Impossible to relocate iPhone production to the US?

I prefer my iPhone

• More expensive but made in U.S.A.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Cheaper but made overseas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Making America great again is not an easy job. But keep in mind that America did not become strong by importing cheap Asian goods.
Yeah America has never ever used cheap or slave labor :rolleyes:

Btw I think you'll be shocked to find out how our railroads were built.
I even know who built the White House. But times have changed. Smartphones are a mass product. Mass products require people who can afford it. That was not the case back then.
So you want nobody to be able to afford an iPhone. Meaning you want the iPhone dead and its jobs gone.

So you want slave labor from foreigners so you can get cheap products.
Go ask them what they think about you wanting to take their jobs away

I'm concerned about American jobs and our economy. You want cheap products.

Yeah America has never ever used cheap or slave labor :rolleyes:

Btw I think you'll be shocked to find out how our railroads were built.
I even know who built the White House. But times have changed. Smartphones are a mass product. Mass products require people who can afford it. That was not the case back then.
So you want nobody to be able to afford an iPhone. Meaning you want the iPhone dead and its jobs gone.

You may be concerned, but you also have no idea how to bring any jobs back.

And neither do you. Lol. What is your expertise on the topic? You probably just sit around smoking pot all day!

too bad at $700 Iphone is not cheap even with foreign labor. Do you understand. IF made here it would be $1000 and far fewer could afford to buy it and thus help advance technology. The free market works best for all.

And how sweet and caring of the liberals to want the Chinese go back to staving to death as they did before Republican capitalism saved them and peacefully integrated them into a peaceful Republican world.

And neither do you. Lol. What is your expertise on the topic? You probably just sit around smoking pot all day!
Create new ones. Because the old jobs are long gone.

Apple has asked its contractors to calculate the cost of making an iPhone in America. It will be more than double, they say. But this is not the only concern Apple has under Trump´s pressure. The possibility is another. Currently, iPhone parts are assembled in one (two) big place that employs over 300.000 iSlaves just for Apple. iSlaves do not have homes, lives and iPhones. They rarely leave the factory compound they live in and the pay is insufficient to pay a rent.
The point is, however, the argument that the US lacks the workforce and infrastructure the iPhone production requires.
A real argument or nonsense?

Exclusive: Apple could make iPhones in US in future: sources- Nikkei Asian Review

Maybe they should try places like Detroit and Chicago, by giving the companies huge tax breaks to make the idea somewhat feasable. then perhaps they could start to train and hire local people who would other wise not have a carreer in these economic ghosts towns.

f it is better quality, then it is worth more money and people will pay more for it. I think a lot of people are sick of cheap Chinese products that fall apart.

And thats why Wal-Mart is doing so bad!

Wait....

f it is better quality, then it is worth more money and people will pay more for it. I think a lot of people are sick of cheap Chinese products that fall apart.

Wait....

There are plenty of people out there who seek out American products to buy because they are concerned about our economy, even if that means paying more for said product. FACT.

We've really hurt ourselves by driving the manufacturing industry away. It's just sad and depressing.

so why not end the liberal policies that drove them away???????????????
Highest corporate tax in world, unions, budget deficits!!!!! Do you understand?

We've really hurt ourselves by driving the manufacturing industry away. It's just sad and depressing.

so why not end the liberal policies that drove them away???????????????
Highest corporate tax in world, unions, budget deficits!!!!! Do you understand?

Well, that's one reason why I voted for Trump. Although, I don't really have a big problem with unions. Some of them serve a good purpose. We are not a "slave labor" country.

Take into account that regulations will be scaled back the cost goes down.
Still you either get a large place accumulating a large workforce or many places which would massively increase the cost in regard of maintaining and logistics.
She's talking about creating regulation free sweat shops in the U.S. That's the only way Trump's bringing any jobs back.

eliminate the highest corporate taxes in world would help with about 5 million jobs!!

Wait....

There are plenty of people out there who seek out American products to buy because they are concerned about our economy, even if that means paying more for said product. FACT.

Who said those people dont exist? You can think people are tired of cheap products but what you think and reality are diametrically opposed to each other. FACT

Although, I don't really have a big problem with unions.

setting a wage or price with a gun to a man's head is a problem. It's what unions do and it drove 15 million jobs offshore and prevented 15 million from coming back. Do you understand?

Wait....

Who said those people dont exist? You can think people are tired of cheap products but what you think and reality are diametrically opposed to each other. FACT

So? What's your opposition to bringing jobs and businesses back to America?

Apple could if it wanted to, but it would hit the stockholders.

Their gross profit margin was reported as ~40% overall, on iphones somewhat higher or lower, depending on the model.

In other words they could produce it here and sell it at the same, or close to the same, price point, but Net income would be hit and stockholders would wail.

Tim Cook also said during a 60 minutes interview that they often move(d) much of what they moved because it was impossible to find enough skilled workers here, not because of revenue. That of course was utter bullshit.

It's all about the money. Always is.

Wait....

So? What's your opposition to bringing jobs and businesses back to America?

Here is what you said. People would want to pay more and are tired of China. I stated that isnt a fact because reality says otherwise.

You said there are people willing to pay more. I agreed and wondered who said the opposite.

You respond with why dont I want jobs back.

Let me know when you get back to your original point which is wrong. Changing the subject and accusations dont work on me little girl

Forum List

Back