I'm conflicted

This is fun.

Should be easy. If you are against public assistance..then don't benefit from it.

But as with so many people who are conservative, they don't have a problem damning others..but when it's someone they know..it's okay..or they are "conflicted".

Like Michelle Bachmann yammering on about "pork" then getting a big fat gubmint check for her family's farm.

Sheesh..gotta love it.

He didn't ask you for your political rant. . We get that every day from you. He asked as a human being for some advice because he's conflicted. Note the compassionate liberals kicking someone when they're already down. I'm so tired of all of the hatred here on this forum. SATAN himself is jealous.. Some of you put him to shame. We expect our Leaders to reach across the aisle and compromise and yet so many here do NOTHING but troll this forum looking to sling sheer vile and venom. I'm done with it and I'm done with those who do it. There use to be common courtesy in our nation. If I can make the effort to change, anyone can. Let me edit to add that I don't think you are one of the worst offenders Sallow. Most of the time you're a pretty decent person.

My "rant" is political because the board is political.

And Gramps was willing to vote for a guy who showed a great deal of animosity toward people like the woman who lives with him.

Personally? I believe in public assistance..

People live long and storied lives. You may not have a job for some of it. And through those rough patches help is needed.

And when folks want to cut off that help..to me..it's pretty mean.

And that "meaness" becomes even more acute..when it's only people they "don't know" they want it cut off from.

He didn't ask you for political advice.. He asked you for personal advice. I'm sure we're all hypocritical in one form or another in our lives.. EVERY ONE of us at some point. When a person is in need, IT ISN'T ABOUT YOU.

My ex who I still live with is imo taking advantage of the system. I just found out she is geting medicade. She has been getting foodstamps for the last month or two and I'm beside myself.

I know many of you think I'm just a troll but I'm not and I'm floored. She knew how I felt from the beginning . I don't know if I should turn her in for fraud or just try to whither out of the picture.

Many of you have said I offer too much of my personal life but I can't help it. After my stint in prison I became an honest person. And quite frankly its much easier to get your advise on here than it it is to admit my shame in public.

I dunno what to do. I know what my beliefs tell me. But my heart is troubled. 8 years and I had no clue.

Of course you should turn her in. It's due to theft like hers that people who really need assitance often times can't get it and she is part of the reason why so many are against giving help to people at all. Also, if you know she is committing fraud, and you don't report her, you are just as guilty as she is.

He didn't ask you for your political rant. . We get that every day from you. He asked as a human being for some advice because he's conflicted. Note the compassionate liberals kicking someone when they're already down. I'm so tired of all of the hatred here on this forum. SATAN himself is jealous.. Some of you put him to shame. We expect our Leaders to reach across the aisle and compromise and yet so many here do NOTHING but troll this forum looking to sling sheer vile and venom. I'm done with it and I'm done with those who do it. There use to be common courtesy in our nation. If I can make the effort to change, anyone can. Let me edit to add that I don't think you are one of the worst offenders Sallow. Most of the time you're a pretty decent person.

And Gramps was willing to vote for a guy who showed a great deal of animosity toward people like the woman who lives with him.

People live long and storied lives. You may not have a job for some of it. And through those rough patches help is needed.

And that "meaness" becomes even more acute..when it's only people they "don't know" they want it cut off from.

He didn't ask you for political advice.. He asked you for personal advice. I'm sure we're all hypocritical in one form or another in our lives.. EVERY ONE of us at some point. When a person is in need, IT ISN'T ABOUT YOU.

It's about him.

He should "man up" and help her with his own funds.

Walk the walk.

My ex who I still live with is imo taking advantage of the system. I just found out she is geting medicade. She has been getting foodstamps for the last month or two and I'm beside myself.

I know many of you think I'm just a troll but I'm not and I'm floored. She knew how I felt from the beginning . I don't know if I should turn her in for fraud or just try to whither out of the picture.

Many of you have said I offer too much of my personal life but I can't help it. After my stint in prison I became an honest person. And quite frankly its much easier to get your advise on here than it it is to admit my shame in public.

I dunno what to do. I know what my beliefs tell me. But my heart is troubled. 8 years and I had no clue.

Of course you should turn her in. It's due to theft like hers that people who really need assitance often times can't get it and she is part of the reason why so many are against giving help to people at all. Also, if you know she is committing fraud, and you don't report her, you are just as guilty as she is.

are they legally divorced?
was he ordered to pay for her health care?
was he ordered to pay support?

do you think their living conditions alter the legalities of the situation?

for the recordi don't have any opinion on this. there are too many unknown facts.

In this case, I see no hypocrisy. It's not Gramps who's "benefitting". His ex is, and I have no idea what HER political views of assistance are. As far as I can understand it, the possibility of fraud is because Gramps isn't SUPPOSED to be benefitting in any way, which makes it important to know what the ex told the welfare people about his presence in the home.

As an aside, how shocked am I that Sallow is an utter and complete jerk who is incapable of putting the politics aside to be a decent human being? Excuse me while I DON'T have a heart attack and die from the "surprise" of finding out that Sallow is unable to be anything but a hateful ass.

How did you find out?? Did she tell you?? Is she really guilty of fraud or does she need this benefit??

Believe it or not, as liberal as I am, I don't want to pay for people that try to cheat the system. Worked too hard for too many years to give my money away to scammers. But I don't mind helping people that really need it. So be sure before you take any action.

Grampa Murked U

First: Leave it to Karma to take revenge of her fraud ! :cool: Karma never fails to make things right at the end! :D

Second: Do you live in a really big house with her? But I mean really, really,really big????Like huge?????

If not .... move out! :dunno:

Why did you go to prison?

Last edited:

When you say you know what your beliefs tell you I think you have your answer already. Go ahead and move out. God will deal with her in due time. I would definitely not turn her in.

I don't believe Christians were called to "police others", you know? You've been to prison by your own admission. You know what that is all about. Let the LORD deal with her heart but I would let her know why you are moving out as I take it you are a room mate and renting a room there, not her partner any longer, right?

By telling her the truth ( not in a judgmental way but in love ) you will be doing her a favor. Maybe she doesn't even see it. You never know. I wish you the best. Remember that your place is not to judge her but to do what is right before God and move on with your life. Pray for her. That is all you can do. - Jeremiah

Honest advice:

Talk to her about it. Find out why she's taking benefits. Have a discussion about it.
Nothing is ever black and white.

Yes.

And she doesn't listen...let her face the consequences....in this life or the next! :D

Because pay she will.

Why did you go to prison?

Juvenile delenquency. I was certified as an adult at 16 and sent.

Anyhow back to the topic. The home is mine and I allowed her to stay after the divorce to try to give her a chance to stabilize financially. The house was plenty large enough and it seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

After work today I had a talk with her and suggested it was time for her to move on with her life. I can see now I was a crutch and was enabling her to stagnate.

Things are pretty stressful right now but I appreciate the advice from everyone.

Forum List

Back