Impossible to relocate iPhone production to the US?

I prefer my iPhone

• More expensive but made in U.S.A.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Cheaper but made overseas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Then make it 100 %. Bringing jobs home must be a general goal, anyway. When the increasing purchasing power can redeem the higher prices, everything is fine.
So you want to kill the iPhone and have no jobs for anybody. Damn that's harsh.
Making America great again is not an easy job. But keep in mind that America did not become strong by importing cheap Asian goods.
Yeah America has never ever used cheap or slave labor :rolleyes:

Btw I think you'll be shocked to find out how our railroads were built.
I even know who built the White House. But times have changed. Smartphones are a mass product. Mass products require people who can afford it. That was not the case back then.
So you want nobody to be able to afford an iPhone. Meaning you want the iPhone dead and its jobs gone.
You´ll wake up when your job moves away, too.

Take into account that regulations will be scaled back the cost goes down.
Still you either get a large place accumulating a large workforce or many places which would massively increase the cost in regard of maintaining and logistics.
She's talking about creating regulation free sweat shops in the U.S. That's the only way Trump's bringing any jobs back.

Nope not even close to what I'm saying.
Everyone in this country wants a safework force.
See this is how things get misinterperted and divides us with labeling.

So you want to kill the iPhone and have no jobs for anybody. Damn that's harsh.
Making America great again is not an easy job. But keep in mind that America did not become strong by importing cheap Asian goods.

I even know who built the White House. But times have changed. Smartphones are a mass product. Mass products require people who can afford it. That was not the case back then.
So you want nobody to be able to afford an iPhone. Meaning you want the iPhone dead and its jobs gone.
The only threat to my job is when they invent a robot that can provide the medical care that I do. It will probably happen in the not too distant future. And guess what, when that happens, my job, like the ones Trump is lying about bringing back, will be long gone too.

I'm concerned about American jobs and our economy. You want cheap products.

too bad at $700 Iphone is not cheap even with foreign labor. Do you understand. IF made here it would be $1000 and far fewer could afford to buy it and thus help advance technology. The free market works best for all.

And how sweet and caring of the liberals to want the Chinese go back to staving to death as they did before Republican capitalism saved them and peacefully integrated them into a peaceful Republican world.
Your monthly plan´s cost increases by 5 bucks. What a pity!

Apple has asked its contractors to calculate the cost of making an iPhone in America. It will be more than double, they say. But this is not the only concern Apple has under Trump´s pressure. The possibility is another. Currently, iPhone parts are assembled in one (two) big place that employs over 300.000 iSlaves just for Apple. iSlaves do not have homes, lives and iPhones. They rarely leave the factory compound they live in and the pay is insufficient to pay a rent.
The point is, however, the argument that the US lacks the workforce and infrastructure the iPhone production requires.
A real argument or nonsense?

Exclusive: Apple could make iPhones in US in future: sources- Nikkei Asian Review

Maybe they should try places like Detroit and Chicago, by giving the companies huge tax breaks to make the idea somewhat feasable. then perhaps they could start to train and hire local people who would other wise not have a carreer in these economic ghosts towns.
Not a bad idea but the companies must agree to that they will not move away again after the tax break.

The only threat to my job is when they invent a robot that can provide the medical care that I do. It will probably happen in the not too distant future. And guess what, when that happens, my job, like the ones Trump is lying about bringing back, will be long gone too.

Are you aware that during Trumps campaign several businesses said they would come back if he were elected?

Apple has asked its contractors to calculate the cost of making an iPhone in America. It will be more than double, they say. But this is not the only concern Apple has under Trump´s pressure. The possibility is another. Currently, iPhone parts are assembled in one (two) big place that employs over 300.000 iSlaves just for Apple. iSlaves do not have homes, lives and iPhones. They rarely leave the factory compound they live in and the pay is insufficient to pay a rent.
The point is, however, the argument that the US lacks the workforce and infrastructure the iPhone production requires.

Exclusive: Apple could make iPhones in US in future: sources- Nikkei Asian Review

Maybe they should try places like Detroit and Chicago, by giving the companies huge tax breaks to make the idea somewhat feasable. then perhaps they could start to train and hire local people who would other wise not have a carreer in these economic ghosts towns.
Not a bad idea but the companies must agree to that they will not move away again after the tax break.

Thats not freedom.

Lucky guy, then.

Thats not freedom.
Food stamps are?

Your monthly plan´s cost increases by 5 bucks. What a pity!

easy to say when you've got and extra $5 for a hundred different things you need a month. last article I read said Walmart and China had saved Americans about $20 billion in 5 years.
Maybe but this naive expection needs to come together with the sum that would have been generated by US employees.

Thats not freedom.
Food stamps are?

Well that's another whole can of worms that needs to be reformed too.

Thats not freedom.
Food stamps are?

Well that's another whole can of worms that needs to be reformed too.
Let´s say 45 million are on food stamps. America is between 20 and 45 million jobs away from a healthy economy. The figure increases if you count all these mini jobs in.

Are you aware that during Trumps campaign several businesses said they would come back if he were elected?
They'll come back if it will make them money, and for no other reason than that. Trump threatening the free market is a bad thing for everybody.

They'll come back if it will make them money, and for no other reason than that. Trump threatening the free market is a bad thing for everybody.

They have to in order to pay their employees and benifits.
Economics 101.

Economics 101.
Yes artificial price controls are part of econ 101. They result in job loss and less money.

Economics 101.
Yes artificial price controls are part of econ 101. They result in job loss and less money.

Profit and price control are two diffent subjects.
Free markets sets price not government.

Economics 101.

Profit and price control are two diffent subjects.
Free markets sets price not government.
Massive tariffs and subsidies are proce controls. And what Trump ran on.

Or go to a State like New Mexico where labor will be cheap and land is also cheap and build them there.

Forum List

Back