If your kids turn out gay, would you kill them as Bible/Islam imply?

Christianity had a reformation and is a new covenant of the old. Islam has had neither and is stuck in the iron age. It doesn't make sense to equate the two. The OP was apparently a fundamentalist that exchanged her religion for a secular one and will only accept the most literal interpretations. That said, no where in the NT does it condone man punishing sin, quite the opposite so she doesn't even know what it's all about.

Question: If your children turn out to eventually be gay, would you kill them as the Bible/Islamic texts imply, or are the Bible/Islamic texts wrong? Which is it?

“If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.” (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

If you reply "I don't follow the OT", that's great - then admit that it's wrong (or else you'd follow it).

I believe in loving gays, so of course I think we can move beyond the morality in the Bible/Islamic texts since they got it wrong.

Your opinion?
The Bible got it right. Jesus changed everything. Love the sinner hate the sin.

Question: If your children turn out to eventually be gay, would you kill them as the Bible/Islamic texts imply, or are the Bible/Islamic texts wrong? Which is it?

“If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.” (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

If you reply "I don't follow the OT", that's great - then admit that it's wrong (or else you'd follow it).

I believe in loving gays, so of course I think we can move beyond the morality in the Bible/Islamic texts since they got it wrong.

Your opinion?

The New Testament also says homosexuality is a sin...all through out the Bible it's a sin
As a Scientific Humanist, if we had Jesus' super-powers, we would of course have taken a mere 15 seconds out of our entire life (or out of the 2000 years that Jesus has been allegedly "watching over us") to simply say "write this down - gay is ok, treat gays as equals."

I hope that more and more people get on board with this new love of humanity.

Well according to the Bible gay isn't OK....in fact it's an abomination
I admire your level of tolerance - god could learn tolerance from you.

But we forgive god for his intolerance.
You are so ignorant, it will do you great harm. You have NO standing to forgive GOD. May GOD forgive you.

Your opinion?

The New Testament also says homosexuality is a sin...all through out the Bible it's a sin
As a Scientific Humanist, if we had Jesus' super-powers, we would of course have taken a mere 15 seconds out of our entire life (or out of the 2000 years that Jesus has been allegedly "watching over us") to simply say "write this down - gay is ok, treat gays as equals."

You are so ignorant, it will do you great harm. You have NO standing to forgive GOD. May GOD forgive you.
But *I'm* not the one that needs forgiving.....god is the one who, for example, allegedly killed virtually all humans (including innocent babies), and even virtually all innocent ANIMALS (including innocent bunnies, etc.) in his horrific "flood" that the Bible is ok with. So I want to be forgiving, so I forgive god, and wish that he could find it in his heart to forgive non-believers who he will allegedly see get tortured, tortured, and tortured some more for simply being non-believers. He WON'T forgive said non-believers - so I'm more forgiving than God is....I'd forgive, say, Hindus for not being Christians - an honest "mistake" they made - forgive people for honest mistakes, and you can be better than even god is.

Your opinion?
The Bible got it right. Jesus changed everything. Love the sinner hate the sin.
Nope....the NT says that gays don't get into heaven, so of course Jesus hates gays or else in 2000 years he'd have changed his policy on that.

Your opinion?
Why r u obsessed with homosexuality? :gay:
I'm not, but a more important question would be "why does god send gays to brutal torture, and won't let them into heaven (as many verses in the Bible show)? I love gays, god/Jesus/Allah hates gays, so the real issue is not me, but god/Jesus/Allah's unfair hatred of innocent people.

Your opinion?

Jesus defining marriage as between a man and a woman (not man/man, nor woman/woman) is part of the underlying problem that we need to overcome, if we are to overcome intolerance with love and understanding.

A better way is to define marriage as between man/woman, and man/man, and woman/woman. Doing so will elevate one's level of love and compassion to a level so high that it's even higher than someone as great as Jesus'! Elevating your level of love to be even higher than someone as great as Jesus is a very worthwhile goal in life - to say the least!
But u said JC hates gays :wtf:
Yes, Jesus hates gays - gays, no matter how ethical they might be, can't get into heaven (as the NT says.)

Your opinion?

Wrong interpretation of the passage, but are you atheist? That would explain it being wrong. Atheists are usually wrong.
I notice you didn't give us what it DOES SAY....what DOES it say then, my friend? I'm calling you out.

....Your opinion?
That you mask a lot of hate behind the name "Joy4Uall".

No kids here, but several grandchildren. One might be gay, but that doesn't matter to me. He's a great kid. Smart and, hopefully, a lot less hateful and angry than you.

....Your opinion?

No kids here, but several grandchildren. One might be gay, but that doesn't matter to me. He's a great kid. Smart and, hopefully, a lot less hateful and angry than you.
You are wrongly (no offense) conflating LOVE of all peoples (including gays) that leads to me condemning the Bible with "hatred". It's not "hatred" to condemn hatred....it's love. Can you join me in condemning the hatred in the Bible/Qur'an towards innocent people (gays)? If not, then your tolerance of intolerance is not actually tolerance like you probably think it is, mi amigo.

[
Speaking of "reality", one reason we didn't bring forward the talking snake is because we don't believe that talking snakes are "real". If a job prospect, during the interview, talked to your about a talking squirrel that gave him some really really great advice one time, you'd never hire him, would you? In other words talking animals (ok, parrots) are not "reality", and determining what is real or not is an important part of being human - otherwise we'd have to believe that Zeus and Thor are actually real.

What does this have to do with the roll of gender in basic biology? :dunno:
You mentioned "reality", I believe.

Yes, something you seem to lack a grasp of. Reality is that the two genders are required to produce offspring. Tolerance is irrelevant, reality exists.
Only a small % of people are gay, and them not producing children, in a world where the UN says that the population will be too much for the planet to handle in a number of decades from now, is not a problem - in fact, it's a good thing for the planet. Gays are good for the planet because they generally have fewer kids.

Your opinion?

You're in no position to judge or forgive God, ya loon
Actually, I am, because I'm more loving than the Christian god is: I'd let ethical Muslims into "heaven" and avoid "hell" because I'm more loving than god is - so yes, I can indeed judge god. Because I'm more loving that god can god judge ME, should be the question, mi amigo.

Your opinion?

So Jesus hates f*gs. So if you LOVE gays, then you are more loving than even Jesus. Think about that. Think about how great you can be as a Scientific Humanist.

Your opinion?

Christians are intolerant of people who are not harming them....there is a better way.

Your opinion?

Let's not tolerate intolerance.

Let's not tolerate leftist Nazis and their speech restrictions.
I'm not a leftist, and I don't advocate restricting free speech, fortunately.

....Your opinion?

Then you are more ethical and loving and fair than god is - I admire you for that.

....Your opinion?

I'm afraid you didn't get that right - God/Jesus would see that he gets tortured in hell (many Biblical verses say this about gays) and is denied heaven (no matter how ethical he might be!), so you and I are "a lot less hateful and angry than" god/Jesus is.

....Your opinion?

I am, angry, yes, that you don't love him enough to condemn god/Jesus/Allah for sending him to brutal torture if he just happens to turn out how god made him (gay, just say for argument's sake). I do condemn god/Jesus/Allah for (allegedly) doing that, so I seem to love him more than you do, it would appear?

Forum List

Back