingrich's ethics violation was total crap.

He taught a college course that espoused conservative ideals, and the ethics committee claimed that that violated tax exempt status.

The fact that 88% of the GOP establishment, the John Boehners and Mitch McConnells, voted against him is not a bad thing.

That a guy like Gingrich was forced to resign, but the Pelosis and Boehners remain should tell you everything you need to know about that.

If you really did your research, you would know that Gingrich's ethics violation was total crap.

He taught a college course that espoused conservative ideals, and the ethics committee claimed that that violated tax exempt status.

Hey, don't blame me for your party's fuck ups. It is what it is.

Just, please, don't lie about Gingrich... if you want to support him, fine... but don't bullshit the rest of us by claiming that man is in any way, shape or form a 'conservative'. He's as 'conservative' as he is Christian... when it suits his agenda.

Yes. It should tell you just how bad you have to be to be the only Speaker in history to be fined for ethics violations and lying to Congress. That is not an easy achievement.

Then why won't Gingrich allow the sealed records of the investigation be released if he is so innocent? Why did he plea bargain to a lesser charge and agree to be the first Speaker in history to be fined?

Like the man himself says, “If there’s anything in there that is going to help us lose the election, we should know it before the nomination.”

Let's put the ethics investigation of Newt up against Mitt's tax returns. Do a side by side comparison. :lol:

There were far more charges waiting to be used against him. He played it smart and plea bargained to keep the real mess hidden.

He should release those records if he is so squeaky clean.

His peers knew how slimy he was and they overwhelmingly rejected him. He better pray they don't get tired of his lies and start talking.

Last edited:

Hey, don't blame me for your party's fuck ups. It is what it is.

Just, please, don't lie about Gingrich... if you want to support him, fine... but don't bullshit the rest of us by claiming that man is in any way, shape or form a 'conservative'. He's as 'conservative' as he is Christian... when it suits his agenda.

I've said Gingrich was not a true conservative, but of the two frontrunners, he is by far the most conservative...so where does that leave Romney?

Forum List

Back