I'm conflicted

THEN DRIFT HER ASS OUT THE FUCKING DOOR MAN... SHEEEEEEZUZ FREAKIN' CHRIST... WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE WHINING ABOUT IT?

Good God... you got FUCK ME tattooed on your forehead? NOBODY lives with their EX!

Get a freakin' CLUE... maaaaaaan... :eusa_hand:

Yanno..................if I don't like someone else enough to spend at least 1,500 to 3,000 dollars divorcing them, I'd call that a bit more than "drifting apart".

Divorce is expensive. I know, I've had one.
I've had two divorces and neither of them cost me a dime. They were both "no fault" and simply signed by a judge.

XXXX

I wonder if he's "conflicted" because she actually has some kind of money coming in, and he is no longer the one holding all the purse strings (and hence, the control).

Some people get pissy when the start to lose control over another.

Yanno..................if I don't like someone else enough to spend at least 1,500 to 3,000 dollars divorcing them, I'd call that a bit more than "drifting apart".

Divorce is expensive. I know, I've had one.
I've had two divorces and neither of them cost me a dime. They were both "no fault" and simply signed by a judge.

XXXX

I wonder if he's "conflicted" because she actually has some kind of money coming in, and he is no longer the one holding all the purse strings (and hence, the control).

Could be... could be she needs less hand outs from him so he feels like he's losing his grip... could be anything... but he's LETTING this broad sponge of him for a reason, and it sure the hell isn't just because "he's a nice guy," bull shit. There's something he's not admitting...

Actually, I pay rent and bills, and live on the benefits that I earned while serving 20 years in the U.S. Navy, which is my military pension.

No, I don't get any other benefits, even though I could probably qualify. I have enough to eat, a roof over my head, a shower to get clean in, and cable tv and internet to keep me entertained.

And yeah......................there have been a couple of times in my life where I was offered the chance to be a kept man, but allowing someone else that amount of control over my life is something I'd never want to do. Why? Because if someone else holds the purse strings, it's too easy for them to have control over your life.

I prefer to remain free.

It's pretty obvious that you are venting frustrations, with good reason, on someone unrelated to it. You are projecting a lot, without knowing the facts. There was not enough information given, to support your assessment. My advice to GMU, he has done already. It is, talk to her first. Then decide, what direction to go. I would Not Ever recommend Reporting Someone in Your Household to the Government. If you must, distance yourself.

Actually, I'm trying to understand why someone would divorce another person, yet continue to live with them. Yeah.............in cases where I've "drifted apart" from another person, it meant that I didn't want to be with them anymore, which means that because of the way I view the world, I wouldn't continue to live with them after a divorce.

And, based on the posts that GMU has stated on this thread, he's conflicted because she's not living according to the way he views the world.

Sounds like control issues to me.

I agree.

So that's why I asked before if he lives in a very big , huge house where he doesn't have to see her.. which I doubt very much, sadly... oh well

because to have to see her face at every corner it must be hell... still...he insists on sharing accommodation with the enemy ...oh well

What a fruitcake Grampa is. :(

Last edited:

XXXX

Could be... could be she needs less hand outs from him so he feels like he's losing his grip... could be anything... but he's LETTING this broad sponge of him for a reason, and it sure the hell isn't just because "he's a nice guy," bull shit. There's something he's not admitting...

On this I'm pretty sure you're spot on. He's gotta be getting something out of this. I wonder if sex was the issue, and now that she's getting assistance, she's slammed the door on the sex train?

On this I'm pretty sure you're spot on. He's gotta be getting something out of this. I wonder if sex was the issue, and now that she's getting assistance, she's slammed the door on the sex train?

Sadly..I don't think is sex.

I think is money :( sad sad sad

Actually, I pay rent and bills, and live on the benefits that I earned while serving 20 years in the U.S. Navy, which is my military pension.

No, I don't get any other benefits, even though I could probably qualify. I have enough to eat, a roof over my head, a shower to get clean in, and cable tv and internet to keep me entertained.

And yeah......................there have been a couple of times in my life where I was offered the chance to be a kept man, but allowing someone else that amount of control over my life is something I'd never want to do. Why? Because if someone else holds the purse strings, it's too easy for them to have control over your life.

I prefer to remain free.

It's pretty obvious that you are venting frustrations, with good reason, on someone unrelated to it. You are projecting a lot, without knowing the facts. There was not enough information given, to support your assessment. My advice to GMU, he has done already. It is, talk to her first. Then decide, what direction to go. I would Not Ever recommend Reporting Someone in Your Household to the Government. If you must, distance yourself.

Actually, I'm trying to understand why someone would divorce another person, yet continue to live with them. Yeah.............in cases where I've "drifted apart" from another person, it meant that I didn't want to be with them anymore, which means that because of the way I view the world, I wouldn't continue to live with them after a divorce.

And, based on the posts that GMU has stated on this thread, he's conflicted because she's not living according to the way he views the world.

In my area it's not that uncommon for Divorced People to share the same household. Sometimes, it's about money, sometimes it's about how the system treats people with serious illnesses. I have a close friend with MS. She tried to get her husband to divorce her, to protect a lifetimes worth of assets, including the house. Of course he refused, he is a good Soul. They are roughing it out, and I think part of the strategy is to work such long hours just to avoid the bitching. She can be ruthless. ;) It's harder, as the disease progresses. :( They grow them very tough in Woodside.

In my area it's not that uncommon for Divorced People to share the same household. Sometimes, it's about money, sometimes it's about how the system treats people with serious illnesses. I have a close friend with MS. She tried to get her husband to divorce her, to protect a lifetimes worth of assets, including the house. Of course he refused, he is a good Soul. They are roughing it out, and I think part of the strategy is to work such long hours just to avoid the bitching. She can be ruthless. ;) It's harder, as the disease progresses. :( They grow them very tough in Woodside.

The only problem with the example you submitted Intense, is that in GMU's case, he's divorced, and in the case you presented here, the husband refused to divorce her.

They're still married, GMU ain't.

It could be both, she was fucking him to let her stay there for free. Now that's changed. She doesn't need his help as much so she's crossing her legs more often.

Last edited:
If Grampa didn not had problems with sex..he would have never posted this in the first place,

It's money...I think :(

The only problem with the example you submitted Intense, is that in GMU's case, he's divorced, and in the case you presented here, the husband refused to divorce her.

Yep. Just pointing out that there are a host of reasons why people do actually get divorced, and yet stay together. GMU and his Ex, plainly have dependency issues and do rely on each other. There has plainly got to be Something that she is contributing to the equation. That is between him and her. The Daughter, is another factor, which will be effected by whatever action, right? This is a think before you act, thing. I credit him for providing a stable environment for her. At this point I'm not questioning motive. I'm also big on Liberty, and know it goes hand in hand with personal responsibility.

Yep. Just pointing out that there are a host of reasons why people do actually get divorced, and yet stay together. GMU and his Ex, plainly have dependency issues and do rely on each other. There has plainly got to be Something that she is contributing to the equation. That is between him and her. The Daughter, is another factor, which will be effected by whatever action, right? This is a think before you act, thing. I credit him for providing a stable environment for her. At this point I'm not questioning motive. I'm also big on Liberty, and know it goes hand in hand with personal responsibility.

Yes I agree,

So they are friends then.

And so why is he complaining so bitterly?

It could be both, she was fucking him to let her stay there for free. Now that's changed. She doesn't need his help as much so she's crossing her legs more often.

My guess would be to provide a stable environment for the daughter who has CP.

What stable environment for the daughter if the parents at yelling at each other all day?

What stable environment for the daughter if the parents at yelling at each other all day?

Yep. If it that bad, it is counter productive. I don't see that though. I think that some things you just need to sit on, until you can approach it civilly. GMU did say that they did discuss it.

Sorry bout that,

1. I think Gramps secretly wants his ex back, but doesn't want to admit it to himself, or his ex, and he is mad she is using him as a place to land while she doesn't feel the same about him, so there is the *conflict*, he loves her, but she's using him, and she has no feelings about stoking up the old days again, adding to it he feels cheapened because she is also using the welfare system, which now he feels equal to or made on the same level, which sickens him.
2. My advice is for Gramps to tell her he's ready to re-marry, and see how that floats with her, if she's good with that then *problem solved*.
3. If she isn't good with it, then she needs to hit the road again.
4. That will be two hundred dollars, pay into my pay-pal account!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yep. If it that bad, it is counter productive. I don't see that though. I think that some things you just need to sit on, until you can approach it civilly. GMU did say that they did discuss it.

I understand.

But then why does he start this thread in the first place? asking if he should tell on her?

You see? that I don't get.

I understand.

But then why does he start this thread in the first place? asking if he should tell on her?

Because some people are not happy unless they something to complain about, some quandary to resolve,or some contrived moral issue to garner attention and support over. The answers are abundantly clear, he has very few choices.

My ex who I still live with is imo taking advantage of the system. I just found out she is geting medicade. She has been getting foodstamps for the last month or two and I'm beside myself.

I know many of you think I'm just a troll but I'm not and I'm floored. She knew how I felt from the beginning . I don't know if I should turn her in for fraud or just try to whither out of the picture.

Many of you have said I offer too much of my personal life but I can't help it. After my stint in prison I became an honest person. And quite frankly its much easier to get your advise on here than it it is to admit my shame in public.

I dunno what to do. I know what my beliefs tell me. But my heart is troubled. 8 years and I had no clue.

All Hail the Government titty. don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Sorry bout that,

I understand.

Because some people are not happy unless they something to complain about, some quandary to resolve,or some contrived moral issue to garner attention and support over. The answers are abundantly clear, he has very few choices.

1. Yes we know now, the two chocies I just went over, thank you.:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

I understand.

1. Yes we know now, the two chocies I just went over, thank you.:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I was not speaking of your options

Forum List

Back