Apple moves its Mac Pro production from the US to China (The Misadventures of Tariff Man)

Centrista

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2018
But I thought manufacturing would make a yuuge comeback.in the USA under Trump.
The news of the production shift comes shortly after Apple warned U.S. trade representative Robert Lighthizer that tariffs on China would hurt its contribution to the U.S. economy. Escalating trade tensions between the two countries has forced Apple to consider shifting some of its production outside of China, Nikkei and The Wall Street Journal reported last week.
Apple moves its Mac Pro production from the US to China

Just shows that tariffs aren’t high enough, and that Apple wouldn’t be in business if not for Chinese slave labor.

But I thought manufacturing would make a yuuge comeback.in the USA under Trump.
The news of the production shift comes shortly after Apple warned U.S. trade representative Robert Lighthizer that tariffs on China would hurt its contribution to the U.S. economy. Escalating trade tensions between the two countries has forced Apple to consider shifting some of its production outside of China, Nikkei and The Wall Street Journal reported last week.
Apple moves its Mac Pro production from the US to China

They are moving some production to China and some to the USA. I have a 2011 Mac Pro and all they are really doing is changing the MP back to what it used to be. In 2013 they went to this drum-shaped thing no one liked because you couldn't customize it. Mine is made in the USA but as far as being assembled in China, they are only talking about the raw parts. These computers are still built to order and in some cases, like mine, final assembly and configuration and set up happens at the store you buy it from. There is not a wire in sight to hardly be seen inside and build quality makes ordinary PCs look like a piece of shit.

As to being for video and musicians only, I can't say about that. When I bought mine, you could configure these 4-core, 6 core or 8-core with a wide variety of processors for any need in mind. Mine is a RAID array which is certainly not anything a musician needs. That was an EXPENSIVE option.

P1201829.JPG

P1201794.JPG

Last edited:
This doesn't help their brand, especially with the dangers of Chinese spyware and the like.

First thing I do when I buy a new laptop is a full formatting of the drive. I don't log into my wifi at all until after it is formatted and I install a dual boot with Linux rather than relying on preinstalled Windows alone.

Maybe it won't circumvent any and all installed spying activities, but as most laptops are made overseas I take as many precautions as I can.

Last edited:
This doesn't help their brand, especially with the dangers of Chinese spyware and the like.

First thing I do when I buy a new laptop is a full formatting of the drive. I don't log into my wifi at all. Maybe it won't circumvent any installed spying activities, but as most laptops are made overseas I take as many precautions as I can.

Apple having assembly in China has been going on long before Trump thought of running for President. All our iPhones have been made in China since they first came out.

First thing I do when I buy a new laptop is a full formatting of the drive. I don't log into my wifi at all. Maybe it won't circumvent any installed spying activities, but as most laptops are made overseas I take as many precautions as I can.

Apple having assembly in China has been going on long before Trump thought of running for President. All our iPhones have been made in China since they first came out.
So Trump isn't special?

So Trump isn't special?

Putting the blame on him is strictly partisan.

It's like the Democrats saying they will destroy the cages Trump is putting immigrant children in. Only Alexandria Kelly Bundy addressed the fact that it was Obama's cages they are actually talking about.

Forum List

Back