Importance of insurance?

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by businessman1927, Aug 18, 2010.

1. businessman1927

businessman1927 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Insurance is important for business?

2. CountofTuscany

CountofTuscany Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    I'm self employed and as a result self insured. It's costly but it's also a write off.

3. RDD_1210

RDD_1210 Forms his own opinions

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,001
    The question is, what value or services does insurance really offer anymore? It's a middleman for the sake of the middleman. One who is actually making the access to healthcare more difficult instead of more efficient.

4. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Then why would the feds try to force that difficulty of access and lack of efficiency upon everyone?

5. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    It is HUGELY important for business.

You mean liability insurance right? I had an accident where I destroyed a $50,000 car (welders and flamable flooring materials dont mix) and I tell you that $115/month in liability coverage more than paid for itself ;).

Worst part was it was a friends highly customized car :(

If your talking about health insurance I'd say no. However it is important for business' employees.

6. GWV5903

GWV5903 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,288
    Have you ever been sued as a business owner? If you could pass legislation that limited the lawyers take to say 10% and place caps, you could drive down the cost of everything.....

Take a minute and find out what group spends more on campaign contributions than anyone else.....

7. RDD_1210

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,001
    Really? I know you're not asking for intelligent discussion Dude, but rather to start an argument. But I'll humor you anyway.....

Because there is no better option at this point. No public option, no single payer, so to ensure that all americans can get access they had to promise the insurance companies, who are unfortunately very much in control of healthcare still, that if they are to cover preexisting conditions then all people must have insurance in order to help alleviate some of the costs (ie. reduced profits) the insurance companies will have to take on.

8. Oddball

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    What you really mean is that there's no better option that you will accept as better.

You're the one who has accepted the premise that a third-party payer is the best way to pay for medical expenses, not me...That's your problem.

9. RDD_1210

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,001
    What the hell are you blabbing about? Thanks for proving my point that you reply just to start an argument, not have a rational discussion. Maybe I should post a picture of a dog now, or whatever it is you do when you realize you have nothing left to say in a thread.

10. Oddball

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    What's the rational argument, that you're entitled to have a third party pick up the costs for your medical expenses?

You complain about lack of efficiency and force being in the marketplace, yet your only "answer" is to impose more inefficiency and force into that marketplace.

Doing more of the same thing over and over and over again, while expecting a better result.....