The age of consent SHOULD be standard across the board

18 to join the military
18 to smoke
16 to have sex
18 to sign a contract
21 to drink

what?

illegal things that should be legal.. easy

prostitution, get real prostitution is the oldest trade, make it legal make regulations.

drugs. make all drugs legal, make regulations. people want drugs, if they are illegal you make crime.

to prevent crime make them legal

do you want druglords having billions off dollars ? i dont
When considering legal or not legal in reference do drugs, do we as a society have any shared responsibility when it comes to keeping the public safe?
And yes, alcohol fits into this question. Ive always wondered about the no driving impaired laws while there is a bar within driving distance of every home. Bars promote drinking and driving, just no way around it. Is a bar owner any less responsible for the results that are caused by drunks leaving his bar to drive home?
If you are suggesting that a bar owner/bartender is in any way responsible for someone driving drunk, you are crazy. Using that very same logic, the fertilizer manufacturer and retailer(s), as well as Ryder and the manufacturer(s) of the detonating device would be responsible for the bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City.
I do hope that is not what you are suggesting...

18 to join the military
18 to smoke
16 to have sex
18 to sign a contract
21 to drink

what?
That brings up an interesting question: Why is it that an 18 year-old is old enough to die for their country, but not old enough to have a drink in it? Things that make you go "Hmmmm".
I say, let the armed forces drink all they want, regardless of age, as long as it is within the confines of both the universal code of military conduct (I may have the name slightly incorrect, but you know what I am talking about) and the specific branch/unit they serve in.

prostitution, get real prostitution is the oldest trade, make it legal make regulations.

drugs. make all drugs legal, make regulations. people want drugs, if they are illegal you make crime.

When considering legal or not legal in reference do drugs, do we as a society have any shared responsibility when it comes to keeping the public safe?
And yes, alcohol fits into this question. Ive always wondered about the no driving impaired laws while there is a bar within driving distance of every home. Bars promote drinking and driving, just no way around it. Is a bar owner any less responsible for the results that are caused by drunks leaving his bar to drive home?
If you are suggesting that a bar owner/bartender is in any way responsible for someone driving drunk, you are crazy. Using that very same logic, the fertilizer manufacturer and retailer(s), as well as Ryder and the manufacturer(s) of the detonating device would be responsible for the bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City.
does a bar promote drinking to excess? think happy hours, reduced costs for various drinks, the drink or leave policy that some have.
Now, does the fertilizer company advertise how good a bomb their product will make? is Ryder and Uhaul in the business to help people move or do they give stats on the size truck needed for the size bomb intended. Do either truck companies have bombers rates? will they help you manufacture your bomb? What if you call the fertilizer company and as to speak to their technical staff for instructions on the best product and mix for the biggest bang for your buck.
Your correlation between the two fail

So you agree -- gun manufacturer cannot be held liable for crimes committed with their product.
Correct?

18 to join the military
18 to smoke
16 to have sex
18 to sign a contract
21 to drink

what?
That brings up an interesting question: Why is it that an 18 year-old is old enough to die for their country, but not old enough to have a drink in it? Things that make you go "Hmmmm".
I say, let the armed forces drink all they want, regardless of age, as long as it is within the confines of both the universal code of military conduct (I may have the name slightly incorrect, but you know what I am talking about) and the specific branch/unit they serve in.
It's the Universal Code of Military Justic, or UCMJ for short, yes.

I joined the Arkansas National Guard at 17 . Had to get mom and dad to sign off on that. Went to basic training the summer between my junior and senior years of high school, then finished high school then advanced training the following summer.

Anyway, back then (1988) I was legally able to walk into the PX at age 17 and buy beer because I had military ID, they have since changed that. Now it is defepdant on local law.

So you agree -- gun manufacturer cannot be held liable for crimes committed with their product.
Correct?

Only the truly stupid think otherwise.

does a bar promote drinking to excess? think happy hours, reduced costs for various drinks, the drink or leave policy that some have.
Now, does the fertilizer company advertise how good a bomb their product will make? is Ryder and Uhaul in the business to help people move or do they give stats on the size truck needed for the size bomb intended. Do either truck companies have bombers rates? will they help you manufacture your bomb? What if you call the fertilizer company and as to speak to their technical staff for instructions on the best product and mix for the biggest bang for your buck.
Your correlation between the two fail
So, a bar having incentives to come to their establishment, and do business is the same as them endorsing drunk driving in your opinion then. So Chevy should be held responsible for all high speed incidents with their Corvette then right? What else do you buy one for besides to go fast? My comparison does not fail, your logic does. The bar owner/ bartender has little, if any, control over what you do after leaving their establishment.

Correct?
Yes, they have no control over how their product is used, therefore, how can they be held liable?

Correct?
Yes, they have no control over how their product is used, therefore, how can they be held liable?

The obvious implication from those who yearn for such laws is that guns only have one use, harming human beings, and so gun manufacturers are aware that that is what their product is being used for and thus should be held responsible when they are.

That is, of course, as silly as saying "the only purpose of alcohol is so that you can drive drunk" therefor any time someone drives drunk , the distillers are responsible.

Low-dose Antibiotics

Aren't these already legal? I know they must be in D.C. and Maryland because I've never faced any challenge getting a scrip for them filled. Maybe, however, you and I are thinking of two different things???

3-Wheelers

This again may be an instance where you and I have different things in mind? I know I saw someone driving on I-495 with one a few weeks back. Perhaps they were in violation of the law???
Yes, we are talking about different things. I'm referring to OTC antibiotics, such as what I am told one can obtain in places like Finland. Oddly enough, in Finland it is illegal to purchase Cloreseptic (sp.?) spray (you know, the stuff for sore throats).

As for the 3-wheelers I'm referring to things like this:
View attachment 86098

So do you see a material difference between the three wheel vehicle you pictured and those similar to the one shown below?

064a5d1903c737651e60e507ccba1d46.jpg

I see the aesthetic difference and the difference between the orientation of the wheels. Otherwise, they are, as far as I'm concerned, both three wheelers. FWIW, the three wheeler I saw recently on I-495 is of the same general ilk as the one pictured above.

Correct?
Good question -- you should ask those that want to open them up to lawsuits.

Curious if an adult discussion can be had on this.
I will start
Drugs, there are currently some drugs that are classified as illegal that in my opinion should be legal providing they are regulated. Regulation (like alcohol) would insure a safer product while increasing tax revenue
Prostitution. Again, if regulated by the health department It would be a safer situation between two consenting adults with no harm to anyone.

Fell free to discuss these that I started with or bring up some other instances of illegal practices.

I agree with both.

Easiest way would be to start with treating pot like alcohol and cigarettes.

Prostitution- regulated so women were protected and it would make it harder for men to pimp out underage girls and boys.

Now, how long do you think it would take for people to seriously re-consider driving themselves home from dinner that includes a drink or two?

Germany, as I understand, has (or had) a two strikes and your out rule with drunk driving. First time, you don't drive for a year, second time you never legally drive again. Result, very low rates of drunk driving.

I understand the line of thought you're on. I don't know how accurate or inaccurate be the conclusions you've theorized. The factor that plays heavily in my mind is that alcohol is a "mind altering substance;" it, among other things, allows one to perceive one is capable of doing things one truly cannot do or do well. Thus, I'm very hard pressed to conclude on whether the hypothesized impact would in fact materialize.

I'd be willing to try the model you've suggested and find out. After all, alcohol use is a nonessential activity and it's a behavior that requires one to exercise responsibility and good judgment before, during and after engaging in it. If a law will increase the frequency and quality of folks using good judgment re: alcohol use, great.

(I noticed you wrote that you haven't confirmed the causal correlation implied by the thinking you noted, so I won't hold you accountable for it being genuinely so, or for your being convinced it is so.)

Low-dose Antibiotics

Aren't these already legal? I know they must be in D.C. and Maryland because I've never faced any challenge getting a scrip for them filled. Maybe, however, you and I are thinking of two different things???

3-Wheelers

This again may be an instance where you and I have different things in mind? I know I saw someone driving on I-495 with one a few weeks back. Perhaps they were in violation of the law???
Yes, we are talking about different things. I'm referring to OTC antibiotics, such as what I am told one can obtain in places like Finland. Oddly enough, in Finland it is illegal to purchase Cloreseptic (sp.?) spray (you know, the stuff for sore throats).

View attachment 86098

So do you see a material difference between the three wheel vehicle you pictured and those similar to the one shown below?

I see the aesthetic difference and the difference between the orientation of the wheels. Otherwise, they are, as far as I'm concerned, both three wheelers. FWIW, the three wheeler I saw recently on I-495 is of the same general ilk as the one pictured above.
Um... Yes, the one you pictured is much wider, and designed for highway use. The ones I am referring to are smaller, designed for one rider, and off-road use. The manufacture of the ones I'm referring to has been banned for quite some time. Also, as I understand it, if a licensed dealer of motor vehicles (on road or off) obtains one, it must be destroyed. Why is that? Supposedly because they are too "unsafe" and "unstable". Now, as one who has actually ridden one of these, I can attest to their inherent instability. However, using the same logic, one would assume that two-wheelers (AKA motorcycles) should also be banned, and yet, they are not.

Correct?
Good question -- you should ask those that want to open them up to lawsuits.
I have, and they cannot provide an argument that is anything short of ridiculous.

Low-dose Antibiotics

3-Wheelers

View attachment 86098

Um... Yes, the one you pictured is much wider, and designed for highway use. The ones I am referring to are smaller, designed for one rider, and off-road use. The manufacture of the ones I'm referring to has been banned for quite some time. Also, as I understand it, if a licensed dealer of motor vehicles (on road or off) obtains one, it must be destroyed. Why is that? Supposedly because they are too "unsafe" and "unstable". Now, as one who has actually ridden one of these, I can attest to their inherent instability. However, using the same logic, one would assume that two-wheelers (AKA motorcycles) should also be banned, and yet, they are not.

I disagree completely, three wheelers (like we traditionally think of) are WAY more dangerous than motorcycles.

Now, how long do you think it would take for people to seriously re-consider driving themselves home from dinner that includes a drink or two?

Germany, as I understand, has (or had) a two strikes and your out rule with drunk driving. First time, you don't drive for a year, second time you never legally drive again. Result, very low rates of drunk driving.

I understand the line of thought you're on. I don't know how accurate or inaccurate be the conclusions you've theorized. The factor that plays heavily in my mind is that alcohol is a "mind altering substance;" it, among other things, allows one to perceive one is capable of doing things one truly cannot do or do well. Thus, I'm very hard pressed to conclude on whether the hypothesized impact would in fact materialize.

I'd be willing to try the model you've suggested and find out. After all, alcohol use is a nonessential activity and it's a behavior that requires one to exercise responsibility and good judgment before, during and after engaging in it. If a law will increase the frequency and quality of folks using good judgment re: alcohol use, great.

(I noticed you wrote that you haven't confirmed the causal correlation implied by the thinking you noted, so I won't hold you accountable for it being genuinely so, or for your being convinced it is so.)
For the record, I am not endorsing, nor really even advocating such a change to current DUI law. I was merely using it as an example. I fear that the toll in lives, property and injury would be far too great, at least in the short term. I was merely attempting to illustrate my point, which I apparently did effectively enough.

Hey ! did someone get from me saying everyone is allowed to do something to themselfs (drug use) to you can have a gun and kill someone ?

don t you see the diffrence ?

1. someone does something to themselfs (drugs)
2. someone does something to others (guns)
do you think geting high is the same as killing someone ?

Low-dose Antibiotics

3-Wheelers

View attachment 86098

I disagree completely, three wheelers (like we traditionally think of) are WAY more dangerous than motorcycles.
As someone who has some, albeit limited, experience with both, I can tell you it is far easier to loose control of a motorcycle that it is a 3-wheeler. Unless, of course, one is using it in a way it was not intended (i.e. high speed turns).

Forum List

Back