In Florida, Romney Takes Aim At Resurgent Gingrich [Calls Gingrich "Failed Leader"]

I am a conservative.

Let's get this perfectly clear dear heart. I am a conservative. It took years up here and a lot of blood sweat and tears to push a conservative across the finish line to finally have the best government in the G8 or G20 because we are fucking sane as compared to other governments who love to sing "spend, spend, spend, spend, spend".

Look you guys are toast unless you can get a guy in like Newt who's going to go to Washington and kick ass.

I really did think and yes he has the qualifications for it, Mitt could do it.

But he's being puppiteered. Is that even a word or do I need another coffee lol?

Mitt's response is lethal to his coronation. And yes, I believe that's the Rockefeller deal.

Sad but true.

He will never earn this conservatives heart after what he just pulled.

I know you're a conservative. So am I. Which is why I'm not gonna support Gingrich. If he's a conservative, I'm a rabid fucking left wing, Code Pink supporter. Got that? He. Is. Not. A. Conservative. He will say whatever you want him to say - to get elected. That's what is important to him. Power. Influence. He is a childish bully, prone to temper tantrums and hissy fits. His party don't like him. He's dishonest. He's amoral. He's corrupt. In other words.... he is a typical politician. He won't kick ass... you're letting your emotions rule your head.

The only reason I am supporting Mitt Romney is his understanding of business and economics. He is the only one in the field that has that background. And, having done my personal research on him, I find him acceptable as a nominee.

I think you're confusing the media reports with the man. I see nothing of the claims you make about Romney in him. I have seen it in the media, but I treat the media with the contempt that it has earned.

Some people in his party don't like him. They are called RINOS:lol:

I lived Newt's years. He rocked the fucking boat. He rocked the world. He literally changed America. Contract with America. And Kudos to him.

Now I've been a Romney fan as well. His business acumen is stunning to say the least. Surely you have seen my posts defending him, but here is where the train leaves the rails.

He's the cookie cutter son of a man who thought his child should be President one day. You know like Gore Sr. and Gore Jr.

This is Mitt. And I'm pissed off about it. I genuinely like the man.

Spin and claptrap. That 'contract with America' thing was a joke... he knew it, the party knew it... the only ones who believed it were the rank and file.

He's a petty, vindictive, small minded, bully.... who thinks he is far more important than he is.

I see nothing about Mitt that gives me the impression of 'entitlement'. So his dad wanted him to be President? So what? Lots of parents inspire their children to aim for the stars. Mine do. I'll judge the man on his record, his ability, his ideas, and his character. That is as it should be.

I will support and vote for Romney. I will not support, nor will I vote for Gingrich. Your party - you make the call.... do you want to win or not?

Well Cali your right about the Indi's.

The Indi's are the folks who put Barry into office and they are the folks who will vote him out of office in 2012.

BTW I'm and Indi and I sure as hell didn't vote for Barry in 2008 and I sure as hell aint' voting for him in 2012.

Can President Obama win re-election without the support of independents? – Cafferty File - CNN.com Blogs

No one wins the Presidency without the Independents. That's just how it is - and rightly so, in my opinion. I see very little evidence from either side that they alone can be trusted to run the country. :lol:

Yea, they (we?... I didn't vote for him in 08 and won't in 12)... put him in office but it is whether they'll vote him out if the choice is Gingrich that concerns me. I don't see it. The polls don't support it either.

Maybe the GOP just really does not want the office.

If you are a left winger these days, the new game is to register as an Independent.

Now I love and adore true Independents, but this new game is too funny and so easy to peg off.

Oh cripes I wish I could do this with the appropriate accent:lol:

Rush I'm not keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeding you, I have been an eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeediipent my whole life.

Rush I even voted for treeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeky deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeky. No guff.

But I can't take it anymore. I have to vote for Obama. He's the only choice I have.

:lol::lol::lol::eusa_angel::lol::lol::lol:

Well Cali your right about the Indi's.

The Indi's are the folks who put Barry into office and they are the folks who will vote him out of office in 2012.

BTW I'm and Indi and I sure as hell didn't vote for Barry in 2008 and I sure as hell aint' voting for him in 2012.

Can President Obama win re-election without the support of independents? – Cafferty File - CNN.com Blogs

No one wins the Presidency without the Independents. That's just how it is - and rightly so, in my opinion. I see very little evidence from either side that they alone can be trusted to run the country. :lol:

Yea, they (we?... I didn't vote for him in 08 and won't in 12)... put him in office but it is whether they'll vote him out if the choice is Gingrich that concerns me. I don't see it. The polls don't support it either.

If you are a left winger these days, the new game is to register as an Independent.

Now I love and adore true Independents, but this new game is too funny and so easy to peg off.

Rush I'm not keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeding you, I have been an eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeediipent my whole life.

Rush I even voted for treeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeky deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeky. No guff.

But I can't take it anymore. I have to vote for Obama. He's the only choice I have.

Now you're become an incarnation of TeaPartySamuri.

We're done. You lost.

Now you're become an incarnation of TeaPartySamuri.

We're done. You lost.

How so? Not a Newt fan and this indie will be damn if he votes for romney. The man will not stand on principle. But that seems OK for you.

So, tinydancer, I guess you are choking on the facts that Gingrich helped Clinton get re-elected and crashed the GOP on the rocks, eh? Trying to cover it up with tough guy hunter talk. Boy, you are so transparent it's pathetic.

Gingrich's methods when confronted with the facts about himself are to either whine about the liberal media if asked by a reporter, or whine about "the Establishment" if everyone is painfully reminded by his own party.

What you have on your hands is a man who fucked up the party badly, then went to work for Freddie Mac and helped fuck up the entire country.

That's the "experience" he brings to the table.

He IS the Establishment.

The truth will tree Newt, and it will bring him to the table as a greasy side dish.

Last edited:
Romney is making a terrible mistake by concentrating on the politics of personal destruction. Even if everything he says is absolutely true, no one cares. It's the anger stupid. Ronald Reagan won office on a spirit of optimism. Gingrich has tapped into defiance and rebellion. The people are not in the mood to be optimistic. As the Romney attack ads spread out over Florida, Gingrich has risen by 9 points. The attack ads worked, one time. In Iowa. By Florida the voters are already innoculated.

I know you're a conservative. So am I. Which is why I'm not gonna support Gingrich. If he's a conservative, I'm a rabid fucking left wing, Code Pink supporter. Got that? He. Is. Not. A. Conservative. He will say whatever you want him to say - to get elected. That's what is important to him. Power. Influence. He is a childish bully, prone to temper tantrums and hissy fits. His party don't like him. He's dishonest. He's amoral. He's corrupt. In other words.... he is a typical politician. He won't kick ass... you're letting your emotions rule your head.

The only reason I am supporting Mitt Romney is his understanding of business and economics. He is the only one in the field that has that background. And, having done my personal research on him, I find him acceptable as a nominee.

I think you're confusing the media reports with the man. I see nothing of the claims you make about Romney in him. I have seen it in the media, but I treat the media with the contempt that it has earned.

I lived Newt's years. He rocked the fucking boat. He rocked the world. He literally changed America. Contract with America. And Kudos to him.

Now I've been a Romney fan as well. His business acumen is stunning to say the least. Surely you have seen my posts defending him, but here is where the train leaves the rails.

He's the cookie cutter son of a man who thought his child should be President one day. You know like Gore Sr. and Gore Jr.

Spin and claptrap. That 'contract with America' thing was a joke... he knew it, the party knew it... the only ones who believed it were the rank and file.

He's a petty, vindictive, small minded, bully.... who thinks he is far more important than he is.

I see nothing about Mitt that gives me the impression of 'entitlement'. So his dad wanted him to be President? So what? Lots of parents inspire their children to aim for the stars. Mine do. I'll judge the man on his record, his ability, his ideas, and his character. That is as it should be.

I will support and vote for Romney. I will not support, nor will I vote for Gingrich. Your party - you make the call.... do you want to win or not?

You never saw anything with 'entitlement" with Mitt. Remember the wonderful story about Mitt doing missionary work in France? Where by day he would preach to others but he was living in a castle? And I do know and love a batch of LDS members. I don't think I could ever have made it thru part of my life if it wasn't for a couple called Brooke and Brenda.
My game is very simple. Hold the House and take the Senate. And fuck the President.

Real people, real time and I couldn't give a rats ass if Bam Bam ever went back on Jay Leno again.

He's Mormon for heavens sake

I had a feeling you were a bigot. Looks like that feeling was right.

Yeah. The people would rather elect a God-fearing serial adulterer who behaves like a complete hypocrite, right? They don't want some asshole who has been married to the same woman for 42 years and raised five children.

You are like a stand-up comedian!

^^^Officially Nominated "Post of the Day". :clap2:

You never saw anything with 'entitlement" with Mitt. Remember the wonderful story about Mitt doing missionary work in France? Where by day he would preach to others but he was living in a castle? And I do know and love a batch of LDS members. I don't think I could ever have made it thru part of my life if it wasn't for a couple called Brooke and Brenda.
My game is very simple. Hold the House and take the Senate. And fuck the President.

Real people, real time and I couldn't give a rats ass if Bam Bam ever went back on Jay Leno again.

Well TD I will vote for either Mitt or Newt, whichever one gets the nom. I think it will be down to those two at the end.

I will also hope that the GOP takes the Senate and hangs onto the House.

The pendulum swung for the Dems in 2008. In MHO it will swing back to the Reps in 2012.

Thats just the way it works.

He lived in a chateau. If you knew jack shit about France, you would know that there are thousands of chateaux all over the place. I've stayed in several. Does that mean I am 'entitled' to the Presidency? Do you have any idea how silly you sound?

*The translation of 'chateau' to castle is disingenuous really. It's a close proximity - by an American description but not literally true.

Stupid girl.

My impression here is that you resent a self-made multi-millionaire... that's not very 'conservative' of you. Or is it his religion that really pisses you off?

So, tinydancer, I guess you are choking on the facts that Gingrich helped Clinton get re-elected and crashed the GOP on the rocks, eh? Trying to cover it up with tough guy hunter talk. Boy, you are so transparent it's pathetic.

Gingrich's methods when confronted with the facts about himself are to either whine about the liberal media if asked by a reporter, or whine about "the Establishment" if everyone is painfully reminded by his own party.

What you have on your hands is a man who fucked up the party badly, then went to work for Freddie Mac and helped fuck up the entire country.

He IS the Establishment.

The truth will tree Newt, and it will bring him to the table as a greasy side dish.
hehehe

Bob Dole helped Clinton get re elected. No? BTW I know how this works. Landslide Annie up here being the best example of when a faux conservative makes a deal to allow this Lib year after year after year retain her seat so she wouldn't run anyone against him.

Joe Clark. God I hate him.

Tough guy hunter talk? I'm a woman. I do bow. And you? What's your draw weight kid? My other fave is percussion. Oh and I really do live in the middle of nowhere on the edge of a forest while you are typing in your mommy's basement.

Let's put all that aside. I am real. You are????

Newt I think is the only one to take on Hussein. It's not that I hate Romney. Not at all. I admire the man for his work and his service. Yeah I take shots at him in a political message board but suck it up.

I just don't think Mitt has the testicular fortitude to go against Axelrod.

Are you a schizophrenic? You bounce back between liking Romeny and Mormons and hating them.
originally posted by the idiot
Frankly, Romney is a unethical, dishonest, nasty creep as well. He's Mormon for heavens sake and will sell your soul for a dollar

You can't even vote, lol....keep your poison out of my country, bitch.

He IS the Establishment.

hehehe

Bob Dole helped Clinton get re elected. No? BTW I know how this works. Landslide Annie up here being the best example of when a faux conservative makes a deal to allow this Lib year after year after year retain her seat so she wouldn't run anyone against him.

Joe Clark. God I hate him.

Tough guy hunter talk? I'm a woman. I do bow. And you? What's your draw weight kid? My other fave is percussion. Oh and I really do live in the middle of nowhere on the edge of a forest while you are typing in your mommy's basement.

Let's put all that aside. I am real. You are????

Newt I think is the only one to take on Hussein. It's not that I hate Romney. Not at all. I admire the man for his work and his service. Yeah I take shots at him in a political message board but suck it up.

I just don't think Mitt has the testicular fortitude to go against Axelrod.

Then you clearly know nothing about him.

But, your biggest issues with him appear to be his religion (and, frankly, give me an honest Mormon over some 'I found Jesus' coat like the one Gingrich wears when he needs to). And the fallacy that he 'lived in a castle'. Shows how ignorant you are about France - nothing more.

He lived in a chateau. If you knew jack shit about France, you would know that there are thousands of chateaux all over the place. I've stayed in several. Does that mean I am 'entitled' to the Presidency? Do you have any idea how silly you sound?

*The translation of 'chateau' to castle is disingenuous really. It's a close proximity - by an American description but not literally true.

Stupid girl.

My impression here is that you resent a self-made multi-millionaire... that's not very 'conservative' of you. Or is it his religion that really pisses you off?

I admire Mitt. Haven't you read all my posts where I am defending him because he makes decisions based on who elected him?

I've pointed out over and over and over that he was the Governor of all the people. Not just conservatives.

Now to Mormonism. I for the life of me can't figure it out that they think Christ was rocking at sometime on the prairies and they were into polygamy. Well that part from the male elders I can get a grip on :lol:

My concern with Mitt lies only in his establishment roots. Oh and btw his dad was an awesome governor.

Oh and regards to France, I am completely bilingual. I'm a canuck after all.

We live and die en francais.

Nice to know you think your vote will be the deciding vote.. That's an awesome ego you have there partner.

btw.. Gingrich is leading Romney in the Florida polls. Romney has spent ten million dollars in Florida. Gingrich hasn't spent a dime.

Nice to know you think your vote will be the deciding vote.. That's an awesome ego you have there partner.

btw.. Gingrich is leading Romney in the Florida polls. Romney has spent ten million dollars in Florida. Gingrich hasn't spent a dime.

I will support either Mitt or Newt.

Either one of these guys have the know how to get this country going again.

Thats more than I can say for the current dimwitt in Chief.

I'm going on the national polls of independent voters, hack.

To be honest, it would be ok with me if y'all nominate Gingrich. I can maintain my assertion that I don't vote for the GOP as standard.

In Florida, Romney Takes Aim At Resurgent Gingrich [Calls Gingrich "Failed Leader"]
Washington Post ^ | January 22, 2012 | Philip Rucker and Amy Gardner,

In Florida, Romney takes aim at resurgent Gingrich - The Washington Post
In Florida, Romney Takes Aim At Resurgent Gingrich

By Philip Rucker and Amy Gardner January 22

ORMOND BEACH, Fla. — Mitt Romney unleashed his harshest personal attack of the campaign on Newt Gingrich here Sunday, saying “it was proven that he was a failed leader” as the former governor pivoted sharply to regain his footing in the wake of Gingrich’s stunning resurgence over the weekend.

As the dramatically altered presidential campaign moved to Florida, Republican leaders braced for a long and potentially bitter nominating contest. After upending the campaign in South Carolina with a commanding victory, Gingrich moved quickly to capitalize on it. He launched an aggressive fundraising blitz — aides said his “money bomb” raised $1 million in eight hours — and hired new staff to help him compete with Romney as the contest moves to a much more expensive front.

Romney, meanwhile, tried to recast the race as a choice between two kinds of leaders. “We’re not choosing a talk show host,” Romney told an evening rally of more than 500 in Ormond Beach. “We’re choosing the person who should be the leader of the free world.”

“Speaker Gingrich has also been a leader,” Romney said. Then he brought up the ethics investigation into the former House speaker. “At the end of four years, it was proven that he was a failed leader, and he had to resign in disgrace. I don’t know whether you knew that. He actually resigned after four years in disgrace.”

Romney also sought correct his handling of his taxes, saying he would release his most recent returns on Tuesday and acknowledging his previous reluctance to do so was a “mistake.”

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...

Have you seen the video?

Romney sounds like a petulant child.

I can't find it yet, but when I do, I'll post it.

Found the video @ realclearpolitics:

This is the guy who can beat Obama? I don't think so.

Forum List

Back