if you were in that concert hall..would you want a gun...a poll

If you were in that concert hall in France...would you want a gun for self defense?

• Yes

Votes: 48 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
You guys know that the theater shooters had bomb belts, right? would your pistols really have saved anyone?

No.

If you killed them before they detonated the bombs.....or if you shot them in a location where there were fewer rather than more victims they would have detonated their vests and killed fewer people.....notice, they didn't detonate their vests until the guys with guns arrived...until then they calmly executed helpless people...

You see, if you just used your x-ray vision to identify your target and each available threat he offers and then enabled your own powers of ESP to predict the movements of the terrorists while simultaneously stepping into your time machine to magically teleport to the exact time space continuum and step on their shoelaces and, and, and...bang, bang your imaginary girlfriend thinks you're a hero.

Or...you just shoot the fucker if he presents the opportunity.....no special powers needed...just a gun.

You guys know that the theater shooters had bomb belts, right? would your pistols really have saved anyone?

No.

If you killed them before they detonated the bombs.....or if you shot them in a location where there were fewer rather than more victims they would have detonated their vests and killed fewer people.....notice, they didn't detonate their vests until the guys with guns arrived...until then they calmly executed helpless people...

You see, if you just used your x-ray vision to identify your target and each available threat he offers and then enabled your own powers of ESP to predict the movements of the terrorists while simultaneously stepping into your time machine to magically teleport to the exact time space continuum and step on their shoelaces and, and, and...bang, bang your imaginary girlfriend thinks you're a hero.

Or...you just shoot the fucker if he presents the opportunity.....no special powers needed...just a gun.

Just a gun? How about the training and ability to use it at the very least?

But, you told your big "if" story and that relies on more than just a gun.

In the various places of the attacks in France...if you were there...and had the option...would you want to have had a concealed pistol...or would you have preferred to be unarmed....?
Sure like a gun is really going to stop a SUICIDE BOMB!!!! :cuckoo:
I
It does if you shoot them before they detonate the bomb........

I would think most people would want a gun so they could shoot as many of them as they could before they died in a hail of automatic gunfire bullets.

or..as happens in many attacks...stopped the attack cold...or at least minimize the number of innocent people injured or killed....

try doing the research...
I have and I have found that police stations have been attacked and they still died.

And the number of police stations attacked vs. gun free zones is what?

Figure out that number and you will see why you are wrong.
Why would I waste my time doing that when thats not the point?

No.

Did I say anything against training? And if you actually read the stories of self defense....most people manage just fine with little to no training...not all self defense situations require Navy Seal shooting skills...

and the NRA convention..thousands of people...carrying guns..and not one of them lost control and started shooting other people..so guns and normal,people carrying them are not the issue...

Who would want to shoot up the NRA?

Ask some of the gun grabbers on this site....ask what they would like to do to the NRA....

How many of those "gun grabbers" have guns?

You would be surprised...they all have guns...they just don't want other people to have them.....

I would think most people would want a gun so they could shoot as many of them as they could before they died in a hail of automatic gunfire bullets.

or..as happens in many attacks...stopped the attack cold...or at least minimize the number of innocent people injured or killed....

try doing the research...
I have and I have found that police stations have been attacked and they still died.

And the number of police stations attacked vs. gun free zones is what?

Figure out that number and you will see why you are wrong.
Why would I waste my time doing that when thats not the point?

You brought up the point about police stations, not me...

the theater in Colorado was a gun free zone too...notice the common thread...?

Yep, most public venues are gun free and 99.9999999999% of them haven't experienced what happened in Paris.

Notice the common thread?

And notice that when an armed normal person is at one of these places...the death toll is lower......

Like at the Tucson shooting? That didn't help.

and when one of those 99.999999999% of places is attacked........no one can stop it...because they are gun free zones....they have to wait for guys with guns to show up.........just like in France...where many of those 99.9999999999% places were attacked...

Stop what? they aren't attacked, that's the point.

that you guys would prefer to be helpless is just sad........and to watch family me,gets murdered in front of you and you having no option to try to stop it...

Fantasy.

Not fantasy...real world...

Some details to help you make your guess....

Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia ( 6 dead, 4 wounded)

Charleston church shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia ( 9 dead)

vs.

Deputies Osceola pastor shot church janitor in self-defense ( 0 dead)

6 Shot At New Life Church Gunman 2 Churchgoers Dead - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com ( 2 dead, 3 wounded)

Remember This SC Concealed Carrier Stops Mass Shooting During Church Service. No Casualties. ( 0 dead)
No guns: 15 dead

Sikh temple ( 6 dead, 4 wounded)

Charleston ( 9 dead)

Parishioners with guns: 2 dead

Osceola ( 0 dead )

New life ( 2 dead, 3 wounded)

South Carolina shotgun guy ( 0 dead)

Temple massacre has some Sikhs mulling gun ownership

The president of the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin had only a butter knife on hand, which he used to fight the gunman. He was killed, but his heroic actions were credited for slowing the shooter. Guns were not allowed in the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin.

“No guns [were] allowed in the temple,” Kulbir Singh, an attendee of the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin, told FoxNews.com. “Everyone knows that it’s not allowed, anywhere in the temple.”

Cherry picking, love it.

the theater in Colorado was a gun free zone too...notice the common thread...?

Yep, most public venues are gun free and 99.9999999999% of them haven't experienced what happened in Paris.

And notice that when an armed normal person is at one of these places...the death toll is lower......

and when one of those 99.999999999% of places is attacked........no one can stop it...because they are gun free zones....they have to wait for guys with guns to show up.........just like in France...where many of those 99.9999999999% places were attacked...

that you guys would prefer to be helpless is just sad........and to watch family me,gets murdered in front of you and you having no option to try to stop it...

Fantasy.

Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia ( 6 dead, 4 wounded)

vs.

6 Shot At New Life Church Gunman 2 Churchgoers Dead - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com ( 2 dead, 3 wounded)

Remember This SC Concealed Carrier Stops Mass Shooting During Church Service. No Casualties. ( 0 dead)

Charleston ( 9 dead)

Osceola ( 0 dead )

The president of the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin had only a butter knife on hand, which he used to fight the gunman. He was killed, but his heroic actions were credited for slowing the shooter. Guns were not allowed in the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin.

“No guns [were] allowed in the temple,” Kulbir Singh, an attendee of the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin, told FoxNews.com. “Everyone knows that it’s not allowed, anywhere in the temple.”

Cherry picking, love it.

What do you mean cherry picking...these actually happened....I compared church shootings to church shootings....and then you have all the other times armed people have stopped mass shooters and criminals as well.....

No.

Did I say anything against training? And if you actually read the stories of self defense....most people manage just fine with little to no training...not all self defense situations require Navy Seal shooting skills...

Just many states don't require any sort of training to take your gun and play hero. After all, according to you, all you need is a gun.

In the various places of the attacks in France...if you were there...and had the option...would you want to have had a concealed pistol...or would you have preferred to be unarmed....?

Fuck no. For the same reason that if I were in a building that caught fire I wouldn't want to be carrying a can of gasoline.

duh.gif

Summa y'all just continue to live in the comic books. Captain Oblivious, in spandex.

Fantasy.

vs.

Charleston ( 9 dead)

Osceola ( 0 dead )

Cherry picking, love it.

What do you mean cherry picking...these actually happened....I compared church shootings to church shootings....and then you have all the other times armed people have stopped mass shooters and criminals as well.....

You compared exactly 5 shootings to each other. Statistically it doesn't amount to shit.

Fuck no. For the same reason that if I were in a building that caught fire I wouldn't want to be carrying a can of gasoline.

duh.gif

Summa y'all just continue to live in the comic books. Captain Oblivious, in spandex.
Your post defies logic.

duh.gif

Your post defies logic.

Actually what defies logic is the childish fantasy that you can play dress-up Batman with a cowboy hat and have everybody walk around packing heat............. and then wonder "what could possibly go wrong"?

That would save terrorists a lot of work. They could fire one shot and leave these self-styled comic book heroes to do their work for them. What defies logic is assessing "problem -- presence of deadly weapon; solution -- MORE deadly weapons". :cuckoo:

duh.gif

Your post defies logic.

Actually what defies logic is the childish fantasy that you can play dress-up Batman with a cowboy hat and have everybody walk around packing heat............. and then wonder "what could possibly go wrong"?

That would save terrorists a lot of work. They could fire one shot and leave these self-styled comic book heroes to do their work for them. What defies logic is assessing "problem -- presence of deadly weapon; solution -- MORE deadly weapons". :cuckoo:
Adding this post to your previous illogical post, isnt helping you look any less insane and naive.

duh.gif

Your post defies logic.

Adding this post to your previous illogical post, isnt helping you look any less insane and naive.

So your only rebuttal to that logic is childish ad hominem.

It figures.

duh.gif

Your post defies logic.

So your only rebuttal to that logic is childish ad hominem.

It figures.
You are accusing us of wanting to "play dress-up". What sort of response did you expect? Your post is loony.

Forum List

Back