I'm actually considering marriage

Depends on which Fox News show he’s watching. The serious ones say the economy is great. Stock market too. Inflation coming down. But not on hannity
I'm not a fan of cable news and neither is my girlfriend. We would rather watch a movie, attend a concert or a sporting event.

After a couple months of dating a wonderful woman I am finally considering marriage. I've sowed my wild oats and at 34 I think it may be time to settle down and raise a family. She and I share many common interests and both of us have good careers. I am finally going to meet her parents as we are invited for dinner at their home. I hope to make a good impression.
Not being able to imagine your life without her is a good reason to marry. But also be sure that your religious, political, socioeconomic views are compatible with each other, that you agree on the topic of having children and how to raise them, all the issues that are very important to you. Passion quickly fades when there are too many serious irritants within a relationship and the wise person does not push those aside thinking they'll get fixed later.

But if this woman is indeed your person for the rest of your mutual lifetimes, good for you both.

Not being able to imagine your life without her is a good reason to marry. But also be sure that your religious, political, socioeconomic views are compatible with each other, that you agree on the topic of having children and how to raise them, all the issues that are very important to you. Passion quickly fades when there are too many serious irritants within a relationship and the wise person does not push those aside thinking they'll get fixed later.

But if this woman is indeed your person for the rest of your mutual lifetimes, good for you both.
We both have good careers but also would like to have children. I will let her decide when it is the right time to raise a family.

After a couple months of dating a wonderful woman I am finally considering marriage. I've sowed my wild oats and at 34 I think it may be time to settle down and raise a family. She and I share many common interests and both of us have good careers. I am finally going to meet her parents as we are invited for dinner at their home. I hope to make a good impression.
Marriage is a great thing. I been married 3 times now. Every time in the court house because I was too poor for a wedding. My current wife had previous marriages as well and kids from those marriages. Contrary to popular belief you don't need a lot money or a great career to get married and raise kids. My wife raised her kids through government money and lived in housing provided by the government. I didn't bother with the meet the parents part of it either and could care less if they approved of me or not. Each time I took my future wife to the courthouse and got married on the spot without letting anyone knowing or getting anyone's permission. They didn't like it? Tough. On my 3rd marriage now with my 3rd wife. Glad your getting married it is a wonderful adventure.

Marriage is a great adventure, you won't regret it and will be great. I am on my 3rd wife now, don't know if it will be forever... but I am always game for a 4th wife in my life if things don't work out in the next few years.

Last edited:
Marriage is a great thing. I been married 3 times now. Every time in the court house because I was too poor for a wedding. My current wife had previous marriages as well and kids from those marriages. Contrary to popular belief you don't need a lot money or a great career to get married and raise kids. My wife raised her kids through government money and lived in housing provided by the government. I didn't bother with the meet the parents part of it either and could care less if they approved of me or not. Each time I took my future wife to the courthouse and got married on the spot without letting anyone knowing or getting anyone's permission. They didn't like it? Tough. On my 3rd marriage now with my 3rd wife. Glad your getting married it is a wonderful adventure.

Marriage is a great adventure, you won't regret it and will be great. I am on my 3rd wife now, don't know if it will be forever... but I am always game for a 4th wife in my life if things don't work out in the next few years.
I don't think your argument for marriage sounds so good? Are you joking? lol

Like Rupert Murdoch.

Forum List

Back