I'm a Liberal and Herman Cain Scares Me

I think Cain make a fine GOP contenter.

His POV resonates with a lot of conservatives.

I won't vote for him, but so what?

That is, if anything, proof of his conservative bono fides.

Your choice between Obama and Cain would be Obama?

There is a chance that Cain would be an abject failure in his effort to govern while we know that to be a certainty with the Big 0.

Why would you choose the certainty of failure over the possibility of failure?

You presume to tell me for whom I will vote in 2012?:lol:

If the choice is between Obama and Cain and you will not vote for Cain?

Am I telling you something you did not tell me?

Your choice between Obama and Cain would be Obama?

There is a chance that Cain would be an abject failure in his effort to govern while we know that to be a certainty with the Big 0.

Why would you choose the certainty of failure over the possibility of failure?

You realize that failure is judged on entirely different scales for different people right?

Where Obama has failed in my eyes, is because he hasn't been liberal enough. He's been a right leaning centrist for the most part with the few exceptions of civil liberties he's decided to pursue. Still, in many regards he never held up his end of the bargain on his campaign promises. We voted him in, he failed to enact the changes he said he would.

My rating of failure for Obama doesn't have "ruining the economy" and/or "destroying America" anywhere on it.

If people lose faith in Obama it does not guarantee they're on your side. Given a choice between Cain and Obama I would most definitely choose Obama again. With all the statements Cain has said and his lack of true grasp of all the issues, I'm going to just have to go with Obama again.

Fact... did you know that Cain has been studying up on foreign policy for months? MONTHS man, MONTHS! He's like some kind of super candidate on foreign policy!

Liberals are liberals

They look at challenges and develop creative solutions to meet them. Conservatives will drag their feet and defend the status quo.

235 years ago we were a bunch of dirt farmers. We were what would be called third world today. To pretend we can use the same solutions today that were needed 235 years ago is ridiculous

your use of the word liberal is simplistic, at best

The liberal of today would best to be compared to "liberal helping" of other's things

However, if it makes you feel better to believe they are same
I will not take away your delusion

Liberals are constantly evolving to meet evolving challenges. To assume that a liberal of 235 years ago would have identical beliefs to a liberal today is utterly simplistic

Conservatives of 235 years ago supported a royal class structure......You want to hold today's conservatives to the same standard?

The ideas of the founding fathers have not changed or for that matter the ideas not supported by the founding fathers

Only what people prefer to call themselves is evolving
The left today has devolved from the Classical Liberalism

To assume people called liberal 235 years ago are the same as people called liberal today is utterly simplistic
and a feeble attempt to "justify" the historical failures of the left.

The liberals of today support very little of the founding fathers

Your definition of conservative is limited as well
Unless of course you mean conservatives are trying to get back to what we once were
under the limits of the Constitution- in that sense they are trying to "hold on"

If anyone is trying to hold on to the status quo
it would be the left:

The central authority (government) knows best, rather than individuals.
The government should take care of me (no personal responsibility).
The government should make the rationing (balancing) decisions between supply and demand rather than letting the market do that.

Last edited:
Herman does sort of dress like a pimp...

herman-cain-and-hat.jpg

It's been about 100 years since we elected a man with a mustache.

We've never elected one with a Pimp Hat.

Not looking good for Squirmin' Herman.

I almost want Herb to get the nomination even though Bible Spice :tinfoil: said that he was "the flavor of the week" :D

Palin: 'Herb' Cain is 'flavor of the week' - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
All of a sudden Black Walnut sounds perverted. Squirmin' Herman is a creep.

Black Walnut busted a nut, and it took a while too because Black Walnut is a tough nut to crack.

What people don't appreciate is that Herman Cain is a job creator! He gave this woman a job!

20111107003739clipboard.png

And he really gave this couple a job.

20111107004003clipboard.png

Last edited:
groupthink. Below is a couple links just for you that will put a smile on that statusy face of yours...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_uC0wy_O90&feature=player_embedded]Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia - A Poster Comparison - YouTube[/ame]

Galatians 4: Left Wing And Right Wing: It's All a Big Lie!

I am paralyzed with fear of a strong, black conservative voice.

Please don't nominate this man, nothing scares me and my fellow liberal cohorts more.

If he is nominated he will surely win all 57 states and Israel.

your use of the word liberal is simplistic, at best

The liberal of today would best to be compared to "liberal helping" of other's things

However, if it makes you feel better to believe they are same
I will not take away your delusion

Liberals are constantly evolving to meet evolving challenges. To assume that a liberal of 235 years ago would have identical beliefs to a liberal today is utterly simplistic

Conservatives of 235 years ago supported a royal class structure......You want to hold today's conservatives to the same standard?

The ideas of the founding fathers have not changed or for that matter the ideas not supported by the founding fathers

To assume people called liberal 235 years ago are the same as people called liberal today is utterly simplistic

Unless of course you mean conservatives are trying to get back to what we once were
under the limits of the Constitution- in that sense they are trying to "hold on"

it would be the left:

The government should make the rationing (balancing) decisions between supply and demand rather than letting the market do that.

Liberals today fully support our Constitution and liberal values of our founding fathers.....more so than conservatives. It is Conservatives who are constantly calling for a change in the constitution

The liberal values of our founding fathers established the principle of one man, one vote. Imagine a field hand having the same voting power as the man who owned the field? Imagine people not being born to rule rather than earning that right. Those are liberal values

Conservatives confuse the economic realities of 18 th century America with a small government edict from the founding fathers. The US was an agrarian economy comprised mostly of dirt farmers. We had just gotten out of an expensive war. We had no choice other than "small government"

The founding fathers acknowledged that succeeding generations would have to establish the size of government that met their needs and never sought to restrict that government. That is the wisdom of the founding fathers

You realize that failure is judged on entirely different scales for different people right?

Where Obama has failed in my eyes, is because he hasn't been liberal enough. He's been a right leaning centrist for the most part with the few exceptions of civil liberties he's decided to pursue. Still, in many regards he never held up his end of the bargain on his campaign promises. We voted him in, he failed to enact the changes he said he would.

My rating of failure for Obama doesn't have "ruining the economy" and/or "destroying America" anywhere on it.

If people lose faith in Obama it does not guarantee they're on your side. Given a choice between Cain and Obama I would most definitely choose Obama again. With all the statements Cain has said and his lack of true grasp of all the issues, I'm going to just have to go with Obama again.

Fact... did you know that Cain has been studying up on foreign policy for months? MONTHS man, MONTHS! He's like some kind of super candidate on foreign policy!

Your post makes me shake my head in amazement. You really view Barack Obama as a "right leaning centrist"? Really?

Do you not grasp that what the man "wanted"...ie Cap & Trade legislation, Card Check legislation, the single payer option in health care, $6 a gallon gas and no more off shore oil drilling or coal fired energy plants he couldn't get the REAL right leaning centrists in the Democratic Party to vote for? Barack Obama isn't a centrist. Give him the votes and all of the liberal things you so obviously long for would have been delivered to you. In his first two years in office the Blue Dog Democrats (the REAL centrists) kept that from happening. In 2010 the American people sent a loud and clear message in the midterm elections that they didn't want a far left agenda being rammed down their throats over their objections as Obamacare was and voted Republicans back into control of the House.

I certainly agree with Code1211, the fear of Obama being re-elected paralyzes me! I'd rather see Mr. Obama get his "on the job" training in another position. Perhaps a teacher at Berkley?

Since he'll be unseating the previous worst president ever, Barry's OTJ training fittingly should be at Habitat for Humanity where Jimmy can show him how to put his tool belt on, swing a hammer, etc.

it would be the left:

Liberals today fully support our Constitution and liberal values of our founding fathers.....more so than conservatives. It is Conservatives who are constantly calling for a change in the constitution

The liberal values of our founding fathers established the principle of one man, one vote. Imagine a field hand having the same voting power as the man who owned the field? Imagine people not being born to rule rather than earning that right. Those are liberal values

Conservatives confuse the economic realities of 18 th century America with a small government edict from the founding fathers. The US was an agrarian economy comprised mostly of dirt farmers. We had just gotten out of an expensive war. We had no choice other than "small government"

The founding fathers acknowledged that succeeding generations would have to establish the size of government that met their needs and never sought to restrict that government. That is the wisdom of the founding fathers

Never sought to restrict? What color is the sky in your world?
The whole Constitution was set up to limit central gov't power
As for the vote, it was established in Britain but not allowed for the colonies
(one had to own land to vote- Majority of colonists owned land and could not vote to properly be represented in the parliament )

Liberals of today "bow" to a new king

This "Malthusian fallacy" like belief that some have of society being so stratified is caused not by free markets, but by statism.
Surely, when corporations get together with gov't, they are not seeking to promote competition but secure their profits and the gov't goals.
(see Big Pharma, etc)

The inequalities that some see are a cause of the gov't in collusion with "big business" doing their best to stifle competition, secure market share and "stratifying" the economy
where it is harder and harder for people to enter or leave different different economic levels. It stifles creativity and the efficient use of resources. Combined with the ever persistent
gov't dependent class promoted by gov't, it is a "brave new world" we are creating.

Indeed, we have created a new "Progressive Feudal" society.
A protected class doing their best to keep what they have by ways of gov't cronyism
and tossing the "serfs" some occasional treats to keep the dependent class satiated and themselves still in power.

Only last week, ABC News reported:
At a million-dollar San Francisco fundraiser today, President Obama warned
his recession-battered supporters that if he loses the 2012 election it could herald
a new, painful era of self-reliance in America.

Yes, we can not have that now, can we? Just like the Founding Fathers, no doubt

A new progressive "Divine right of kings" has come our way
God forbid, the "serfs" should own the land and do with it what they may......
tis better to for us to control and give them what they need
:eusa_angel:

Again, it is your delusion and I seek not to take it away
What you call evolving is really just a devolution from classical liberal traditions
Putting state above man

Prostrating one's self before a "new king" is far from progress
Hey, whatever lets you sleep at night

Last edited:

I knew it was only a matter of time before you started with the propaganda

Truth is hard for the left
In fact, it is their worst enemy

You can try to pound the "square" peg of today's liberalism
all you want into the "hole" of our Founding Father's classical liberalism

It is just not to going to fit

If we look at Papa Obama's quote from above in the last post

No doubt the concept of "self-reliance " must have
been a derogatory term in their day as well

Last edited:

I knew it was only a matter of time before you started with the propaganda

Truth is hard for the left
In fact, it is their worst enemy

You can try to pound the "square" peg of today's liberalism
all you want into the "hole" of our Founding Father's classical liberalism

It is just not to going to fit

If we look at Papa Obama's quote from above in the last post

No doubt the concept of "self-reliance " must have
been a derogatory term in their day as well

The whole point of the American Revolution was that the British government and the companies they protected had gamed the system. People like you twist reality and deny the right of the common man/citizen to an even playing field. The SIZE of government is irrelevant. The people will only allow the size of government they need. It is always self correcting. What is out of control is the power of companies/corporations to game the system and hold the public hostage as in "too big to fail".

The system the British employed back in the mid 17th century was fascist in the classical terms as described by Mussolini.

You are not interested in "the truth". You are a willfully ignorant partisan hack. You twist and wordsmith until all words have no meaning. The real truth is that people like you support predatory greed in the name of some holy grail you call capitalism which in it's form of today and a mirror of what our forefather patriots fought against to form our PEOPLES republic.

Before you go off knee jerked...I am a capitalist...the difference between you and I is that I have a conscience and you do not.

Please don't nominate this man, nothing scares me and my fellow liberal cohorts more.

:lol: love the sarcasm

You just don't like him because he is conservative, it has nothing to do with fear or his race ;).

It's OK to admit that any conservative scares you. We already realize that.

This has been an interesting phenomenon to watch.

I have yet to see a post from anybody who I know has been in management and/or who has run his/her own business and/or more especially has run or managed his/her own successful business who is unimpressed with Hermain Cain's resume or who thinks Cain lacks necessary leadership skills.

It seems to be only those with resumes as thin as rice paper who sneer and scorn Herman Cain as a 'third rate pizza guy' or something in that vein.

But racism IS a factor. They are honed in like razor beams to belittle, scorn, attack, demean, diminish, accuse, or ridicule Herman Cain as they did Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann when their stars were rising, but as they have done to none of the white guys.

Why? Because it is expected that a rich white guy will be a Republican or run on a conservatie platform.

No minority, most especially a BLACK mnority, and no woman must be allowed to get away with that though. They MUST stay on the Democratic/leftist plantation where they belong lest they inspire others to defect to common sense too.

really? that's funny. i ran a business for 15 years. cain made money for a second rate pizza chain by cutting employees and buying cheaper ingredients (in other words, lowering quality). it's not that difficult to make money that way.

cain's a big practical joke.

there, you got it from someone who ran a successful practice and comes from a family of very successful corporatists. :thup:

Cheers.

He is just like "Chainsaw" Al Dunlop, who became CEO of companies, slashed employees, farmed work out to China, and delivered an inferior product. Most famous of these was the Sunbeam Corporation. He drove them into the ground then left with a handsome severance package. This is what Herman Cain did with Godfather's pizza. It's not hard to do if you just don't care.

Forum List

Back