If you were a Business owner

How about this:

If you were a business owner and you felt your business was over-taxed, over-regulated, and the unions forced you to pay wages you felt were unfair, as well as paying medical and dental plans, pensions, etc...would you continue to do business under those conditions?

Unions don't force anything. They negotiate. Businesses are not overtaxed and we are not over regulated. If we were, you could easily list the regulations that led to American businesses being more profitable than ever. Please do.
They leave the country, instead. Obama complains about businesses going overseas all the time.

If you were a serious business owner, you owned the kind of a business that relies on professionalism, efficiency, people skills and great first impressions to make a profit, where second impressions don't exist...
And most careers are like that...

Would you want your employees showing up to work wearing jeans and sneakers and baseball caps ?

Would you want your employees to run a half an hour late, and leave a half an hour, or 15 minutes early ?

Would you want your employees to do a bad job, and then instead of fixing the problem, just sit there and deny doing a bad job, and hand the customers a bunch of lines about how great they are at doing their job ?

If you were a parent of a child aged about 14, that puts him at about the 9th grade.. ok... the majority of his legally entitled school years are over.. the school system now has only 3 more years to make sure that your kid has a high school education that qualified him to go to college or trade school..
And your kid couldn't do the multiplication tables.

Would you want to hear a bunch of bullshit lines from administrators and teachers and counselors, about how great they are at their jobs ?

That's what teachers unions do, and I have seen it all the time in Philadelphia... I myself am a victim of it.

Its a teachers union, not a students union, ok ?!!

And your kid, the student is what counts, not the teacher.
So if you support unions, why do you ?

This is what union, and government workers (and both) do.

I am a business owner. I actually wear jeans to work most days.

Public schools are not businesses and a HS education is not a widget.

Teachers work long hours. To believe otherwise is to be gullible and uninformed. Teachers are not all effective. Some aren't. But.....the overwhelming majority are.

Show me a kid who has attended public school to grade 9 and can't do his multiplication tables and I'll show you a kid with a less than desirable home life.

You are a useful tool for the anti-education crowd.

Public schools ARE a business. The only difference between a public school and a private school are funding and accreditation.

Depends on the business. I have owned 2 brick and mortar stores, 3 spaces in an antique mall, and had 3 online businesses.

In the brick and mortar stores..casual dress was a rule...but not jeans or baseball caps. I focused more on customer service i.e. answer the phone within the 3rd ring and NO PUTTING ON HOLD NO MATTER WHAT; Always greet an entering customer even if busy with another one..just validate them entering with a smile and nod and a greeting; no friends visiting during work hours; no cell phones; be are work 15 minutes prior to actual work time so changing shifts can update what is going on...etc. Dress code, like I said, was casual, comfortable but neat.

How about this:

If you were a business owner and you felt your business was over-taxed, over-regulated, and the unions forced you to pay wages you felt were unfair, as well as paying medical and dental plans, pensions, etc...would you continue to do business under those conditions?

The question is: How much do you pay the people that make you all of your money?

If your business is over-taxed, over-regulated, and the unions forced you to pay wages you felt were unfair, then why did you start/buy the business?

How about this:

The question is: How much do you pay the people that make you all of your money?

If your business is over-taxed, over-regulated, and the unions forced you to pay wages you felt were unfair, then why did you start/buy the business?
You started the business because you are a businessperson. You have found it is much more profitable, both for yourself and the people who have invested in your company (aka stockholders), to do business elsewhere. Many have.

They leave the country, instead. Obama complains about businesses going overseas all the time.

Cause they're skirting tax.

Burger King is defecting to Canada who's effective corporate tax rate is higher than the US, but they get to walk on tens of millions in deferred tax they owe to the US.

Apple is using funds made off-shore to purchase items, import them, then deducting the cost from their US taxes on monies they never paid tax.

How about this:

You started the business because you are a businessperson. You have found it is much more profitable, both for yourself and the people who have invested in your company (aka stockholders), to do business elsewhere. Many have.

Then whats the problem?

Cause they're skirting tax.

Burger King is defecting to Canada who's effective corporate tax rate is higher than the US, but they get to walk on tens of millions in deferred tax they owe to the US.

Apple is using funds made off-shore to purchase items, import them, then deducting the cost from their US taxes on monies they never paid tax.
Are they being charged with tax evasion?

How about this:

Then whats the problem?
Where did I say it was a problem for the business? It's a problem for the government that loses tax income.

He does have a right to a public education through the age of 19 I believe....even as a juvenile delinquent who was endlessly suspended, and maybe this is what he won in court and was talking about winning?

How about this:

Then whats the problem?
Where did I say it was a problem for the business? It's a problem for the government that loses tax income.

How does the government have tax losses?

I go to work in my pajamas while everybody is in 500 dress shirts and thousand dollar sports coats. They don't care and they know not to say anything, because of a respect thing they have for me and my name in the business and what I've done for them. I've paid them hundreds of thousands a year.

Would you want your employees showing up to work wearing jeans and sneakers and baseball caps ?

That depends on what exactly the business is. There's a wide range of appropriate dress for different kinds of business. And it has nothing to do with the level of professionalism of the company.

As for the rest of this garbage, blow it out of your ass.

Forum List

Back