CDZ The CTE cover up, is it time to boycott the NFL and their products?

I just watched Concussion with the internet up and running and the main premise and accusations seem pretty accurate.

Concussion (2015 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is there any reason I should not urge my fellow Americans to boycott the NFL at least until they apologize for the cover up?
Nope, go ahead. Me? I'll continue to watch, looks like a good season again for my team, it's been a long time coming, and my boycott will likely not do anything anyway. Of course, I am not a typical fan, I have spent less than $100 in my lifetime on NFL merchandise, and have never been to a game. So, they aren't really getting much from me anyway.

Is there any reason I should not urge my fellow Americans to boycott the NFL at least until they apologize for the cover up?

I'm not sure that apologizing for the cover-up is the right (or minimum) act of contrition that should be demanded or serve as the mark for ending any advocated boycott. I'm not sure of that because I haven't seen Concussion. You clearly are convinced by the film's content, and in light of that, I'd say there's no reason you should not urge your fellow Americans to boycott the NFL.

Who wasn't aware that multiple 250 lb men running at full speed and colliding with each other wasn't likely to cause bodily harm?

Why would I boycott watching? Not my body

Have they considered additional padding on the outside of helmets to reduce injuries?

Have they considered additional padding on the outside of helmets to reduce injuries?

Seems logical.

I suppose the reasoning is they would look less cool and not last as long maybe?

Trivial concerns IMO.

Who wasn't aware that multiple 250 lb men running at full speed and colliding with each other wasn't likely to cause bodily harm?

Why would I boycott watching? Not my body
That's pretty much where I am at with it. If one is too stupid, or ill informed to realize that playing the sport, especially at the pro level, is likely to result in serious injury, I say: "survival of the fittest". Sure, for many athletes, especially those from poor families, this is one "way out" of poverty. However, most players on the pro level have had the opportunity to receive a college education first, then CHOOSE to subject their bodies to further peril, while being compensated quite handsomely. By the time they are done with their college "career" they are, or at least should be, fully aware of the dangers.

Seems logical.

I suppose the reasoning is they would look less cool and not last as long maybe?

Trivial concerns IMO.
Then there is the factor, however small, of the additional weight, and it's effects on ones neck and shoulders. Not sure how much of an effect this would have, but there must be some...

Seems logical.

Trivial concerns IMO.
Then there is the factor, however small, of the additional weight, and it's effects on ones neck and shoulders. Not sure how much of an effect this would have, but there must be some...

Very little. I mean they're putting video cameras in players helmets now.

I hear you about there being some point of figuring out being a coal miner isn't good for you same as smoking and all.

When I see companies covering up the dangers I start getting angry. Hopefully the Christians are right and St Peter is allowed to close the doors on people who sin at work.

Forum List

Back