I'm conflicted

Gramps, from what I can gather it sounds like your ex applied for SSDI for her daughter, which generally includes medicaid and probably receives food stamps on behalf of her daughter.
Find out if this is the case.

So.......................if you would have liked help, don't you think that Karma is asking if you'd offer the same if presented with the opportunity?

I know if I could, I would.

After 6 years I thought I was. No bills dude. A free ride then to find this out was like a slap in the face of my kindness.

So.................either (a) you're a coward who can't face up to the fact that a relationship is broken, no matter how much you try to buy it, or (b) you're a control freak who thinks that everything has to run according to your rules.

How much of a pain is it to live with a bastard like you?

ABS-I think you're reading this all wrong......................................................................................................................................................... :mad:

So.......................if you would have liked help, don't you think that Karma is asking if you'd offer the same if presented with the opportunity?

I know if I could, I would.

After 6 years I thought I was. No bills dude. A free ride then to find this out was like a slap in the face of my kindness.

So.................either (a) you're a coward who can't face up to the fact that a relationship is broken, no matter how much you try to buy it, or (b) you're a control freak who thinks that everything has to run according to your rules.

Judging others based on ideology is easy huh

ABS-I think you're reading this all wrong......................................................................................................................................................... :mad:

Based on his posts from previous readings, I really don't think so.

He's a control freak or a pain in the ass.

I'm guessing that from your defense of him, you are as well.

Fuck you too.

Ideology is easy for judging people.............yeah......

Why?

It exposes how you think. Most people post how they really are on a messageboard because there is some semblance of anonymity.

You expose yourself the most when you think you are seen the least.

Remember Mittens and his 47 percent comment to a bunch of rich people?

Fuck you too.

that seems like a bit of an over reaction.............

Nope.................not an over reaction................just the way I feel.

I really don't like control freaks or greedy people.

Ideology is easy for judging people.............yeah......

Why?

It exposes how you think. Most people post how they really are on a messageboard because there is some semblance of anonymity.

You expose yourself the most when you think you are seen the least.

Remember Mittens and his 47 percent comment to a bunch of rich people?

What the fuck are you talking about? My previous posts? Because I don't like Obama I'm a control freak?

GTFO

Nope.................not an over reaction................just the way I feel.

I really don't like control freaks or greedy people.

Well that's odd I guess I just tend to ignore people I don't like , and that would include ignoring posters on a message board that I don't like.

Sailor you and I have a history. You obviously can't let go. Shame, I thought we were both adults when the pavement meets the road.

Sailor you and I have a history. You obviously can't let go. Shame, I thought we were both adults when the pavement meets the road.

Really? We have a "history"?

You're not anything more than phosphor dots on a computer screen which comes from a messageboard that I happen to frequent.

Obviously, I don't know you.

Nor do I care to know you. You sound like a world class asshole.

Really? We have a "history"?

You're not anything more than phosphor dots on a computer screen which comes from a messageboard that I happen to frequent.

Obviously, I don't know you.

Nor do I care to know you. You sound like a world class asshole.

If you say so. I guess I over estimated you're ability to be reasonable.

You asked fair questions. I answered. And you gave me your assessment.

Goodbye

My ex who I still live with is imo taking advantage of the system. I just found out she is geting medicade. She has been getting foodstamps for the last month or two and I'm beside myself.

I know many of you think I'm just a troll but I'm not and I'm floored. She knew how I felt from the beginning . I don't know if I should turn her in for fraud or just try to whither out of the picture.

Many of you have said I offer too much of my personal life but I can't help it. After my stint in prison I became an honest person. And quite frankly its much easier to get your advise on here than it it is to admit my shame in public.

I dunno what to do. I know what my beliefs tell me. But my heart is troubled. 8 years and I had no clue.

My question is are you also taking advantage of the system?

Because..................I mean..................you've actually got an ex living with you. What does she do, pay rent, or are you letting her live there out of the goodness of your heart?

Based on how you feel about others from what you've posted here, I doubt that it's because you're such a great guy. If there's not something in it for you, you generally don't participate.

Besides..................why should you care? Is she paying her half of the bills? If so, keep your nose out of where she gets her money.

Unless.......................of course..................you're pissed off at her and looking for a way to legally get her out of your life and cause her a bit of hassle at the same time.

Can you pay all the bills yourself?

I am a heartless bastard BUT.... since our divorce she pays no bills. I'm a sucker and her daughter who is 15 now has cp and is one of the beight spots in my life.

As to everyone asking how she is abusing the system. I dunno cause I don't know the law. But she lives under my roof and I easily pay for everything.

Doesn't mean she's committing fraud. It's allowable to share a house with another adult who is not your spouse or partner and still get assistance, provided your food purchasing and preparation are separate (for food stamps), and you are in no way eligible for health insurance through them (for Medicaid). After that, it's really just a matter of what information she actually gave them. If, for example, she told them that she pays part of the bills, or pays rent or a mortgage, and she actually contributes nothing financially to the household, then that would be fraud.

Good luck finding out what she told them, though.

Fuck you too.

Defend him from what?

What a gentleman you are! :lol:

Last edited:
Gramps.. First, I hope in the future you don't air your personal details. Some people here will use it against you. Not everyone has a heart like your own and tries to do the right thing. There are some here who are ate up with HATE, sheer RAGE.

This is a woman you've been with for 8 years. You should be able to discuss this with her and not jump to any conclusions. She deserves the benefit of the doubt as someone you love, not threats of turning her in, etc. Only you can decide if your relationship is a true and honest one.

This is fun.

Should be easy. If you are against public assistance..then don't benefit from it.

But as with so many people who are conservative, they don't have a problem damning others..but when it's someone they know..it's okay..or they are "conflicted".

Like Michelle Bachmann yammering on about "pork" then getting a big fat gubmint check for her family's farm.

Sheesh..gotta love it.

This is fun.

Should be easy. If you are against public assistance..then don't benefit from it.

But as with so many people who are conservative, they don't have a problem damning others..but when it's someone they know..it's okay..or they are "conflicted".

Like Michelle Bachmann yammering on about "pork" then getting a big fat gubmint check for her family's farm.

Sheesh..gotta love it.

He didn't ask you for your political rant. . We get that every day from you. He asked as a human being for some advice because he's conflicted. Note the compassionate liberals kicking someone when they're already down. I'm so tired of all of the hatred here on this forum. SATAN himself is jealous.. Some of you put him to shame. We expect our Leaders to reach across the aisle and compromise and yet so many here do NOTHING but troll this forum looking to sling sheer vile and venom. I'm done with it and I'm done with those who do it. There use to be common courtesy in our nation. If I can make the effort to change, anyone can. Let me edit to add that I don't think you are one of the worst offenders Sallow. Most of the time you're a pretty decent person.

Last edited:
My ex who I still live with is imo taking advantage of the system. I just found out she is geting medicade. She has been getting foodstamps for the last month or two and I'm beside myself.

I know many of you think I'm just a troll but I'm not and I'm floored. She knew how I felt from the beginning . I don't know if I should turn her in for fraud or just try to whither out of the picture.

Many of you have said I offer too much of my personal life but I can't help it. After my stint in prison I became an honest person. And quite frankly its much easier to get your advise on here than it it is to admit my shame in public.

I dunno what to do. I know what my beliefs tell me. But my heart is troubled. 8 years and I had no clue.

Find out the facts. If she is defrauding the system and you are not prepared to kick her to the curb, hire a lawyer for her and insist that she turn herself in.

If she isn't, get off of your high horse and allow this nation to do one of the jobs that a nation must do......care for it's citizens.

This is fun.

Sheesh..gotta love it.

He didn't ask you for your political rant. . We get that every day from you. He asked as a human being for some advice because he's conflicted. Note the compassionate liberals kicking someone when they're already down. I'm so tired of all of the hatred here on this forum. SATAN himself is jealous.. Some of you put him to shame. We expect our Leaders to reach across the aisle and compromise and yet so many here do NOTHING but troll this forum looking to sling sheer vile and venom. I'm done with it and I'm done with those who do it. There use to be common courtesy in our nation. If I can make the effort to change, anyone can. Let me edit to add that I don't think you are one of the worst offenders Sallow. Most of the time you're a pretty decent person.

My "rant" is political because the board is political.

And Gramps was willing to vote for a guy who showed a great deal of animosity toward people like the woman who lives with him.

Personally? I believe in public assistance..

People live long and storied lives. You may not have a job for some of it. And through those rough patches help is needed.

And when folks want to cut off that help..to me..it's pretty mean.

And that "meaness" becomes even more acute..when it's only people they "don't know" they want it cut off from.

Forum List

Back