Illinois Loses Most Jobs in Nation Following Tax Hikes

HMMMMMMMMM

Thats also about the time the republicans were doing their little debt ceiling dance too?

which is it the state taxes caused the entire country to go into an economic slip or the republicans caused the whole country to go into an economic slip by playing politics with our full faith and credit?

Scott Walker's Wisconsin lost 8,200 jobs last month (12,500 in the private sector).

Relative to population, that was at least as bad as Illinois's job losses that are the subject of this thread.

Is it thus fair to say that Governor Walker is to blame? Or would I have to prove cause and effect?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Scott Walker's Wisconsin lost 8,200 jobs last month (12,500 in the private sector).

Relative to population, that was at least as bad as Illinois's job losses that are the subject of this thread.

Is it thus fair to say that Governor Walker is to blame? Or would I have to prove cause and effect?

Really? So 12,500 jobs were lost in the Private Sector? 8,200 total job losses? So what you're saying is the Public Sector added 4,300 jobs? Pardon me if I find that rather hard to believe.

Last edited:
LASST17000005_62004_1315197206899.gif

Here's a more complete picture.

Why is that more complete?

Figure it out. It's not that hard.

I already figured that it's not more complete.

Really? So 12,500 jobs were lost in the Private Sector? 8,200 total job losses? So what you're saying is the Public Sector added 3,300 jobs? Pardon me if I find that rather hard to believe.

Table 5. Employees on nonfarm payrolls by state and selected industry sector, seasonally adjusted

Hear me then, believe me now.

I know it's hard to imagine that the only reason Scott Walker's Wisconsin job numbers weren't a total disaster is that Wisconsin added several thousand government jobs.

48% Unemployment in Chicago?? Oh yea,things are just great in Illinois. Nothing to see here. Just move along little sheep. Yikes!

True enough.

There is a scarcity of money on the DEMAND side and a glut of dough on the SUPPLY side.

40 years of coddling the supply side WILL have that effect, after all.

But STILL...right now increasing taxes on the supply side will NOT help. Not unless the government was going to take that dough form the wealthy and GIVE IT to the consumers and we all know what would happen if that was done. (read CAPITAL FLIGHT OUT THIS NATION)

Neither does decreasing spending help as that simply exascerbates the unemployment problem.

The time to readjust the tax burden is AFTER we stabilize the economy.

THEN by all means DO create a truly progressive tax code.

But most of the things that might help, have nothing to do with taxation RIGHT NOW.

Change the TRADE LAWS and this economy would begin to thrive as increasingly industries would be developed here to take advantage of the increased costs on IMPORTED good.

THAT is the number one thing this nation must do.

Anything short of that is not going to work.

I actually agree with your idea that our tax codes need to be changed, I just don't think that NOW is the time to do it.

Also I doubt we'd agree on how those codes need to change, but let's agree to agree that we BOTH understande that the tax code is a diaster.

I want to RELEGISLATE TRADE POLCIES. Right now our trade polcies are DISencentives to job creation in the USA.

I think you haven't thought this through very clearly. Should a business not be able to deduct the real costs of the manufacturing process?

Look, a truly simply tax code isn't really possible. There ARE resonable deductions that MUST be taken into account when computing taxes.

That is not to say that many deductions currently offered aren't bullshit, but we ought not to throw the baby out wqith the bath.

I don't really yunderstand your plan, so I'll refrain from commenting on it.

There's a LOT of way we need to change our tax codes, though, on THAT we agree.

Until taxes are addressed, we are simply spinning our economic wheels in the mud created by trickle down.

I guess on this issue we do not agree.

Taxes did not CAUSE this depression.

I'm sure we're close enough to to call it agreement. I think you're right on about trade policies and the relationship between business and government. All that needs to be addressed. My thinking is that the corruption that's running rampant through our fearful leaders will be arrested the moment taxes are simplified and fair and they are constrained to a balanced budget by law. Then and only then can we trust them to sign the contracts to do the work that's required to govern.

Can we trust them to 'fix' the trade-policy giveaway to big business before lobbying for tax breaks is no longer a way to make an exceptional living?

FWIW. read reecently onthe Atlantic Mag site that

33% of US males over the age of 18 do NOT have jobs.

Now something isn't right, and I do not believe it is that one out of three US males don't want to work.​

We are becoming what happened to the Irish in Ireland while England ruled that land, and much like what became of post civil war Black men in the USA, too.​

We have become a nation that won't put their men to work because they're not compliant enough, won't work cheaply enough, and because our masters basically WANT to destroy the fabric of this formerly thriving democratic republic.​

And they are doing a smashing job of it, too.​

Way to go FREE MARKETEERS.

Last edited:
Hopey Changey Land...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjOfuPo_vzU]Obama Isn't Working: Chicago - YouTube[/ame]

Need i say more? Se ya on Election Day.

FWIW. read reecently onthe Atlantic Mag site that

33% of US males over the age of 18 do NOT have jobs.

Now something isn't right, and I do not believe it is that one out of three US males don't want to work.​

We are becoming what happened to the Irish in Ireland while England ruled that land, and much like what became of post civil war Black men in the USA, too.​

We have become a nation that won't put their men to work because they're not compliant enough, won't work cheaply enough, and because our masters basically WANT to destroy the fabric of this formerly thriving democratic republic.​

And they are doing a smashing job of it, too.​

Way to go FREE MARKETEERS.

post civil war Black men?

Oh, please enlighten us. Tell us how those people "messed up".

I wonder what percentage of those "unemployed" are uneducated "drop outs"? 90% 95% "All of the?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Gee, doesn't ANYONE want to tell us why Wisconsin did just as badly as Illinois last month?

:lol:

Take a good look America. The One's Chicago Hell-Hole is what your entire Nation has to look forward to. Enjoy...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjOfuPo_vzU]Obama Isn't Working: Chicago - YouTube[/ame]

Gee, doesn't ANYONE want to tell us why Wisconsin did just as badly as Illinois last month?

Methinks that Walker's assault on working men and women didn't quite pan out as well as expected. :eusa_whistle:

Methinks that Walker's assault on working men and women didn't quite pan out as well as expected. :eusa_whistle:

If you guys actually think Public Sector Union Employee's in Wisconsin are Average American working class people. You are fools.

48% Unemployment in Chicago?? Oh yea,things are just great in Illinois. Nothing to see here. Just move along little sheep. Yikes!

Hey Brainiac.....who said that the unemployment rate is 48% in Chicago? And the fact that Daveman "liked" your post shows he's just as clueless as you.

If you guys actually think Public Sector Union Employee's in Wisconsin are Average American working class people. You are fools.

Try working on a garbage truck or in a classroom for a few weeks. There's no way you'd last longer than that.

Hey Brainiac.....who said that the unemployment rate is 48% in Chicago? And the fact that Daveman "liked" your post shows he's just as clueless as you.

I "liked" it because despite leftists insisting otherwise, Chicago is a shithole, and it's all due to liberalism.

I "liked" it because despite leftists insisting otherwise, Chicago is a shithole, and it's all due to liberalism.

Ok then. You "like" lies and lying. Got it. :thup:

Ok then. You "like" lies and lying. Got it. :thup:

Not at all. Leftists can see Chicago as a success. You know, much the same way they see North Korea as a success.

Forum List

Back