I'm proud to be part of the 'Silent Majority'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tiger, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Tiger

Tiger Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Got some of this from email:

I'm proud to be part of the 'Silent Majority'

I realize some of those from the Vietnam era may take offense, but there are more of the old timers of the previous eras who served there along with you are proud to wear the symbol of the flag and salute and repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.

They are the SILENT MAJORITY with tears in their eyes!

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec.171, During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides," Obama said. "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it."

It is obvious that this man does not respect our symbols of pride and freedom and respect.

This man proposes to be the Commander-in-Chief of our Armed Forces who fight for our flag and our veterans who have fought, died, been maimed, over the last 150 years?

I suspect that he also does not believe in the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag but yet when you see him making a speech on television (such as the recent Philadelphia race speech) he is surrounded by a backdrop of 10 or more American flags! He likes those props!

You can assume from all this that he is a fake and a hypocrite.

Something is very wrong here and that's frightening.

It is obvious that this man is anti-American

It is obvious that this man is for a one world Islam.

It is obvious that if this man saluted the flag Farrakhan wouldn't back him

Obama Cannot Denounce And Reject Farrakhan!
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnWQ3zSZg24&feature=related[/ame]

Obama stumbles in MSNBC Debate on Israel and Islam
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnZJePN40fw&feature=related[/ame]

2. indago

indago VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +180
    Tiger wrote:
    The pledge of allegiance should be abolished outright. It is government personnel that should be pledging their allegience to the people whom they serve. This should be a daily requirement for them, and be a reminder that they are not the masters, but the servants.

3. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    What bullshit. You just proved that assuming makes an ass out of you and in this case not me. Let the swiftboating begin.

4. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Please show me the context of where and when he said this.

thank you.

5. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,220
    THe pledge of allegience is nationalism, which is one step away from fascism...

6. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Rather than wait for you to show me where this came from, here is some more information.

IT'S ANOTHER FRIGGING LIE DISGUISED AS TRUTH.:cuckoo:

7. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Here is what he really said. Tiger, if this is true, does it make it any different?

I will bet that most of the pins that are worn by those who think this is the only thing they have to do to be a patriot are probably made in CHINA:rofl:

8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I think it's pretty obvious as well as simple. While I don't think wearing a flag pin is any big deal one way or the other, the man who proposes to be this Nation's leader and CinC says he does't want to "take sides?"

Sorry. Our President needs to be on OUR side, period. IF he's not on OUR side, then he doesn't have enough conviction to hold the position.

9. ReillyT

ReillyT Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Ray's point is that he didn't say that. That quote was made up as satire. It isn't Obama's quote.

10. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Gunny, if he said that I wouldn't vote for him. He didn't say it. It was one of those so called satires that in this case a right wing blogger started probably knowing it would morph into a real speech.

OBAMA NEVER SAID THAT. READ THE TEXT I POSTED OF HIS REAL SPEECH ABOUT WEARING THE FLAG.