Imagine if a white NFL quarterback had said this...............

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Holy shit would there be hell to pay !!
This is black privilege, no two ways around it.

Bucs GM, coach acknowledge Jameis Winston's mistake but support QB

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Wednesday acknowledged that Jameis Winston made a mistake last week with his choice of words to elementary school children regarding gender roles that drew public scrutiny, but they said they fully support the quarterback.

Speaking to reporters at the NFL scouting combine on Wednesday, coach Dirk Koetter and general manager Jason Licht defended the 23-year-old starting quarterback.

"Obviously the situation with the school last week, in the midst of a school presentation, Jameis, he made a mistake," Koetter said. "And he owned up to that mistake. He's 23 years old. I think anyone who has to stand behind a microphone and talk to a group of people, you're going to make mistakes from time to time. There's been other ones in the sports world very recently."

Winston told the fifth-grade class at Melrose Elementary School in St. Petersburg, Florida, "All my young boys, stand up. The ladies, sit down. But all my boys, stand up. We strong, right? We strong! We strong, right? All my boys, tell me one time: I can do anything I put my mind to. Now, a lot of boys aren't supposed to be soft-spoken. You know what I'm saying? One day y'all are going to have a very deep voice like this [in deep voice]. One day you'll have a very, very deep voice.

"But the ladies, they're supposed to be silent, polite, gentle. My men, my men [are] supposed to be strong. I want y'all to tell me what the third rule of life is: I can do anything I put my mind to."
Bucs admit Winston's mistake but support QB

Don't you fools ever get tired of listening to yourselves WHINE?
:crybaby:

Dry your eyes and go sit on mommy's lap.

:boohoo:

The man's comments had to do with gender roles. What does race have to do with it? Nothing. Contextually relevant questions to ask pertain to how the remark would have been construed were a woman to have made them.

Black people are expected to be ignorant, hence the absence of public and media outrage.

The man's comments had to do with gender roles. What does race have to do with it? Nothing. Contextually relevant questions to ask pertain to how the remark would have been construed were a woman to have made them.

If a white high profile NFL QB such as Tom Brady, had made these misogynistic comments, he would be skewered on every news channel.
As it is, you have to look hard to even find the story at all.

If a white high profile NFL QB such as Tom Brady, had made these misogynistic comments, he would be skewered on every news channel.
As it is, you have to look hard to even find the story at all.
Why do you think that the race of a man who made "off color" remarks about gender roles and gender stereotypes would have a damn thing to do with any public scorn he'd receive for having made such comments?

Forum List

Back