I'm not paying your "tax"

So you're telling me you want the video. Ok. Here you go.

Romney: "It's not a tax hike. It is a fee, an assessment." - YouTube

Yeah. He seems strongly against it there. *eyeroll*

The difference between Federal and State makes NO difference when applied to the mandate. Sorry chums. Why not? Because it serves the same ESSENTIAL PURPOSE in both, which is to make sure that people are pooled to lower costs. State-shmate. It makes no difference.

and that matters with Obama lying about it how?

10 years ago they weren't so open about it. NOW they flaunt it.
Yep. That's part of the beauty of the Robert's opinion.

Yep. He basically said to all of us: "The Court won't be there for. We're already bought and paid for. You're gonna have to fight this one on your own."
I'd debate the "We're already bought and paid for" line. Other than that, he's right. We DO need to fight this one for ourselves, and in a way, Roberts did us as a nation a HUGE favor.

He stopped enabling us. I know it's hard to see that, but now, it's up to us conservatives and libertarians to stop sitting on our asses and hope that there are decent men in government by dint of our desire, and MAKE there be decent men in government by dint of their and our merit.

To use a football analogy, he let the opposition take the lead by letting them score under the 2 minute warning confident his offense (the conservatives) could score and win the game.

Now. Can that happen? Easily. Will it happen? I have no idea. It matters now our desire to win, and ability to execute the painful and difficult gameplan and accept the consequences required for victory.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjYeREIHCsw&feature=related]Winning is a habit (Vince Lombardi) - YouTube[/ame]

We need to remember this in this time.

So you're telling me you want the video. Ok. Here you go.

Romney: "It's not a tax hike. It is a fee, an assessment." - YouTube

Yeah. He seems strongly against it there. *eyeroll*

The difference between Federal and State makes NO difference when applied to the mandate. Sorry chums. Why not? Because it serves the same ESSENTIAL PURPOSE in both, which is to make sure that people are pooled to lower costs. State-shmate. It makes no difference.

and that matters with Obama lying about it how?

Because Romney slamming home that it's a tax, not a penalty when he pushed the exact opposite is hypocritical. If you want to slam liars, at least be fair about it.

No, I'm the one trying to make you see who you are hurting if you remain uninsured because you are too cheap to pay anything for it. I'm not complaining about poor people costing me. I pay my taxes and my way.

The people turning away from insurance are doing the right thing. Insurance is the problem, not the solution. It has created many of the problems we're now trying to resolve. It's driven health care inflation through the roof and we've painted ourselves into a corner by over-insuring and destroying sane market motivations. We need less insurance, not more. You're targeting people for persecution because they don't agree with your preferred method of financing your health care expenses. What gives you the right to force your preferences on others for your own fucking convenience?

You can't fight city hall by simply not going along with it. You will hurt people, mainly your family, they will pay for your mistakes.

Then explain just how I save my family from paying for that One-Big-Assed-Mistake the libtard racists put into an office he should never have held? Not to mention a Legislature with their heads so far up their asses, they can't see their way clear to correct the horrific mistakes they've inflicted on my family. And now, the last line of defense, the Court, has gone completely around the bend and told Congress they can tax my family if the DON'T buy something. How am I supposed to protect my family from that kind of hurt?

Very, very funny.

Suckers!!!

I know Romney and how he thinks. You don't. I could be wrong, but that is doubtful.

No, You misunderstand. I'm agreeing with you. Romney is essentially on board with ACA. He'll make only minor changes.

My error, then, and my apology to you. I believe he will want to put his own imprint on it, but continuing and expanding fed health care is the future.

The people turning away from insurance are doing the right thing. Insurance is the problem, not the solution. It has created many of the problems we're now trying to resolve. It's driven health care inflation through the roof and we've painted ourselves into a corner by over-insuring and destroying sane market motivations. We need less insurance, not more. You're targeting people for persecution because they don't agree with your preferred method of financing your health care expenses. What gives you the right to force your preferences on others for your own fucking convenience?

You can't fight city hall by simply not going along with it. You will hurt people, mainly your family, they will pay for your mistakes.

Then explain just how I save my family from paying for that One-Big-Assed-Mistake the libtard racists put into an office he should never have held? Not to mention a Legislature with their heads so far up their asses, they can't see their way clear to correct the horrific mistakes they've inflicted on my family. And now, the last line of defense, the Court, has gone completely around the bend and told Congress they can tax my family if the DON'T buy something. How am I supposed to protect my family from that kind of hurt?

If you read the opinion, Justice Roberts says it's only in very very very rare that it's allowed.

If you read the opinion, Justice Roberts says it's only in very very very rare that it's allowed.

I'll believe that fiction, certainly. The list of things this administration, all three branches, have guaranteed, promised, implied, or otherwise published in any way, is interminable.

Seriously. Slap fees on me. Go ahead. You will never see a dime you tyrannical clowns.

I take it you don't live in Massachusetts.

Or is it okay for a state to force you to buy health insurance?

Gee --- I thought the WHOLE REASON we needed the ACA was that there was 40 Million uninsured people out there that were TOO POOR to afford medical care and that medical care "is a right"..

Now -- all I see in this thread is lefties attacking dissenters as SELFISH because they won't pay? Which is it? Are the 40 Million mostly poor and deserving -- or are all those uninsureds moochers and selfish..

The point is (which has been dodged by and large) is that SOCIETY is gonna pick up the tab in part or in whole for MOST of those 40 million.. But you're gonna create a NEW POOL of uninsureds as in the OP who REFUSE to participate in a plan where those costs for the 40 million are piled unto them..

Oh it's a tax. But the fool you're talking about is Romney. He said "it's not a tax, it's a fee." I dare you to challenge me. I've got video :eusa_whistle:

Romney is worse than Obama. He started all of this in the first place.

And that was on a STATE level. BIG difference.

He seems to forget that in the USA according to the 10th amendment he says he supports States are allowed to do these things......

They are NOT putting people in jail for this. For fuck's sake. It's written INTO THE LAW that you can't be put in jail for non payment.

The errors and spin are atrocious as hell.

Heh.. ok..

BTW, I have this really lucrative investment opportunity you might be interested in. PM for details .... :D

Funny side note: Remember the old joke about buying up Florida swamp land?

Turns out it was a good deal. You drain the swamp, build a canal to the ocean, build houses along the canal and sell the homes as ocean front property.

Seriously. Slap fees on me. Go ahead. You will never see a dime you tyrannical clowns.

Sure! If you don't like it, move out of that state. If the voters of that state want to force it's citizens to buy health insurance, it's state business.

Sure! If you don't like it, move out of that state. If the voters of that state want to force it's citizens to buy health insurance, it's state business.
true, it's the State's business, but government forcing a citizen to pay a private insurer is the Government coercing the purchase of something from the private sector, whether it is the state government or the federal government, it is the government doing such. Yes the gvt will be there to help those who can't afford it....so to me, that is really not the issue...the issue bothersome to me is being forced to pay a private insurer....i could accept being forced to pay a Healthcare tax, similar to the Medicare tax, where the gvt runs the plan....but the part I don't like, at all...is being told that I have to buy insurance from only a "for profit, private business"...I was given no Public Option choice or Nonprofit organization choice....that just seems wrong to me....and I am a Democrat...(though registered as independent-no party).

I already buy and pay for insurance, and it is from a private insurance company, and with or without the ACA, I would still be buying health care insurance from a private company....so, truly no real harm done to me....except my concept of what living in the land of free means and what powers I thought Congress had with taxation....and coercing us in to a MUST BUY situation from the private sector for profit business, just does not sit well with me....that's why I would rather pay for a single payer program, where we can hire and fire the ceo's ala-the congressmen and senators running the show, if we don't like where it is going, through our election or removal of office.

but apparently, the SC didn't have a problem at all with us being coerced in to having to buy Private, for Profit, Insurance....? I still don't truly get it, but I guess I'll have to respect the opinion or lack of opinion by the SC, on the topic.

Last edited:
Gee --- I thought the WHOLE REASON we needed the ACA was that there was 40 Million uninsured people out there that were TOO POOR to afford medical care and that medical care "is a right"..

Too poor to buy health insurance, so we'll force them on pain of legal and criminal force to buy it.

Well, if you desire a nation of prisoners and wards of the state, you're right on target.

Too poor to buy health insurance, so we'll force them on pain of legal and criminal force to buy it.

Well, if you desire a nation of prisoners and wards of the state, you're right on target.
from what I've read, for a family of 4, making up to $88k, will get gvt assistance to help purchase their health insurance....not certain how it will work for those that do not have kids and where the cut offs on help occur.

And I also read that there are no provisions for sending someone to jail for not paying if they could afford it...they can withhold the penalty from the person's pay check...that's the max.

from what I've read, for a family of 4, making up to $88k, will get gvt assistance to help purchase their health insurance....not certain how it will work for those that do not have kids and where the cut offs on help occur.

And I also read that there are no provisions for sending someone to jail for not paying if they could afford it...they can withhold the penalty from the person's pay check...that's the max.

Exactly -- We're back to the massive TRANSFER of responsibility for covering the 40 Million that this whole ACA debate started out with.. Lefties on this thread calling those 40 million shiftless moochers now. Instead of the poor disenfranchised having their right to healthcare disenfranchised. As a lefty --- you either have to acknowledge that a LOT of those 40 million COULD afford to buy insurance but are selfish fools, or that the main result here is a massive transfer of wealth and responsibility is gonna occur with REAL TAX DOLLARS and forcing the states to kick in more... The "penalty" clause is just a distraction..

Forum List

Back