I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take any more

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Davef, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Davef

Davef Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Remember the movie Network? Well Congress succeeded in becoming the most worthless branch of government in our history. These people are corrupt, ignorant, abusive, abrasive, snobs who, once elected to office, become committed to clogging up the arteries of our government. Their goal is not to work together in order to make our country great but, rather keep the two party system at odds with one another and make sure that the President hits a road block at every turn.

We have a system that does not recruit the best and brightest for service to America but, rather the wealthiest who can affort to buy these lifetime jobs. It's time to throw the bums out and change the way we pay the people who work for us. We need to have a base pay system with a hansome bonus system tied to actual accomplishments during the year that are easily measured. This way, the wealthy, privilaged, spoiled, opinionated, out of touch people would not waste their time running. However, the best and brightest would hear the call to service and pick up the banner. These people would truly represent us with our best interests at heart for they would not have been put on the special interest payroll.

They would be required to always seek bi-partisan solutions to our most pressing issues. They should also be required to meet with the President to hash out differences before they are allowed to go home. No more holding our country hostage because of their stupid games. In order to earn their pension, they must show a career of accomplishment. No more freebies just because you happened to win an election. You must have to earn the honor of your position every day.

Your goals must be our goals. We put you there to protect our best interestes. No more once I get in, the rest of my time in service will be filled with keeping my seat. No more hiding the jumper cables. We must be allowed to have our engine started. To the US Congress: you are not our pride an joy, you represent the worst our country has to offer.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. tjvh

tjvh Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +916
    Response to highlight above^: I wholeheartedly disagree... Bi-partisanship ends when people desire ideological change which goes against the principles on which this nation was Founded. Sorry... When the majority kicks your ideology to the curb, your ability to further your agenda gets kicked as well.

3. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,305
  4. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,305
    As Senator McConnel stated, the only purpose of the GOP at present is to see that President Obama does not get re-elected. If they have to drive the nation into a Depression to do that, they don't care.

5. Meister

Meister VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,100
    Hmmmm, no toss up states, huh, Rox? That is damn funny, you need to take the best case scenario to prove your point. :lol:

6. flacaltenn

flacaltenn USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,344
    Davef ::

Welcome to the board... Hope you find it rewarding..

And although I share your frustration with the lack of principled leadership, I don't think we could incentivize "production" of better, more efficient governance. They don't NEED bonuses. They make their own out of stolen powers to meddle in the markets. And the people don't WANT bipartisian solutions that are less than efficient or effective. A bipartisian solution is like having a Vegetarian Thanksgiving. There's a lot of wasted money and effort and nobody's really thrilled at the stuff on the table.

For the most part -- the invisible hand of electorate tends to choose to BLOCK progress by voting in midterms to hobble the party in power. It's a learned reaction based on self-preservation and probably not even done conciously by most middle of the roaders.

The answer really is -- is to give politicians more shelter to DEFY their party leadership and not be squashed like a mosquito for resisting. This means lessening the power of the 2 major parties and PROMOTING 3rd party and sub-party organization.. The most purest of intentions soon mold over in DC once the politician meets their "leadership". They soon learn that those very few "leaders" are the real power, and the "voice of people" that brought them there --- means very little..

7. PredFan

PredFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,620
    By doing what? Methinks you are full of shit.

Well, the corrupt, ignorant, abusive and abrasive are the Democrats, if we vote them out then things will be better.

1. Good, Obama has no clue what he's doing and shouldn't be allowed to get anything passed.
    2. The Congress has passed several bi-partisan bills only to have them killed in the Senate by Harry Reid.

True.

Dream on.

Again, you are dreaming if you think that any politician on either side of the isle is going to do this to themselves.

You'd have much more credibility if you included the Senate in that.

The government is much more scary when one party controls the whole thing. You can just sit there and watch our money evaporate.

8. Flanders

Flanders ARCHCONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,575
    To Davef: I remember it well:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGIY5Vyj4YM&feature=player_embedded]I'm mad as Hell and I'm not going to take this anymore - YouTube[/ame]

Every time I see a preachy talking head on TV I think of this scene:

9. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,865
    Granny says, "Dat's right...

... we need to fire the whole kit n' kaboodle of `em...

... let dem stand inna unemployment line...

... like dey make ever'body else do...

... dat oughta make `em sit up an' take notice."
    :cool:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  10. flacaltenn

flacaltenn USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,344
    Actually Flanders... I might HATE ATT -- you might HATE EXXON. But having the world exist for free and open commerce is not a bad thing now is it?

I'm less threatened by ATT than by the UN or politicians in Iran.. That's for dam certain..