Illinois Loses Most Jobs in Nation Following Tax Hikes

A stimulus is not meant to work long term. It's a finite amount, so it has a finite effect. Why is that so hard for you 'nuts to understand?

A stimulus that added massively to the debt when even you admitted it wouldn't work long term... Like you were told over and over and over and over and over..........

So, NY... What was the point of the stimulus? It's obviously not hard for me and many others to understand being WE TOLD YOU that's all the stimulus would do.

You supported, fought for and attacked people over a stimulus that you now claim was only going to have a temporary effect... Great, you JUST NOW caught up to where were on the issues years ago. Grats.

If Obama wants another stimulus, and we all say it will just float the economy AGAIN until the money is spent, then when bottom of the economy STILL falls out we will be left with MORE massive debt, AGAIN… Will you support it because your butt boy Obama wants it? Or will you man up and say “It will only float the economy making the rich richer, the poor poorer and then run out, leave us with massive debt and fix nothing like the last stimulus.”

Try realllllly hard not to be an absolute partisan blow hard hack for once.

I deal in facts. The stimulus lifted GDP and the job numbers for 2 years, because it was basically a 2 year stimulus.

What's partisan about pointing out that fact? Neither party was going to do nothing in January of 2009, whoever was in power.
And how many decades will it take to pay back?

Oh, wait, I forgot -- deficits are only bad if there's a Republican in the White House.

Nothing to see here, move along.

These are not the 'droids, you're looking for.

These are not the 'droids, we're looking for.

:thewave: <---<< The Sheeple
OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA!

Feel free to prove causation. Feel free to at least make an attempt at it.

You can start with this problem.

Illinois lost the most jobs last month. You say it's because of the tax increase, but you can't prove it.

Florida lost the second most jobs last month. Florida had no tax increase. Explain that.

New York had the biggest job GAIN last month, btw.
I don't have to prove anything to you, mainly because I can't. There is no amount of evidence I could give you that would convince you that leftist anti-business policies are bad for business.

So, you just continue beating your dog and being surprised when it runs away.

At least you admit you can't back your claims. Bravo!! :clap2:

As I posted earlier the ONLY reason Illinois lost so many jobs is because we have a heavy manufacturing base and the industry is down overall. The tax increase had a very minimal effect on the loss of jobs.

Now I don't have to prove anything to you, mainly because I can't. There is no amount of evidence I could give you that would convince you that wingnut pro-business policies are bad for the common working man. (Policies such as doing away with minimum wage, making it near impossible to collect workers comp and worker safety laws)

So, you just continue beating your dog and being surprised when it turns and bites you in the ass.

RAISING TAXES during a period of monetary scarcity is not a good idea.

Neither is reducing government spending is good idea in times like these.

Note how one party wants to raise taxes while the other party wants to reduce spending?

Doesn't this make ANY OF YOU PARTISANS kind of suspicious?

Not at all?!

So let’s get this straight…. Bush and his Rep/Dem congress spent like “LOL*WTF*WHOA,” Growing Government by leaps and bounds in the process… Then Obama comes in with his Dem congress and spends like “LOL*WTF*WHOA” and again grow Government and starts even more wars while repealing zero.

Now you want to sit here and claim that “cutting spending is not the answer? Are you for fucking real?? This bigger lie, blaintaint lie that you told was that cutting spending and raising taxes during economic times like these is a bad idea yet it worked in 1920 to get us out of a Depression…. Or wait, are you one of those guys that says “times are different” so that you can get out of the whole 1920’s depression FIX so you can turn around and claim we need to keep spending and borrowing money we don’t have based of course on “different times” while conveniently leaving out that spending more never ended the Depression or later any bad habits that inevitably got us to this point?

[Prove they didn't...

You want me to prove a negative?

Right after you prove that the stimulus didn't prevent us from going to 11% or more UE.

:lol:

THAT WAS THE POINT MOOOOORRRRROOOOON!

Holy shit, it's crazy to see that you can easily identify how ridiculous it in fact is to debate with someone as full of shit as you. But you can't seem to make the connection that all I did was take YOUR bullshit argument and turn it on you. YOU can't prove most of the claims you make, it's all just a "theory" based on "things could be worse" scenarios.

I am seeing it first hand. IL, esp Chicago, is getting hit hard. Now the trolls want to doubt tolls! Who the hell wants do business here?

A stimulus that added massively to the debt when even you admitted it wouldn't work long term... Like you were told over and over and over and over and over..........

So, NY... What was the point of the stimulus? It's obviously not hard for me and many others to understand being WE TOLD YOU that's all the stimulus would do.

You supported, fought for and attacked people over a stimulus that you now claim was only going to have a temporary effect... Great, you JUST NOW caught up to where were on the issues years ago. Grats.

If Obama wants another stimulus, and we all say it will just float the economy AGAIN until the money is spent, then when bottom of the economy STILL falls out we will be left with MORE massive debt, AGAIN… Will you support it because your butt boy Obama wants it? Or will you man up and say “It will only float the economy making the rich richer, the poor poorer and then run out, leave us with massive debt and fix nothing like the last stimulus.”

Try realllllly hard not to be an absolute partisan blow hard hack for once.

I deal in facts. The stimulus lifted GDP and the job numbers for 2 years, because it was basically a 2 year stimulus.

What's partisan about pointing out that fact? Neither party was going to do nothing in January of 2009, whoever was in power.

Oh, wait, I forgot -- deficits are only bad if there's a Republican in the White House.

I didn't hear you complaining about the bill for the 2010 extension of the Bush tax cuts, plus new cuts. A bigger bill than the stimulus cost.

Feel free to prove causation. Feel free to at least make an attempt at it.

You can start with this problem.

Illinois lost the most jobs last month. You say it's because of the tax increase, but you can't prove it.

Florida lost the second most jobs last month. Florida had no tax increase. Explain that.

New York had the biggest job GAIN last month, btw.
I don't have to prove anything to you, mainly because I can't. There is no amount of evidence I could give you that would convince you that leftist anti-business policies are bad for business.

So, you just continue beating your dog and being surprised when it runs away.

At least you admit you can't back your claims. Bravo!! :clap2:

As I posted earlier the ONLY reason Illinois lost so many jobs is because we have a heavy manufacturing base and the industry is down overall. The tax increase had a very minimal effect on the loss of jobs.

Now I don't have to prove anything to you, mainly because I can't. There is no amount of evidence I could give you that would convince you that wingnut pro-business policies are bad for the common working man. (Policies such as doing away with minimum wage, making it near impossible to collect workers comp and worker safety laws)

So, you just continue beating your dog and being surprised when it turns and bites you in the ass.

The difference between you and I is my views are based on reality. Yours are based on hysterical union talking points.

I didn't hear you complaining about the bill for the 2010 extension of the Bush tax cuts, plus new cuts. A bigger bill than the stimulus cost.
That's because I don't subscribe to the leftist mantra: You can tax a nation into prosperity.

[Prove they didn't...

You want me to prove a negative?

Right after you prove that the stimulus didn't prevent us from going to 11% or more UE.

:lol:

THAT WAS THE POINT MOOOOORRRRROOOOON!

Holy shit, it's crazy to see that you can easily identify how ridiculous it in fact is to debate with someone as full of shit as you. But you can't seem to make the connection that all I did was take YOUR bullshit argument and turn it on you. YOU can't prove most of the claims you make, it's all just a "theory" based on "things could be worse" scenarios.

I said prove the tax hike caused the job losses. What's wrong with that standard?

That's because I don't subscribe to the leftist mantra: You can tax a nation into prosperity.

So deficits don't matter to you. Got it.

LOL you leftists. You think the Tax Cuts caused the Deficits. Wrong, Spending to much Caused them. No matter how high, or low we set taxes, the Government will spend more than it takes in.

Actually, they do. Raising taxes and slowing down the economy, however, is no way to fix the deficit.

I can say something honestly that I expect you can't:

I opposed the deficit under Bush, and I oppose the deficit under Obama.

Illinois Loses Most Jobs in Nation Following Tax Hikes - Page 1 - Mike Shedlock - Townhall Finance

Thanks to Illinois governor Pat Quinn and the Illinois legislature Illinois Loses Most Jobs in the Nation

In a trend that continues to worsen, more Illinoisans found themselves unemployed in the month of July.

Illinois lost more jobs during the month of July than any other state in the nation, according to the most recent Bureau of Labor Statistics report. After losing 7,200 jobs in June, Illinois lost an additional 24,900 non-farm payroll jobs in July. The report also said Illinois’s unemployment rate climbed to 9.5 percent. This marks the third consecutive month of increases in the unemployment rate.

Illinois started to create jobs as the national economy began to recover. But just when Illinois’s economy seemed to be turning around, lawmakers passed record tax increases in January of this year. Since then, Illinois’s employment numbers have done nothing but decline.

illinois%2Bjobs.png

Why does the graph only go back to January of 2010?

Illinois Loses Most Jobs in Nation Following Tax Hikes - Page 1 - Mike Shedlock - Townhall Finance

Thanks to Illinois governor Pat Quinn and the Illinois legislature Illinois Loses Most Jobs in the Nation

In a trend that continues to worsen, more Illinoisans found themselves unemployed in the month of July.

Illinois lost more jobs during the month of July than any other state in the nation, according to the most recent Bureau of Labor Statistics report. After losing 7,200 jobs in June, Illinois lost an additional 24,900 non-farm payroll jobs in July. The report also said Illinois’s unemployment rate climbed to 9.5 percent. This marks the third consecutive month of increases in the unemployment rate.

Illinois started to create jobs as the national economy began to recover. But just when Illinois’s economy seemed to be turning around, lawmakers passed record tax increases in January of this year. Since then, Illinois’s employment numbers have done nothing but decline.

illinois%2Bjobs.png

Why does the graph only go back to January of 2010?

Would going back further clarify the damage of the Jan 2011 tax hikes?

Forum List

Back