I'm Searching For A Spiritual Home...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USR3bX_PtU4]Joan Osborne - One of us - YouTube[/ame]

If you are interested in Christianity, start with the Bible. Read Jerimiah; it is similar to our European history (gov't, indentured servants, etc). Read Ezekiel; it clearly demonstrates things that upset the Lord. If you want to laugh, read Jonah. If you want to see the power and the patience of the Lord, read about Abraham. Once you have done that, read when you can.

If you want a church, go and check them out. Do not be intimidated into staying thru a service that you disagree with the message. There are a lot of good churches, but there also some cons going. I prefer churches that do Biblical readings over a "preacher" telling me that "he" knows what the Lord wants. If you are just looking for "social spirituality", the big warehouse churches offer a lot of activities, along with some spiritual messages. If you like structure and discipline, try: Catholic/Orthodox, Lutheran & Presbyterian (in order of most structured).
Talk to people. If you respect them and enjoy them, ask them if they belong to a church, what denomination, and what do they believe. I have gone thru periods where, I was not happy with the current leader in my denomination, and would compare thoughts with others on books or stories from the Bible. In some ways, it was better than church. It filled the hunger for the Lord's word, and encouraged us to research what the others were discussing. I also have a "spiritual buddy", we compare what we heard in church (when we attend), and what we think it meant. Also know that the number one job (heard it from a radio preacher with a nice voice) is to thank the Lord. Thank Him everyday, and your lonliness will not seem as bad. Bless you and may the Lord guide you.

I'm looking for someone to change my life,
I'm looking for a miracle in my life...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjHHl_bAEMg]The Moody Blues- Question - YouTube[/ame]

been wandering for decades...

I yearn for fellowship...

Here is The Key to your Salvation!

bible1611kjv.jpg

I dont think a picture is going to help.

Forum List

Back