McCain: A question of temperament

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gunny, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Hotheaded and pigheaded. Great combination.:eusa_eh:

2. jreeves

jreeves Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
    All of the occasions listed happened over 15 years ago. Do you think people can develop a more even temperament over time? Do you think it's such a bad thing to actually feel passionately about your position on issues?

3. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Personally, I would prefer that our President get a little pissed off sometimes. There are plenty of things in Washington DC that would have a normal person cussing. Maybe a little anger would clean out some of the dead weight there.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Certainly people can develop a more even temperment over time.

Who feels passionately about *my* position in issues? I think passion is fine but the more one gives in to emotion on an issue the less objective the perception is going to be.

5. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59

Does this mean you'll be starting soon. :razz:

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    :eusa_shhh:

7. jreeves

jreeves Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
    Do you think any canidate will ever support all of your positions? Isn't that a little egocentric? I mean I know that MCcain doesn't support all of my positions on the issues. But he definetly comes the closest to supporting my views on the issues. Also, you and I can't possibly be right about every issue.

I do agree with you that emotion dulls one's objecivity. Although, it is refreshing to see someone that actually gets pissed when the government wastes billions of dollars on pet projects in the form of earmarks.

8. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,351
    George W. Bush's approval ratings have never been higher than when he actually allowed people to see him angry. Whatever anybody thinks of George W. Bush, however, a public hot head is not in his resume.

Some time back Dick Cheney made all the front pages when he used the "F" word in a heated exchange with a senator.

Some of us are old enough to remember another New Hampsire debate when Ronald Reagan, eyes flashing, raised his voice to inform a pushy moderator that he had paid for his microphone and he would give the opening statement he had been promised he could give. Video here http://clients.bn24.com/portals/NHPL/Default.aspx (The short Reagan clip is the first one on the website.)

It has been widely publicized (along with video) several times in which Bill Clinton lost his cool with a staffer or a media type when he thought he was off camera, but nobody would consider him unpoised or unprofessional in public.

I have seen McCain misspeak on camera, but I have never seen him get truly rattled or goaded into unprofessional behavior.

Or we could all listen to Hillary yell for the next four years.

9. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    He still has some anger issues. He called his wife a "kunt" in front of his staff recently. I can't see any excuse for that.

I want a president who stands up to our enemies and friends. But I don't want one who's anger can overule his logic.

The ability to get angry when needed and show it can serve a purpose quite well. The inability to control one's anger is not a leadership stength. It is a weakness that I don't want in control of the Nuklar Button.

Let's see if he controls it during the debates. Maybe he will be like Cheney who told Leahy to go f himself. Many repubs thought that was quite manly of the dik.:eusa_whistle:

10. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Where'd you get the information about him calling his wife names?