Immigration....Who To Invite In?

what was the purpose of Ellis Island

From 1892 to 1954, over twelve million immigrants entered the United States through the portal of Ellis Island, a small island in New York Harbor. Ellis Island is located in the upper bay just off the New Jersey coast, within the shadow of the Statue of Liberty. Through the years, this gateway to the new world was enlarged from its original 3.3 acres to 27.5 acres mostly by landfill obtained from ship ballast and possibly excess earth from the construction of the New York City subway system.

Before being designated as the site of the first Federal immigration station by President Benjamin Harrison in 1890, Ellis Island had a varied history. The local Indian tribes had called it "Kioshk" or Gull Island. Due to its rich and abundant oyster beds and plentiful and profitable shad runs, it was known as Oyster Island for many generations during the Dutch and English colonial periods.

By the time Samuel Ellis became the island's private owner in the 1770s, the island had been called Kioshk, Oyster, Dyre, Bucking and Anderson's Island. In this way, Ellis Island developed from a sandy island that barely rose above the high tide mark, into a hanging site for pirates, a harbor fort, ammunition and ordinance depot named Fort Gibson, and finally into an immigration station.

One in six Texas residents is an immigrant, while 15 percent of residents are native-born U.S. citizens with at least one immigrant parent.

As of 2015, 4.7 million immigrants (foreign-born individuals) comprised 17 percent of the population.

Texas was home to 2.2 million women, 2.2 million men, and 317,104 children who were immigrants.

The top countries of origin for immigrants were Mexico (55.1 percent of immigrants), India (5 percent), El Salvador (4.3 percent), Vietnam (3.7 percent), and China (2.3 percent).

In 2016, 4.1 million people in Texas (15 percent of the state’s population) were native-born Americans who had at least one immigrant parent.

Immigrants in Texas

We are a Nation of immigrants whether you like it or not

Thanks for leading me there---------
I looked it up, now I know

Angel Island Immigration Station was an immigration station located in San Francisco Bay which operated from January 21, 1910 to November 5, 1940, where immigrants entering the United States were detained and interrogated. Angel Island (California) is an island in San Francisco Bay.

what was the purpose of Ellis Island

From 1892 to 1954, over twelve million immigrants entered the United States through the portal of Ellis Island, a small island in New York Harbor. Ellis Island is located in the upper bay just off the New Jersey coast, within the shadow of the Statue of Liberty. Through the years, this gateway to the new world was enlarged from its original 3.3 acres to 27.5 acres mostly by landfill obtained from ship ballast and possibly excess earth from the construction of the New York City subway system.

Before being designated as the site of the first Federal immigration station by President Benjamin Harrison in 1890, Ellis Island had a varied history. The local Indian tribes had called it "Kioshk" or Gull Island. Due to its rich and abundant oyster beds and plentiful and profitable shad runs, it was known as Oyster Island for many generations during the Dutch and English colonial periods.

By the time Samuel Ellis became the island's private owner in the 1770s, the island had been called Kioshk, Oyster, Dyre, Bucking and Anderson's Island. In this way, Ellis Island developed from a sandy island that barely rose above the high tide mark, into a hanging site for pirates, a harbor fort, ammunition and ordinance depot named Fort Gibson, and finally into an immigration station.

I didn't ask you to copy the text from Ellis Foundation website, any idiot could do it.

I asked you what was the purpose of Ellis island?

OK, here is the easier one... What's the purpose of the border crossing?

.....and why?

“In all, nearly 60 percent of immigrants—legal and illegal—are on government assistance, compared with 39 percent of native households. Why would any country voluntarily bring in people who have to be supported by the taxpayer?”
Ann Coulter, ¡Adios, America!: The Left's Plan to Turn Our Country into a Third World Hellhole

1. Here's the answer: the reason that the Democrats/Liberals encourage illegal immigration is for one reason and one reason only: illegals vote for the Democrats.

There is no other benefit to this nation.
None.
Illegals keep wages low, and unemployment of Americans high; it costs billions in welfare services and police costs high.
It is only through the actions of Democrats and illegal aliens that the Left is able to claim a popular vote victory in the last election.
After all, Obama told illegal aliens to get out and vote.

2. Continuing on the theme, one of education for the deluded Democrat voters....

“The New York State Department of Corrections has collected information about the top ten nationalities in its prisons for years—.... Foreign inmates were 70 percent more likely to have committed a violent crime than American criminals. They were also twice as likely to have committed a class A felony, such as aggravated murder, kidnapping, and terrorism."
Data here: http://www.doccs.ny.gov/Research/Reports/2008/Impact_of_Foreign-Born_Inmates_2008.pdf

But....what the heck.....they vote Democrat.

3. In 2010, the top ten countries of the foreign-born inmates in NY were:

Dominican Republic: 1,314

Jamaica: 849

Mexico: 523

Guyana: 289

El Salvador: 245

Cuba: 242

Trinidad and Tobago: 237

Haiti: 201

Ecuador: 189

Colombia: 168

BTW....between 1985 and 1999, the native-born in the prison population increased 99%.
During that time, the foreign-born in the prison population increased 251%.
http://www.doccs.ny.gov/Research/Reports/2010/ForeignBorn_IRP_Report_2009.pdf

Gee.....it's almost as if they were invited in......

4. Of course this is not the slant one gets from the house organ of the Democrat Party, the NYTimes.

"Most readers are agog at the number of Dominicans in New York prisons, having spent years reading New York Times articles about Dominicans’ “entrepreneurial zeal,”21 and “traditional immigrant virtues.” Even in an article about the Dominicans’ domination of the crack cocaine business, the Times praised their “savvy,” which had allowed them to become “highly successful” drug dealers, then hailed their drug-infested neighborhoods as the “embodiment of the American Dream—a vibrant, energetic urban melting pot.”
Ann Coulter, ¡Adios, America!: The Left's Plan to Turn Our Country into a Third World Hellhole

Hence, the importance of re-education camps for Liberal simpletons: balance the truth about what Democrat policies have done, and who they have invited to a neighborhood near you.

There is an answer.....I'll get to it.
The US provides relocation funds to immigrants to help with their transition...I know, terrible..

"It is apparent that #MeToo doesn’t apply to illegal aliens, but only legal citizens of the United States. When the news of Harvey Weinstein broke, there was condemnation on both sides. There were too many women coming forward for his alleged actions not to be true. As with most things, over time the outrage faded, and the MeToo movement fell out of the 24-hour news cycle. The left claims to be the “champions of women,” but many are disingenuous about women being sexually assaulted.

Illegal aliens sexually assault females as young as four, but there is no outcry from liberals compared to that of Weinstein. The left is strangely quiet. Do left wingers not care about females who are sexually assaulted by illegals?"
Liberals, Why Doesn’t #MeToo Apply to Victims of Illegal Alien Sexual Assault?

"It is apparent that #MeToo doesn’t apply to illegal aliens, but only legal citizens of the United States. When the news of Harvey Weinstein broke, there was condemnation on both sides. There were too many women coming forward for his alleged actions not to be true. As with most things, over time the outrage faded, and the MeToo movement fell out of the 24-hour news cycle. The left claims to be the “champions of women,” but many are disingenuous about women being sexually assaulted.

Illegal aliens sexually assault females as young as four, but there is no outcry from liberals compared to that of Weinstein. The left is strangely quiet. Do left wingers not care about females who are sexually assaulted by illegals?"
Liberals, Why Doesn’t #MeToo Apply to Victims of Illegal Alien Sexual Assault?

This is an important point about culture that the left avoids assiduously.

Hello! Now Ukraine and Russia have an unstable political situation. Part of the territory of Ukraine is occupied by Russia. That's why many people participate in mass meetings for political asylum in the United States. Here is www.politicalasylumusa.com well written about political persecution and obtaining refugee status in the United States. It turns out that it is the United States that is interested in immigrants.

STATUE OF LIBERTY
“Give me your tired, your poor/Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free/The wretched refuse of your teeming shore/Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me/I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

"The Statue of Liberty Enlightening the World" was a gift of friendship from the people of France to the United States and is recognized as a universal symbol of freedom and democracy. The Statue of Liberty was dedicated on October 28, 1886. It was designated as a National Monument in 1924. Employees of the National Park Service have been caring for the colossal copper statue since 1933.

In 1892, the U.S. government opened a federal immigration station on Ellis Island, located near Bedloe’s Island in Upper New York Bay. Between 1892 and 1954, some 12 million immigrants were processed on Ellis Island before receiving permission to enter the United States. From 1900-14, during the peak years of its operation, some 5,000 to 10,000 people passed through every day.

Ellis Island, in Upper New York Bay, was the gateway for over 12 million immigrants to the U.S. as the United States' busiest immigrant inspection station for over 60 years from 1892 until 1954. Ellis Island was opened January 1, 1892. Wikipedia

How far would you travel to find a better life? What if the journey took weeks under difficult conditions? If you answered "Whatever it takes," you echo the feelings of the 12 million immigrants who passed through these now quiet halls from 1892 to 1954. Ellis Island afforded them the opportunity to attain the American dream for themselves and their descendants. Come hear their stories
Ellis Island Part of Statue of Liberty National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)

Ame®icano, reas the bold text above and learn something

Do left wingers not care about females who are sexually assaulted by illegals?"

Trump admits to sexually assaulting wemon. And I read somewhere that Trump is also an illegal immigrant from Germany. So if we are going to start going after these people, why not start at the "top" and then word down.

STATUE OF LIBERTY
“Give me your tired, your poor/Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free/The wretched refuse of your teeming shore/Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me/I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

"The Statue of Liberty Enlightening the World" was a gift of friendship from the people of France to the United States and is recognized as a universal symbol of freedom and democracy. The Statue of Liberty was dedicated on October 28, 1886. It was designated as a National Monument in 1924. Employees of the National Park Service have been caring for the colossal copper statue since 1933.

In 1892, the U.S. government opened a federal immigration station on Ellis Island, located near Bedloe’s Island in Upper New York Bay. Between 1892 and 1954, some 12 million immigrants were processed on Ellis Island before receiving permission to enter the United States. From 1900-14, during the peak years of its operation, some 5,000 to 10,000 people passed through every day.

Ellis Island, in Upper New York Bay, was the gateway for over 12 million immigrants to the U.S. as the United States' busiest immigrant inspection station for over 60 years from 1892 until 1954. Ellis Island was opened January 1, 1892. Wikipedia

How far would you travel to find a better life? What if the journey took weeks under difficult conditions? If you answered "Whatever it takes," you echo the feelings of the 12 million immigrants who passed through these now quiet halls from 1892 to 1954. Ellis Island afforded them the opportunity to attain the American dream for themselves and their descendants. Come hear their stories
Ellis Island Part of Statue of Liberty National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)

Ame®icano, reas the bold text above and learn something

And you think you enlightened me by copy paste from elsewhere. Maybe you should try answering the question.

By the way, what does "reas" means?

Maybe you should try answering the question.

"How far would you travel to find a better life? What if the journey took weeks under difficult conditions? If you answered "Whatever it takes," you echo the feelings of the 12 million immigrants who passed through these now quiet halls from 1892 to 1954. Ellis Island afforded them the opportunity to attain the American dream for themselves and their descendants."

It was a typo; it means "read"

Maybe you should try answering the question.

"How far would you travel to find a better life? What if the journey took weeks under difficult conditions? If you answered "Whatever it takes," you echo the feelings of the 12 million immigrants who passed through these now quiet halls from 1892 to 1954. Ellis Island afforded them the opportunity to attain the American dream for themselves and their descendants."

It was a typo; it means "read"

I know it was typo, but if you wanted to "educate me" you would watch for those things.

Now, out of 12 million immigrants who passed through Ellis Island, how many were illegal aliens?

Now, out of 12 million immigrants who passed through Ellis Island, how many were illegal aliens?

I know where you are headed with this and I have no counter argument against it.

Having said that, 99.999% of those who come across our borders; legally or not, are no "rapists", thieves or murderers.

Trump is lying about this just like he lies about everything else.

Forum List

Back