I'm conflicted

Sorry bout that,

My ex who I still live with is imo taking advantage of the system. I just found out she is geting medicade. She has been getting foodstamps for the last month or two and I'm beside myself.

I know many of you think I'm just a troll but I'm not and I'm floored. She knew how I felt from the beginning . I don't know if I should turn her in for fraud or just try to whither out of the picture.

Many of you have said I offer too much of my personal life but I can't help it. After my stint in prison I became an honest person. And quite frankly its much easier to get your advise on here than it it is to admit my shame in public.

I dunno what to do. I know what my beliefs tell me. But my heart is troubled. 8 years and I had no clue.

All Hail the Government titty. don't bite the hand that feeds you.

1. *Wrong*, that would be, 'Don't bite the tit that feeds you'.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

It could be both, she was fucking him to let her stay there for free. Now that's changed. She doesn't need his help as much so she's crossing her legs more often.

My guess would be to provide a stable environment for the daughter who has CP.

What stable environment for the daughter if the parents at yelling at each other all day?

I didn't read where they were yelling at each other all day long.

What stable environment for the daughter if the parents at yelling at each other all day?

Yep. If it that bad, it is counter productive. I don't see that though. I think that some things you just need to sit on, until you can approach it civilly. GMU did say that they did discuss it.

I understand.

But then why does he start this thread in the first place? asking if he should tell on her?

You see? that I don't get.

Another thing I don't get is why someone would bring a problem like this to a messageboard?

Doesn't anyone else find this a bit sleazy for GMU to be airing his (and his ex's) dirty laundry here?

What's more...................what if all YOU people were the subject of GMU's rant? Wouldn't you be a bit miffed that he's bringing a personal problem between you and he (if you were his ex) to a bunch of strangers on a messageboard?

I know that if I was living with an ex and they decided to bitch about me on a board, I'd be more than just a bit pissed.

My God, can you people project a little more? Even though you're all talking about Gramps, almost none of you are actually talking about GRAMPS. Most of you are talking about your own issues, your own failed relationships, your own personalities, just slathered all over Gramps and his life.

Some of you really need to get some therapy, spank your inner moppets, and move on.

I won't be turning anyone in. That's not who I am. I suspect in her mind she thought she was being helpful. Fact is there is no reason she couldn't be working. I can not be a part of this regardless if it is legal or not.
I can not have someone in my home using the system I often feel is wrong in its application.

Didn't you do a rant about someone else that lived with you using the system last year? I'm beginning to suspect you make all this up for some weird political reason. No one could be as much of a victim as you claim to be. :lol:

My ex who I still live with is imo taking advantage of the system. I just found out she is geting medicade. She has been getting foodstamps for the last month or two and I'm beside myself.

I know many of you think I'm just a troll but I'm not and I'm floored. She knew how I felt from the beginning . I don't know if I should turn her in for fraud or just try to whither out of the picture.

Many of you have said I offer too much of my personal life but I can't help it. After my stint in prison I became an honest person. And quite frankly its much easier to get your advise on here than it it is to admit my shame in public.

I dunno what to do. I know what my beliefs tell me. But my heart is troubled. 8 years and I had no clue.

I think it would be difficult to offer advice without knowing how her actions constitute fraud.

Is she getting Medicaid and Foodstamps even though she shouldn't qualify for them?

My understanding of the ACA is that the ceiling on Medicaid has been raised. So she might qualify under the new rules.

If she makes good enough money to get these things herself, then, yes, that is fraud. I don't know if I'd turn her in, though.

I think it would be difficult to offer advice without knowing how her actions constitute fraud.

Is she getting Medicaid and Foodstamps even though she shouldn't qualify for them?

My understanding of the ACA is that the ceiling on Medicaid has been raised. So she might qualify under the new rules.

If she makes good enough money to get these things herself, then, yes, that is fraud. I don't know if I'd turn her in, though.

Don't hold your breath I have raised salient, pointed issues and got nothing back from the OP.

Don't hold your breath I have raised salient, pointed issues and got nothing back from the OP.

I answered your first question and then moved on. I knew some crazy posts would come but this amout of conspiracy about me is laughable. Everything from a sex deprived old man to Ravis statement of ive done this before. Its absurd.

Its as simple as I don't want to be used as a vessel to abuse the system. That's it. I posted because I needed to vent. I was pissed. No better way to vent than to do it among people I don't have to live or work with. I got it out, frustration subsided and delt with it.

Sometimes things are no more complicated than they are despite others trying to add fuel to the fire.

This thread has been helpful despite the outrageous comments of some.

My question is are you also taking advantage of the system?

Because..................I mean..................you've actually got an ex living with you. What does she do, pay rent, or are you letting her live there out of the goodness of your heart?

Based on how you feel about others from what you've posted here, I doubt that it's because you're such a great guy. If there's not something in it for you, you generally don't participate.

Besides..................why should you care? Is she paying her half of the bills? If so, keep your nose out of where she gets her money.

Unless.......................of course..................you're pissed off at her and looking for a way to legally get her out of your life and cause her a bit of hassle at the same time.

Can you pay all the bills yourself?

I am a heartless bastard BUT.... since our divorce she pays no bills. I'm a sucker and her daughter who is 15 now has cp and is one of the beight spots in my life.

As to everyone asking how she is abusing the system. I dunno cause I don't know the law. But she lives under my roof and I easily pay for everything.

If her daughter is 15, with cerebral palsy, she may qualify for SSI and medicaid to help care for her medical expenses. Most family members of severely disabled children qualify for both. My daughter mentored a girl for several years with CP, and I was talking to the mom yesterday since her son wrestles with my son. She told me that she met with SSI folks a month ago and was told that her daughter has qualified for benefits for years to pay for medical and other related costs.

I don't really see the shame in getting help with taking care of a disabled child.

is she disabled ??if not it is fraud.

Blackmail her for sex.

Lol

We didn't have volatile issues. Just drifted appart.

THEN DRIFT HER ASS OUT THE FUCKING DOOR MAN... SHEEEEEEZUZ FREAKIN' CHRIST... WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE WHINING ABOUT IT?

Good God... you got FUCK ME tattooed on your forehead? NOBODY lives with their EX!

Get a freakin' CLUE... maaaaaaan... :eusa_hand:

Yanno..................if I don't like someone else enough to spend at least 1,500 to 3,000 dollars divorcing them, I'd call that a bit more than "drifting apart".

Divorce is expensive. I know, I've had one.
That's a dirt cheap divorce.

Damn, if only mine could have cost that much (5 digits), and even worse, if my fiance's could have cost that much (6 digits, close to 7...no shit).

Nice.

Forum List

Back