I’m so old …

I'm so old I paid .27 for the gallon of gas that filled my 1st motorcycle gas tank.

… I remember when a store putting on a sale on dresses didn’t have to include the adjective “women’s’” dresses.
I remember going into a mini Mart and there were rows of open boxes of penny candies; swedish fishes, root beer barrels, gum balls etc.

Of course you had the premium 3 cent jolly ranchers too.

Kids (including me) would go in with change and dig their dirty hands into the boxes and count out the number to match their pennies, take them to and drop them on the nasty counter for the cashier to count out. Yuck.

Lol, how did we survive...pretty disgusting.

I remember going into a mini Mart and there were rows of open boxes of penny candies; swedish fishes, root beer barrels, gum balls etc.

Of course you had the premium 3 cent jolly ranchers too.

Kids (including me) would go in with change and dig their dirty hands into the boxes and count out the number to match their pennies, take them to and drop them on the nasty counter for the cashier to count out. Yuck.

Lol, how did we survive...pretty disgusting.
That type of activity is why your immune system is so strong now. Use it or lose it.

It was a big thing in the mid and late eighties. The thing was, during exam week, students would wear their slippers and jammies to exams.

. . . and then? It became a regular thing.

During the early nineties, it went back and forth in the editorial columns of the student papers, for literally years, as to whether it was disrespectful to professors, or whether that behavior should be limited to exam week.

. . . I frankly thought the whole debate was dumb when we had wars in Kuwait & Iraq to debate. :rolleyes:

Had I known back then, what I know today?

I'd have typed up a letter, warning everyone, that after they graduate, that behavior would then become common place in all of society in the new millennium among their own kids.
I guess, I really am that old. I was not in school in the late 80s except for night classes or Military and there was none of that.

Yep, that's when I remember it all starting.

. . . it started during exam week. . .

And then the girls thought, why not all the time?
Sounds like a Chris Knight thing in the movie Real Genius, though the others at that fictitious school did not dress that way. I did not see it in college or do it. Too many essay questions, to take a chance standing out as somebody that did not take it serious, and pissing off an instructor or professor grading my papers.

For me it was always jeans, a T-shirt, and a flannel long sleeve shirt, either open or closed.

That or a hockey Jersey and Jeans.

It was the 90's, lol.
So? We have narrowed it down. . . This?

iu

Is all the fault of Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love.

:auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back