If you think arming teachers is a solution to school shootings then you are either dumb or insane

Great, now 15 year old Jimmy the psychopath and others like them who are too young to buy guns can get one for free by knocking out their teacher from behind.

This idea is so dumb that it blows my mind grown adults came up with it.
There is no need to arm teachers. Just deploy a few well armed, well trained, well provisioned military personnel to each school that really wants to be protected. Just think how many jobs could be created.
Hold on. Are you joking with this idea or are you serious? I can’t tell.
I have difficulty imagining that I could be more serious. We need armed, trained, well equipped sharpshooters in every venue where assholes like school shooters might be expected. Kill the bastards...and don't mention their names or show their likeness on TV.

We could do that. But the problem is it won't stop a kook. They would just go someplace where they can commit a mass murder; a gun free zone. But at least it would save the school children.

Blaming this shit on the NRA is absurd.
The NRA is to blame. They lead the fight in allowing the mentally disturbed have guns. That unless they are adjudicated, as in after a judicial hearing to determine he's crazy, he retains his right to buy firearms.

So somebody whose psychiatrist thinks is an imminent danger, has to go to a judge to keep his patient from buying a gun.

And what would the results be? That's right, more people would avoid seeking professional help for their mental problems. Then you would have a bunch of untreated, unsupervised kooks running around which could be even more dangerous.

Your idea would only make things worse.

Great, now 15 year old Jimmy the psychopath and others like them who are too young to buy guns can get one for free by knocking out their teacher from behind.

There is no need to arm teachers. Just deploy a few well armed, well trained, well provisioned military personnel to each school that really wants to be protected. Just think how many jobs could be created.

The military isn't allowed to handle domestic problems. The closest you could get is the National Guard and I don't think that would be legal either.

I think we need to have an honest discussion as to why this is happening. When I was a younger man, this shit didn't happen, at all.

It's quite simple really. A common trait among these killers is they acted out of rejection. Younger people are not capable of handling humiliation or rejection today. They've been raised all of their lives shielded from humility, so when it hits them in the face, some go crazy.

When we were younger (assuming you're around my age) we were raised dealing with negative emotions. If you got out of hand in the store, your mother would whack you on the ass and you stood there crying in front of all those people. If you acted up in school, the teacher would take a board and beat your ass with it. If you cried in front of your classmates, too bad, you brought it on yourself. If a bigger kid picked on you, you just learned to deal with it. Today, bullying is a national concern.

So the problem is we are raising eggshells. The weaker the shell, the easier it is to crack.

The NRA is to blame. They lead the fight in allowing the mentally disturbed have guns. That unless they are adjudicated, as in after a judicial hearing to determine he's crazy, he retains his right to buy firearms.

So somebody whose psychiatrist thinks is an imminent danger, has to go to a judge to keep his patient from buying a gun.

It's Republicans who are responsible for this. It's congress that writes the gun regulations in this country, not the NRA. Republicans won't do JACK SHIT because the NRA is their campaign cash cow.

The gun rights organization (NRA) spent a stupendous $54.4 million in the 2016 election cycle, almost all of it in "independent expenditures," meaning spending for or against a candidate but not a direct contribution to a campaign. The money went almost entirely to Republicans to a degree that almost looks like a misprint (but isn't): Of independent expenditures totaling $52.6 million, Democrats received $265. Yes, that's $265 dollars.
'Thoughts and prayers' — and fistfuls of NRA money: Why America can't control guns

edtoon_COLOR_NRA_CO_Gun_Massacre.jpg

You want to get something done with common sense gun regulations. Get to the polls this coming November and vote for DEMOCRATS. Otherwise expect more of the same.
...and it's the stupid fucking liberals that blame the weapon rather than the user of it! You are fucking BRAIN DEAD!

We have enough evidence in this country today- -to PROVE that semi-automatic weapons are not good for this country. Anyone that still supports the sale of these guns--is also complicit in mass murder. Our forefathers who wrote the 2nd amendment never intended that guns be used to slaughter innocent civilians.

RogerR20120424_low.jpg

My suggestions are--since Republicans haven't done anything since they took over in 2010.

1. Ban semi-automatic weapons and 30 round gun clips.
2. People with existing semi-automatics & ammo be required to keep them in a locked secure gun case, and required to maintain an insurance liability policy on that weapon in order to keep them.
3. Parents of children & teenagers are required to keep all of their guns & ammo in locked secure gun safes, inaccessible at all times to their kids.
4. No private sales. If someone wants to sell their gun, it has to be dropped off at a licensed gun dealer for resale so a background check can be done.
5. Background checks including extended mental health checks before any purchase of a gun is made.
6. Straw buyers of guns, those who buy guns for others, be under the same prosecutable standards as those that pull the trigger.
7. Those that are on a no fly list, or FBI terrorist watch list not be able to purchase any guns or ammo.
8. Gun shows are required to do background checks before any sale.
9. If someone is acting up at work or school, and publicly threatening innocents via social media outlets, comments to family members, friends and others who report their comments & behavior. That person is investigated, and if reasonable cause, law enforcemnt, including local law enforcement can legally cease all weapons and ammo, and that person's name is put on a no gun sale list.

Common sense gun regulations. Republicans have refused to do any of this. Obama asked that they put on a no gun list--people who are on FBI terrorist watch lists and no fly lists--and Republicans said NO. They even repealed Obama's requirement for mental health checks after he initated them after the Sandy Hook massacre.
Trump repeals an Obama regulation keeping guns from people with certain mental health conditions

Obama: It's 'insane' that people on the 'no-fly' list can buy guns - CNNPolitics

Vote for Democrats this coming November for sensible gun regulations. You vote for Republicans, all you're going to get is sympathies, and prayer vigils.

Last edited:

It's Republicans who are responsible for this. It's congress that writes the gun regulations in this country, not the NRA. Republicans won't do JACK SHIT because the NRA is their campaign cash cow.

The gun rights organization (NRA) spent a stupendous $54.4 million in the 2016 election cycle, almost all of it in "independent expenditures," meaning spending for or against a candidate but not a direct contribution to a campaign. The money went almost entirely to Republicans to a degree that almost looks like a misprint (but isn't): Of independent expenditures totaling $52.6 million, Democrats received $265. Yes, that's $265 dollars.
'Thoughts and prayers' — and fistfuls of NRA money: Why America can't control guns

You want to get something done with common sense gun regulations. Get to the polls this coming November and vote for DEMOCRATS. Otherwise expect more of the same.
...and it's the stupid fucking liberals that blame the weapon rather than the user of it! You are fucking BRAIN DEAD!

We have enough evidence in this country today- -to PROVE that semi-automatic weapons are not good for this country. Anyone that still supports the sale of these guns--is also complicit in mass murder. Our forefathers who wrote the 2nd amendment never intended that guns be used to slaughter innocent civilians.

RogerR20120424_low.jpg

My suggestions are--since Republicans haven't done anything since they took over in 2010.

2. People with existing semi-automatics & ammo be required to keep them in a locked secure gun case, and required to maintain an insurance liability policy on that weapon in order to keep them.
3. Parents of children & teenagers are required to keep all of their guns & ammo in locked secure gun safes, inaccessible at all times to their kids.
4. No private sales. If someone wants to sell their gun, it has to be dropped off at a licensed gun dealer for resale so a background check can be done.
5. Background checks including extended mental health checks before any purchase of a gun is made.
6. Straw buyers of guns, those who buy guns for others, be under the same prosecutable standards as those that pull the trigger.
7. Those that are on a no fly list, or FBI terrorist watch list not be able to purchase any guns or ammo.

Common sense gun regulations. Republicans have refused to do any of this. Obama asked that they put on a no gun list--people who are on FBI terrorist watch lists and no fly lists--and Republicans said NO. They even repealed Obama's requirement for mental health checks after he initated them after the Sandy Hook massacre.
Trump repeals an Obama regulation keeping guns from people with certain mental health conditions

Vote for Democrats this coming November for sensible gun regulations. You vote for Republicans, all you're going to get is sympathies, and prayer vigils.

In other words make it as expensive and impossible to buy a firearm as you can.

We understand how the left hates our Constitution, so until you can get that repealed, we will live under it's rule.

No, but she should be forced to take a competency test consisting of both a written test AND a "field test", like for a driver's license. If she can't land 3 out of 5 in the target circle, then no gun for grandma. if she doesn't understand which places are off limits to guns, then no gun for grandma.

Where does the 2nd Amendment require that?

Nope, but Heller v DC says they can make it so.
No it doesn't. Furthermore, that is just the opinion of some poltical hacks.

Licensing and other restrictions on firearm ownership have been ruled constitutional.

Of course they are , in Venezuela, Cuba, former USSR, nazi Germany , places that you and your ilk consider "paradise"

Why didn't the Obama administration pass gun control during his term. For 2 years he had a majority in both the house and Senate, however, for 4 months, the democrats had total control of both the house and Senate. With 60 votes in the Senate, they could have passed any bill they wanted, unhindered.

Why then, when democrates had the opportunity, did they not act?

They did act. We dont' need more gun control laws, we need more mental health help, especially where Obama disqualified people with mental health problems from getting guns.

Unfortunately Trump in tearing down every Obama, repealed the Obama EO, to put guns into the hands of the mentally ill.
What I mean is, the left had a perfect opportunity to put any and all semi automatic assault rifles on the chopping block, which is what people are asking for now, but they didn't.

I guess I'm saying is, the left is yelling for these weapons to be banned, and they could have done it, but they did not, so why?

Why didn't the Obama administration pass gun control during his term. For 2 years he had a majority in both the house and Senate, however, for 4 months, the democrats had total control of both the house and Senate. With 60 votes in the Senate, they could have passed any bill they wanted, unhindered.

They did act. We dont' need more gun control laws, we need more mental health help, especially where Obama disqualified people with mental health problems from getting guns.

Unfortunately Trump in tearing down every Obama, repealed the Obama EO, to put guns into the hands of the mentally ill.
What I mean is, the left had a perfect opportunity to put any and all semi automatic assault rifles on the chopping block, which is what people are asking for now, but they didn't.

I guess I'm saying is, the left is yelling for these weapons to be banned, and they could have done it, but they did not, so why?

Because the right would have pointed out we already had an assault weapons ban--for ten years. It didn't have any positive results.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, just like a Democrat.

No, they couldn't pass anything they wanted. They have this pesky obstruction called the US Constitution which they despise that would have stopped them.
I don't think the constitution stopped them. We already have bans on some weapons, so, if they wanted to, they could have further restricted the gun choices to the public.

No, they couldn't pass anything they wanted. They have this pesky obstruction called the US Constitution which they despise that would have stopped them.
I don't think the constitution stopped them. We already have bans on some weapons, so, if they wanted to, they could have further restricted the gun choices to the public.

Not if it was challenged which is something they want to avoid, especially now.

Their game plan will be to make it as difficult and expensive as possible to buy or own a firearm. That way they can get around the Constitution. They don't have the support for any weapons ban, and that's why they are using these school kids to draw sympathy from the public to get support. It won't work, but watch how the MSM sensationalizes it in the coming days.

Because the right would have pointed out we already had an assault weapons ban--for ten years. It didn't have any positive results.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, just like a Democrat.
I understand, what I'm trying to get at is, the dems could have had any gun control they wanted, and the right would have been powerless to stop them, for 4 months. Sure, the right would have ranted and raved, but the fact remains, for 4 months they had the white house, the house, and 60 votes in the Senate.

I don't know, maybe I'm thinking of this all wrong.

RogerR20120424_low.jpg

We understand how the left hates our Constitution, so until you can get that repealed, we will live under it's rule.

I am talking about semi automatics. Owners of Pit Bulls are required to have a liability insurance policy on these dogs in many cities across this country. If people insist on owning semi-automatics & want to play Rambo, they can maintain a liability insurance policy on that weapon in order to keep them.

Last edited:

RogerR20120424_low.jpg

I am talking about semi automatics. Owners of Pit Bulls are required to have a liability insurance policy on these dogs in many cities across this country. If people insist on owning semi-automatics & want to play Rambo, they can maintain a liability insurance policy on that weapon in order to keep them.

I have liability insurance on my car, but that insurance won't stop me from getting into an accident.

Tell us, do you think this school shooter would have purchased insurance?

What you're suggesting is a solution looking for a problem.

Let’s say there was an armed teacher. So what ! Shooter guy had way more arms . What would they do? Maybe shoot him after he only kills 12 people .

Doesn’t really solve the problem.
/——/ no moron. The shooter will avoid a target knowing a teacher is armed. Terrorists are cowards
Bullshit. Cruz knew there was an armed officer at the school and that did not deter him.

Once again you have been proven wrong Billy. There isn't an issue with "15-year-old Jimmy" going and "knocking out their teacher from behind" at this school. There also isn't an issue with mass shootings.

Students in West Texas school district ‘feel safe’ at school — the reason why will prevent shooting

Hold on. Are you joking with this idea or are you serious? I can’t tell.
I have difficulty imagining that I could be more serious. We need armed, trained, well equipped sharpshooters in every venue where assholes like school shooters might be expected. Kill the bastards...and don't mention their names or show their likeness on TV.
Wow posts like this really throw me. I’m just in disbelief that people say this kind of stuff. I don’t even know where to begin in telling you how insane this idea of yours is.
That is expected of you. Small minds have difficulty composing sentences.

The armed guards I propose do not have to be in uniform or open carry. Many of them could be qualified teachers.

The military isn't allowed to handle domestic problems. The closest you could get is the National Guard and I don't think that would be legal either.
Then use ex-military people, not in uniform, not open carrying...just a vests and a couple of good concealed firearms and several magazines.

Forum List

Back