Clarence the Angel takes Newsom to Florida to show him what life would be like in California had he never been born.

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Clarence The Angel Takes Gavin Newsom To Florida To Show Him What California Would Look Like If He'd Never Been Born
U.S.·Dec 16, 2023 · BabylonBee.com
Click here to view this article with reduced ads.
Article Image

TAMPA, FL — Fresh off the case of George Bailey, Clarence the Angel embarked on a new mission over the weekend to show California Governor Gavin Newsom what California could be like if he'd never been born.
"I just picked him up and flew him over to Florida," Clarence explained. "Easiest job I've ever had."
Earlier in the day, residents had observed Newsom wandering the streets of San Francisco, muttering to himself about the futility of life. "I was supposed to be President! I was supposed to be the guy!" cried out Newsom. "Instead, I've spent my days toiling away in California -- and now, looking around at this crummy little state, what do I have to show for it? What has it all been for??"

It was then that Clarence the Angel descended to Gavin Newsom's side, arriving to visibly show Newsom the fruits of his life's work. "You're going to be given a great gift, Gavin - to see what California would look like if you had never been born!" exclaimed Clarence as they arrived in Florida. "Look at the unvarnished beauty of nature, walk the streets free of feces, see the livelihoods unruined, hear the laughter of children allowed to live! You see Gavin, each man's life touches so many other lives. See all the wonderful things that don't exist because of you? It really is a wonderful life here in Florida, isn't it?"
At publishing time, Newsom had reportedly taken the vision to heart, renewing his vow to become President so he could make Florida look just like California.

Clarence The Angel Takes Gavin Newsom To Florida To Show Him What California Would Look Like If He'd Never Been Born
Article Image

TAMPA, FL — Fresh off the case of George Bailey, Clarence the Angel embarked on a new mission over the weekend to show California Governor Gavin Newsom what California could be like if he'd never been born.
"I just picked him up and flew him over to Florida," Clarence explained. "Easiest job I've ever had."
Earlier in the day, residents had observed Newsom wandering the streets of San Francisco, muttering to himself about the futility of life. "I was supposed to be President! I was supposed to be the guy!" cried out Newsom. "Instead, I've spent my days toiling away in California -- and now, looking around at this crummy little state, what do I have to show for it? What has it all been for??"

It was then that Clarence the Angel descended to Gavin Newsom's side, arriving to visibly show Newsom the fruits of his life's work. "You're going to be given a great gift, Gavin - to see what California would look like if you had never been born!" exclaimed Clarence as they arrived in Florida. "Look at the unvarnished beauty of nature, walk the streets free of feces, see the livelihoods unruined, hear the laughter of children allowed to live! You see Gavin, each man's life touches so many other lives. See all the wonderful things that don't exist because of you? It really is a wonderful life here in Florida, isn't it?"
At publishing time, Newsom had reportedly taken the vision to heart, renewing his vow to become President so he could make Florida look just like California.
I wonder if Long Rod writes for the BB. He would be one of their most prolific writers.

I do have to give him credit for one truly extraordinary accomplishment.

He has single-handedly saved Jerry “Moonbeam” Brown from going down in history as the worse Governor that California has ever had.
Much like the Briben/Jimmuh Carter syndrome.... democrats wallow in failure, only the degree of failure is the variable.

My dad was stationed at Edwards AFB California in the late 1960's and loved it.

I do have to give him credit for one truly extraordinary accomplishment.
He has single-handedly saved Jerry “Moonbeam” Brown from going down in history as the worse Governor that California has ever had.
Gray Davis already did that. Newsom may beat Davis out though..

I wouldn't say that. Grayout Davis was certainly not one of our better Governors, but he wasn't nearly as bad as Moonbeam. And much of the damage to his image, I have to say, was not entirely fair. When California suffered a sudden, serious shortage of electrical power, he ended up being publicly blamed for it, even though that crisis was a culmination of decades of mismanagement and overregulation of the power industry, going back for decades before Davis took office. He just happened to be the Governor at the time that it all came to a head. We had rolling blackouts and brownouts, which came to be called, in his honor, “Grayouts”, and the term stuck to him as a nickname.

I was thinking, also, of the Mediterranean Fruit Fly outbreak of 1981, but that was under Moonbeam, nor Grayout.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that. Grayout Davis was certainly not one of our better Governors, but he wasn't nearly as bad as Moonbeam. And much of the damage to his image, I have to say, was not entirely fair. When California suffered a sudden, serious shortage of electrical power, he ended up being publicly blamed for it, even though that crisis was a culmination of decades of mismanagement and overregulation of the power industry, going back for decades before Davis took office. He just happened to be the Governor at the time that it all came to a head. We had rolling blackouts and brownouts, which came to be called, in his honor, “Grayouts”, and the term stuck to him as a nickname.
Yeah, I have to agree with you. Davis did get a raw deal from the CA democrats, but he was very weak and his own party let him down.

Article Image

To see the state ban dictionaries from schools...

To see the gop state leader rape a woman...

Last edited:

Article Image

I say fake news. Clarence has no wings in this story when he clearly had earned them at the end of the George Bailey story.

But my fear wouldn't be only for Florida. I think Newsom would do his damndest to make as much hellhole out of the whole country as he has much of California.

Forum List

Back