Zone1 Fellowship & doctrinal discussions are a bad mix between Christians

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
If you want fellowship, avoid all doctrinal discussion. If you want fellowship, keep it simple such as stating that you believe in Jesus and in following his commandments including loving and helping those around you. Every Christian will go along with that! Go beyond that, however, and you risk stating a doctrinal view not shared by your brother or sister in Christ and it may create dissension.

I like church communities for fellowship but I don't get into doctrinal discussions with them because it inevitably creates division.

If you want fellowship, avoid all doctrinal discussion. If you want fellowship, keep it simple such as stating that you believe in Jesus and in following his commandments including loving and helping those around you. Every Christian will go along with that! Go beyond that, however, and you risk stating a doctrinal view not shared by your brother or sister in Christ and it may create dissension.

I like church communities for fellowship but I don't get into doctrinal discussions with them because it inevitably creates division.
Your aren't a theologian. You don't know what you are talking about most of the time. I have had quite pleasant doctrinal discussions with others who have disagreed with me. So your blanket statement is false. It can be done as long as people are allowed to disagree. Honest men and women can have honest differences of opinions without it turning into adversarial situations.

I have had quite pleasant doctrinal discussions with others who have disagreed with me. So your blanket statement is false. It can be done as long as people are allowed to disagree. Honest men and women can have honest differences of opinions without it turning into adversarial situations.
I agree. I've had some wonderful discussions when each sticks with presenting what is right about their position instead of telling the other what is wrong with theirs or what they "really" believe.

I agree. I've had some wonderful discussions when each sticks with presenting what is right about their position instead of telling the other what is wrong with theirs or what they "really" believe.
Exactly. It makes no sense to arrive at one's position based solely on the criticism of another's position. One must make a positive case for their position, not a negative case of someone else's position.

Exactly. It makes no sense to arrive at one's position based solely on the criticism of another's position. One must make a positive case for their position, not a negative case of someone else's position.
Not only well said, but very well said.

Forum List

Back