Per end of February Insurance rates up 22 pct

My auto/home rose, but it could have been worse. At least I don't live in Florida.

although Florida only accounts for 9 percent of the country’s home insurance claims, it is home to 79 percent of the country’s home insurance lawsuits. Many of these lawsuits are fraudulent.

Bankrate

I read of this just this morning.....Kept on the down-low it was.​

Rating agency downgrades State Farm General Insurance Co.’s credit rating​

The rating agency AM Best has downgraded the credit rating of State Farm General Insurance Company on Thursday.

According to AM Best, State Farm General Insurance Financial Strength Rating has been downgraded from A (Excellent) to B (Fair).

State Farm General Insurance Company is a subsidiary of the larger company which is known as State Farm, and is based in Bloomington.

AM Best has also downgraded State Farm General Insurance Long-Term Issuer Credit Rating (Long-Term ICR) from “a” (Excellent) to bb+ (Fair).

The rating downgrade is a result of the deterioration of State Farm’s General Insurance policyholder surplus and a sharp increase in claims severity, which affects the “company’s umbrella and commercial multi-peril lines of business,” according to AM Best.

AM Best also revised its FSR from negative to stable, and its Long-Term ICR outlook is negative.

I understand a lot of the industries issues involves adjusters that worked from home who never looked at claims.

Forum List

Back