I'm actually considering marriage

Considering marriage?

Is that why you have like 4 or 5 separate threads on women on the main page at once instead of just having an all encompassing thread?

A couple months? That's not nearly long enough. Well for me atleast.

Took me almost 40 years to find a woman that I liked enough for more than 3 dates. And then we dated for 2 years, she lived with me for 2 years, then we got married and have been married for 6 years.

Then again ever since I was a little boy id always been good on my own. Only had a few close friends and had no desire to just have someone. But when I found her we knew it was a good match and waited a while to be sure.

More often than not it's a bad deal for guys.
To me a woman is like having a condo in Florida. Seriously. $100,000 to buy her (ring and wedding and honeymoon) and about $5000 a year in bills. And this is minimum! That’s a cheap one who pulls her weight even after the baby is born.

My brother has a good wife. She wants to work 2-3 days a week and her profession loves part timers who don’t need health insurance and can cover when full timers go on vacation. This is oversimplifying it but for each day she works she makes $10k a year. So if she works 3 days she makes $30k a year. I’ve been saying that for 20 years so it’s probably more than that. But you get the point. She contributes.

And if something happens to my brother she’s not fucked. smart woman.

It’s so funny we know one of the owners of dominion. As successful as my brother is, probably $15mill, he’s got nothing on our friend who’s one of the chief officers at dominion. Fox paid.

After a couple months of dating a wonderful woman I am finally considering marriage. I've sowed my wild oats and at 34 I think it may be time to settle down and raise a family. She and I share many common interests and both of us have good careers. I am finally going to meet her parents as we are invited for dinner at their home. I hope to make a good impression.
the biggest downside to waiting till your that age is youve cheated yourself out of a life with your grandchildren,,

if your kids wait till the same age did you will be in your 70s when your grandchildren are born and you wont have much of a life with them,, or them with you,,

You're very romantic
Romantic, or thinking with your heart/penis, is what gets a lot of guys into trouble. Yes, I probably over thought my way out of marriages but that’s probably good. Better before I say I do. Or 2 days before the wedding with 2nd thoughts.

We have been forced to think selfishly. We’ve been told don’t count on social security being there. So think rationally. It made sense for boomers to get married but you better want to sink a boat load into kids to get married because that’s what it’s all about. Soccer games? Ew

the biggest downside to waiting till your that age is youve cheated yourself out of a life with your grandchildren,,

if your kids wait till the same age did you will be in your 70s when your grandchildren are born and you wont have much of a life with them,, or them with you,,
My 94 year old uncle would disagree

The average marriage lasts 8 years. Good luck.

And then they say “at least I have my kid from that failed marriage” That’s true but now you’re contributing to our fatherlessness problem.

And I can’t imagine having to go to sleep in a house that my kids aren’t in. But uncle Billy has sleepovers with mommy

Forum List

Back