I'm Searching For A Spiritual Home...

this tune... and this scene from O Brother Where Art Thou... nearly broke my heart...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgVL-rBq9Fw&feature=related]Alison Krauss - Down in the River to Pray - YouTube[/ame]

put me in mind of what I'd been missing all my life...

what kinda spiritual home and fellowship are you after?

religions run the full boat ....you can find anything you want in religion

been wandering for decades...

I yearn for fellowship...
Are you a Christian? If so, find a Church that teaches from the Bible or find a or start a group Bible study. The Gentleman that used to fill in at my Church before we called our current pastor started a group Bible study at a coffee shop.

Probably been wandering because you haven't realized one simple truth........

We aren't humans in search of a spiritual experience, we are spirits enjoying a human experience.

Otherwise, why else would we have a soul?

Once you realize that, start checking into all different kinds of belief systems, and see which ones speak to you.

Me? I became a Taoist in 1994, and now like to study Judaic theology as well.

Zen is a really good compass for your journey.

Here is The Key to your Salvation!

bible1611kjv.jpg

Probably been wandering because you haven't realized one simple truth........

We aren't humans in search of a spiritual experience, we are spirits enjoying a human experience.

Otherwise, why else would we have a soul?

Once you realize that, start checking into all different kinds of belief systems, and see which ones speak to you.

Me? I became a Taoist in 1994, and now like to study Judaic theology as well.

Zen is a really good compass for your journey.

Yes.

I am my soul creating a Life of happiness.

My advice to the OP ... look within first.

Wow, this thread, as expected, attracted every hateful yahoo in the joint.

Good luck on your quest. I just joined a new church after moving to a new area, and I'm tickled to death with my choice. I feel like I've been there forever already, and the kids love it.

Prayer and careful consideration of what you really want when it comes to fellowship will get you far. I was already secure in my faith; I wanted a church that would engage my children and be comfortable for me, and that adhered to my basic belief system. I was prepared to join a church that wasn't necessarily of the exact same denomination that I am in order to achieve that. I researched the churches before I moved, and I am blessed that my first choice was the right one. It's different than the churches I've belonged to recently (the last 10 years) in that it's more modern, the people are a little more worldly, at least on the outside, but I'm completely comfortable there and feel like they really are my family already.

Research your options and venture forth, pilgrim, lol! And don't listen to the anti-church, anti-spirituality, anti-Christian freaks who feel compelled to attack any person who dares to make a public avowal of spirituality. That's just satan at work, par for the course.

Forum List

Back