if you had a political time machine. What do you go back to change or do over?

I would change nothing, due to The Butterfly Effect. I would however bounce around and make several large sports wagers and place the winnings in various trusts along the way. :113:

Lincoln's mama would have had an abortion ......... and no Civil War .......... thanks GOP ass holes ........

The 19th Amendment

Within my lifetime, I would advise the govt lawyers and judge AGAINST
demolition and eviction at Allen Parkway Village that led to an avalanche
of further destruction of the last national historic district and Civil Rights landmark of its kind.

I would also advise Obama against Discrimination by Creed
by pushing laws with biases in beliefs about health care, marriage, etc.

If I needed to go back further in time, wherever it works to write out
how to manage "political beliefs" instead of imposing these by party,
I'd rather the First Amendment specify that as part of religious freedom.

I would advise the Southern Confederate leaders to mediate and work
out a plan for economic reform instead of seceding and going to war over the states' rights/slavery issue.

I would set up proportional representation by party, and divide electoral college votes
per district and state instead of winner take all; and advise that political parties
be treated the same as any other religious organizations that can't abuse power to
establish their beliefs through govt at the expense of equal rights and protections
of people of other parties and creeds.

PS also I would want to know what really happened with
Marilyn Monroe, Bobby Kennedy and JFK assassination.

Even if I couldn't stop it or change it, I would want to know
so there wouldn't be such distrust of media and govt over this.
Same with 9/11, I would like a window back in time to
see everything that went on, just so people would stop making
false assertions then use that to manipulate others.

I would change nothing, due to The Butterfly Effect. I would however bounce around and make several large sports wagers and place the winnings in various trusts along the way. :113:

That wouldn't exactly escape the butterfly effect.

Personally: I'd go back and tell the younger me to stick with the computer thing. :(

Historically: Probably see if I could figure out a way to prevent the burning of the Library of Alexandria.

How not?

Because even the minor changes introduced by your investments could have a profound effect on the future. That's sort of the point of the butterfly effect.

How not?

Because even the minor changes introduced by your investments could have a profound effect on the future. That's sort of the point of the butterfly effect.

I disagree. Flat winnings placed in numerous trusts at various points in history would have no more effect than other pre-existent trusts. The ebb and flow of interest rates would remain the same. The trusts themselves would simply be names and numbers on paper. We're not talking trillion$ here.

Forum List

Back